Talks between CCFC and Coventry Rugby Club ? (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

....anyone heard or know anything ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Someone I know who has absolutely no interest in football but has contacts at the rugby club informs me that there are "advanced " discussions between the two clubs. Beyond that I know absolutely nothing , and they don't seem to know, or are not letting on. It could be simply that CCFC want to sell a few pin badges at the shop there (I'm guessing they have one.) It could be that our owners are not happy that they have an elephant on their badge.

skybluetony176

Someone I know who has absolutely no interest in football but has contacts at the rugby club informs me that there are "advanced " discussions between the two clubs. Beyond that I know absolutely nothing , and they don't seem to know, or are not letting on. It could be simply that CCFC want to sell a few pin badges at the shop there (I'm guessing they have one.) It could be that our owners are not happy that they have an elephant on their badge.

It was Coventry United last I heard in talks, as need seating (stand) when promoted at the end of the season

If the source knows nothing about football it's probably this.

Gazolba

[h=2]Talks between CCFC and Coventry Rugby Club ?[/h]....anyone heard or know anything ?
Yes
CCFC: "We play with a round ball"
CRFC: "How strange, we play with an oval one".
CCFC: "No way!"

Gint11

'Clutching at straws' springs to mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmoncity

If true could have legs as if we did move there and somehow developed the ground it could work.its a very unlikely longshot but at least we would be in cov

lewys33

If true could have legs as if we did move there and somehow developed the ground it could work.its a very unlikely longshot but at least we would be in cov

Have you seen the size of the butts?! Infrastructure would also be a massive issue. Non-starter. I would imagine the Cov Utd. shout is a good one.

LB87ccfc

I heard a silly rumour Monday night from a source who confirmed the Ricoh return WEEKS before it was announced, that Wasps want Coventry Rugby club playing at the Ricoh Arena, and we was in dialogue about taking on the Butts as a base for the new stadium.

Otis

I heard a silly rumour Monday night from a source who confirmed the Ricoh return WEEKS before it was announced, that Wasps want Coventry Rugby club playing at the Ricoh Arena, and we was in dialogue about taking on the Butts as a base for the new stadium.

Could definitely be Cov United'a new stadium, no way it could be CoventryCity's new stadium. There is incredibly little room for expansion or improvement. Great big blocks of student accomodation (think it is student, or could be sheltered housing) right next to the pitch are already being built there.

Hardly any room for any expansion. Cov Rugby moving to the Ricoh would be excellent for them if they can get the support and the Butts would be excellent for Cov United.

Everyone's a winner all round.

Well, apart from us of course, but with every potential news story I think we always take the stance of this is going to be bad for the Sky Blues anyway.

LB87ccfc

Could definitely be Cov United'a new stadium, no way it could be CoventryCity's new stadium. There is incredibly little room for expansion or improvement. Great big blocks of student accomodation (think it is student, or could be sheltered housing) right next to the pitch are already being built there.

Hardly any room for any expansion. Cov Rugby moving to the Ricoh would be excellent for them if they can get the support and the Butts would be excellent for Cov United.

Everyone's a winner all round.

Well, apart from us of course, but with every potential news story I think we always take the stance of this is going to be bad for the Sky Blues anyway.

It is very possible they got their marbles crossed as I originally thought surely they mean Cov United which if they are promoted would be brilliant for them, but where would it leave us if Cov Rugby did strike a deal with Wasps

Sub

It is very possible they got their marbles crossed as I originally thought surely they mean Cov United which if they are promoted would be brilliant for them, but where would it leave us if Cov Rugby did strike a deal with Wasps

In our shiny new stadium built by SISU:whistle:

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Butt's maximum capacity with another stand would be what, 8000?

Perfect..

Ashdown

The best thing Coventry Rugby Club can do is to keep a huge distance between themselves and either CCFC or 'Wasps'. They are managing just fine without either of these hedge fund sponsored tossers fucking them up !

wingy

The best thing Coventry Rugby Club can do is to keep a huge distance between themselves and either CCFC or 'Wasps'. They are managing just fine without either of these hedge fund sponsored tossers fucking them up !
Had a brief chat to the owner after Saturday's game
The Impression I got Is that there Is no chance of diluting the Coventry culture at the Club to benefit anyone else
Apparently there was chatter before this season that Cov Utd were seeking use of the Butts and it's now re surfaced,it needs baring in mind that there will be Rugby League at the venue next season,so the pitch would require upgrading to support 3 teams.

Users who are viewing this thread