Talk Sport (1 Viewer)

Seaside-Skyblue

An Arsenal fan just phoned up defending Coventry and accused the pundits; one of them being Bobby Gould for being too harsh on us! I'd have to agree. I thought that in the second half, we were a match for, if not better than Arsenal in spells (Until the final ten minutes). We lost 4 - 0 but I personally think we are very easy on the eye with our passing football.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Bobby gould and some lad called sam Delaney

runner

I agree, I felt that it was all Arsenal were great, and to be fair they were, but in the second half we were very respectable and agree, until the substitutions, we were in control for a little while there, respect to the players and the fans that travelled ... fair play !

jesus-wept

Bobby Gould that ever so passionate Coventrian was interviewed on Talk Sport ealier in the day and went on his normal I'm a Wyken kid from Forknell Road mantra, told us how he was transferred to Arsenal for £90k and scored the winner in a 1-0 Arsenal victory when he came back to Highfield Road then spent the rest of the game hiding from George Curtis, don't know why George was out with a broken leg at the time.

Also said with two goalscorers like Leon Clarke and Callum Wilson we would test the Arsenal defence especially with the pace of Wilson !

wingy

We had them under siege second half until the legs gave out .Wenger was worried enough to change It ,I had 80 -20 % in our favour ,they cound'nt get in our half until those last ten when we'd run ourselves out.

Bring on the Orient and County .

sw88

Chief Commentator!
We had them under siege second half until the legs gave out .Wenger was worried enough to change It ,I had 80 -20 % in our favour ,they cound'nt get in our half until those last ten when we'd run ourselves out.

Bring on the Orient and County .

Tbf I don't think any of his substitutions were through worry. Well apart from the Bendtner one. Christ he's worse in real life than he looks on TV!

JWC

Did anyone see Gould on the build up to the AFC Wimbledon game on BT Sport? The guy has totally lost it, couldn't string a sentence together most of the time.

How he still gets a job as a pundit is anyone's guess.

Captain_Slackbladder

At least he cares - CCFC through and through - will never forget the time we went to see City training at Ryton in the early 90's - Phil Neal had no time for anyone, infact yelled very aggressively at one of our young lads for kicking a ball - Bobby Gould was brilliant, had time to talk to everyone, sign autographs. A real people person - shame there aren't more of his kind around...

Grendel

Did anyone see Gould on the build up to the AFC Wimbledon game on BT Sport? The guy has totally lost it, couldn't string a sentence together most of the time.

How he still gets a job as a pundit is anyone's guess.

Goulds a sandwich short of a picnic. When his dulcit tones hit the airwaves its time for the off button.

Users who are viewing this thread