TalkSPORT 87 final (1 Viewer)

Mcbean

FYI After 6 tonight they are talking the Coventry Tottenham final - they already included Hadji in their top five African players

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Quite a bit Tottenham biased at the moment.
I think some of the memories are not quite spot on but then again memories fade over time and myths get re-enforced.
I think the overriding matter is that is the recollection was that it was such a huge upset. It wasn't really as City were a fine side that year. Only fixture congestion and distraction of cup final got in the way of finishing in top 6.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Great day out,Cheers for the heads up Mcbean got it on now PUSB!!!

matesx

I was 19 and got wrecked before the game, really regret it now as my memory is a blur.

Still.....what a day!

Mcbean

What struck me was that TH had such a highly rated lineup - I had not realised quite how much Cov were the underdogs - Snoz is a legend -half an hour highlights were on BT 3 last night

matesx

They were truly great days.

We played them at a sunny HR first game of following season.

2.1 win. Fantastic!

Terry_dactyl

We taped the cup final. It felt like we watched it on a constant loop for about 3 months afterwards.
Speaking of which, does anyone know where I could get a dvd of the semi-final? Chatting to my dad the other week and he said he’s never watched the game, since seeing live.

Reactions: TTG

RegTheDonk

We taped the cup final. It felt like we watched it on a constant loop for about 3 months afterwards.
Speaking of which, does anyone know where I could get a dvd of the semi-final? Chatting to my dad the other week and he said he’s never watched the game, since seeing live.
I've got that on VHS Terry, quality isn't too bad. If you PM me your address, I'll copy it onto a DVD and post it to you.

TTG

I've got that on VHS Terry, quality isn't too bad. If you PM me your address, I'll copy it onto a DVD and post it to you.
I pretty sure there is an official DVD from a few years back

Ring Of Steel

I have the semi on VHS with the interviews etc- Ian St John was in the studio and he was very biased towards us :)

Question- CCFC 4 Spurs 3 in '86 is my favourite ever game, does anyone know what minute scored the winner? I have trawled everywhere to try and find out. My memory says it was literally the 93rd minute or something but I can't be sure and its driven me mad for years

pipkin73

I have the semi on VHS with the interviews etc- Ian St John was in the studio and he was very biased towards us :)

Question- CCFC 4 Spurs 3 in '86 is my favourite ever game, does anyone know what minute scored the winner? I have trawled everywhere to try and find out. My memory says it was literally the 93rd minute or something but I can't be sure and its driven me mad for years
best i could find
On This Sky Blue Day 1986: Sky Blues Best ‘Spurs : Coventry City Former Players Association || CCFPA

and the highlights

Users who are viewing this thread