talks over rent issues have stalled (1 Viewer)

brinner

According to ACL and they are contemplating their next move

Otis

So, are you telling me this thread yesterday wasn't true?

I am stunned, shocked and aghast! :whistle:

torchomatic

Brinner, what has been said? And what reason do they give?

Sky Blues

There's a guy on Twitter, CJ Joiner, says he's had a text off Liz Cooper (I assume the same Liz Cooper who is Marketing Manager of the Ricoh Arena) saying no agreement has been reached and ACL are pursuing their legal options.

CJparker

"Contemplating their next move"...why haven't they got that worked out already?

Either keep negotiating or send in the winding up petition. If I were them, I would go for the latter.

Astute

What is the use of negotiations when good offers are not considered? One way negotiations will never work :(

Astute

Can anyone truthfully see a better outcome to the situation though?

Lord_Nampil

I can see one out come! The mortgage is the stumbling block! I am guessing that's why the rent was so high in the first place, as a result I can see the club, ACL, the council and the Higgs trust all loosing here and the bank taking control of the ground! I am guessing the pressure ACL are putting on us is probably down to the fact bank are applying pressure to them!!!

Grendel

"Contemplating their next move"...why haven't they got that worked out already?

Either keep negotiating or send in the winding up petition. If I were them, I would go for the latter.

And we can hear your delight in your written word.

Party time at your house if they pull the plug over this?

Your stance on this for a so called fan is a disgrace.

Sky Blues

Sky Blue Trust have just tweeted what they say is an ACL statement: "At the current time, no agreement has been reached with CCFC owners Joy Seppala and her Mayfair-based hedge fund Sisu over the outstanding rent issue. Arena Coventry Limited is disappointed at this and will be considering its legal options and the appropriate course of action.”

Astute

Anyone still happy with the way SISU are dealing with the matter?

Tad

Can't see this ending well at all..

Jim

Anyone still happy with the way SISU are dealing with the matter?

Nope. Shocking.

With an offer of a 67% discount going forward and 10 years to pay off the current debt to ACL, SISU should have ripped their arm off to accept.

The alleged additional costs quoted by Seppala muddies the water a little but would be interesting to see a breakdown of these costs. I suspect most of them are matchday costs that CCFC are already obliged to pay anyway.

£400k reduces the rent to a much smaller percentage of costs and brings us back to trying to improve turnover which is the biggest issue facing the club.

ashbyjan

Trust has spoken w ACL this morning and the twitter statement is their official position. With Seppala in US no negotiations are taking place as it is her conducting things for SISU now. In New Year council will have to decide whether there is anything to be gained by further negotiation and if not press ahead with winding up order etc

rob9872

Can understand them not accepting first offer as always room to move and standard practice to decline, but not communicating is more of a worry.

Astute

I hope I am wrong about what SISU are up to. Can't see it though.

The worse thing is they have the backing of many of our fans. Hopefully they are not the majority but are the ones who shout the loudest.

Sky Blues

Trust has spoken w ACL this morning and the twitter statement is their official position. With Seppala in US no negotiations are taking place as it is her conducting things for SISU now. In New Year council will have to decide whether there is anything to be gained by further negotiation and if not press ahead with winding up order etc

Thank you for the update.

Grendel

The fans that back them are total tossers. When will these dicks open their eyes. They make me sick.

Only time will tell. ACL may go to court but that can be a long and expensive process. Will they do it? Will the council taxpayer bear the cost of litigation? Will they just fold! Time will tell.

ashbyjan

At Stevenage - lovely average 1st div ground compares favourably with our average 1st div ground, hard to see a difference really

Grendel

At Stevenage - lovely average 1st div ground compares favourably with our average 1st div ground, hard to see a difference really

Irrelevant comment. Go to Ipswich and tell me their ground is not fit for purpose and we should be paying £1.1 million more than them.

Astute

Not being run into the ground by owners like SISU?

Users who are viewing this thread