Talk-sport talking about us again (1 Viewer)

Covstu

With joe Cole signing we have never had so many mentions but got another mention from Durham and goughie again tonight stating how Armstrong must get recalled back to Newcastle because of how good he is. Then final parting shot unable to understand our loan policy!

Durham normally talks pish when a team beats the posh but it does make me worry what will happen come Christmas/new year with our loans, it could go horribly wrong

hill83

Not worried even if we lose our loan players (Armstrong not included). We'll hopefully be in a good position in the league still and will be in a much better position to bring in higher quality players. Keeping Armstrong is crucial though.

With Mowbray in charge it's about the team and setup rather than the individuals and I trust him to fix anything that might go wrong.

shmmeee

Yeah, we need to move heaven and earth to keep Armstrong because I seriously doubt there's another 30-a-season striker just lying about in the U21 leagues.

I do think Tudgay would score more than usual in this side. He's on about 1 in 5 at the moment, his best ever is 1 in 4 though so probably still not enough.

Murphy is here all season. Kent, though I like him, I wouldn't mind too much if he went back after Maddison is back.

To be fair, I'm equally concerned about the loss of Reda and Willis at the moment.

Sick Boy

It is essential we keep Armstrong after Xmas, we are still a long way from securing promotion, so let's not get carried away.

Saying that though, the person I am most worried about losing is Mowbray.

Covstu

Not worried even if we lose our loan players (Armstrong not included). We'll hopefully be in a good position in the league still and will be in a much better position to bring in higher quality players. Keeping Armstrong is crucial though.

With Mowbray in charge it's about the team and setup rather than the individuals and I trust him to fix anything that might go wrong.
yep would live with the others going back but Armstrong would be soul destroying

covey1987

Durham has been moaning about our loan players since we turned over posh. Bloke is a knob.
Think keeping Armstrong would be a massive shot towards promotion.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I reckon Mowbray will go back in for Samuel if Armstrong leaves, don't think Samuel is as good as Armstrong but he would score goals in this team.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Bitter pair, nothing to do with the fact we've taken 6 points off their 2 teams in 5 days!

Nobody gave a toss when we had half a dozen useless loans at the club in recent years!

Bugsy

jas365

Durham has been moaning about our loan players since we turned over posh. Bloke is a knob.
Think keeping Armstrong would be a massive shot towards promotion.

The presenters on Talksport just express ridiculous opinions to get people to bite and phone in. They've done it for years and amazingly it still works.

Re: Armstrong, my biggest worry is a carbon copy of what happened with McGoldrick. I'm sure Newcastle will be happy to send him back out on loan again for the 2nd half of the season, but the way it's going there will be plenty of other clubs trying to get him after Christmas. I'm not sure how competitive we could be in an open market.

H

Huckerby

The presenters on Talksport just express ridiculous opinions to get people to bite and phone in. They've done it for years and amazingly it still works.

Re: Armstrong, my biggest worry is a carbon copy of what happened with McGoldrick. I'm sure Newcastle will be happy to send him back out on loan again for the 2nd half of the season, but the way it's going there will be plenty of other clubs trying to get him after Christmas. I'm not sure how competitive we could be in an open market.
I hear you, but the only other teams interested in loaning him would be lower half championship teams (why would they move him to a struggling team from a winning team playing great football where he's developing loads?) or another league one team (what would be the point)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

H&J are brilliant only listen to their podcasts now though.

Andy Jacobs does make me laugh though supports Chelsea & makes out they're in a crisis the whole time so out of touch. Plus he has a real dislike/non interest in the lower leagues which is probably common of most top 6 prem fans, which is sad in my opinion.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The 2 Mikes?

Listened to the podcast once they just ramble on about nonsense very surreal, not quite sure how or why anyone listens to it, not even funny.

Alkhen

Am I being massively naive to think that if Newcastle allow him back out on loan and we are still competing at the top Armstrong would want to stay to finish what he started perhaps get a winners medal or golden boot?

I know what I'd do , you can't show the grandkids championship appearances or place bench apps for Newcastle on your mantel piece

chiefdave

Am I being massively naive to think that if Newcastle allow him back out on loan and we are still competing at the top Armstrong would want to stay to finish what he started perhaps get a winners medal or golden boot?

I would have thought if he was staying out on loan he'd get at least asked for his opinion. He seems to get on well with our lads from what you can tell on social media. If I was in charge of Newcastle's players development I'd be inclined to leave him with a team doing well with a respected manager. A promotion and possibly top scorer will be a big plus on his CV. What's the point of risking him going elsewhere and it not working out.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I would have thought if he was staying out on loan he'd get at least asked for his opinion. He seems to get on well with our lads from what you can tell on social media. If I was in charge of Newcastle's players development I'd be inclined to leave him with a team doing well with a respected manager. A promotion and possibly top scorer will be a big plus on his CV. What's the point of risking him going elsewhere and it not working out.
Just from there point of view he's clearly a level above most players at this level and will want to test him at the next level.

christonabike

Lets be honest 99% of us never heard of him and TM and MV have dug up a gem under everyones noses, 3rd division footie is miles from Premiership and no doubt Championship. If you look at the system we play the ball comes to his feet and suits his style not a lucky ball thrown down the middle.
If he goes I have faith that another gem can be found but Tudguy isnt the answer.
No point in worrying about something you have no control over as my old mate who died whilst driving a milk float into a tree pissed one morning at 4 am used to say.:eek:

Kingokings204

Yes I heard this at the time as well. Durham was slagging us off as usual but yes as one poster said he is just worried. He knows we have a decent side this year. Yes we have loans all league 1 clubs do. He is a knob and worried. Plus we beat them Saturday.

stupot07

We have to keep Armstrong for the rest of the season. Losing him would be a massive blow. There's not guarantee of getting Samuel he was getting game time before getting injured so it's likely reading would only agree a 1 month deal to get fit. I rate him, but he wouldn't score as many goals as Armstrong. The thing about Armstrong is that he will score goals from nothing and long rangers as well as tap ins, a bit like mcgoldrick in that respect that he could score from anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

We have to keep Armstrong for the rest of the season. Losing him would be a massive blow. There's not guarantee of getting Samuel he was getting game time before getting injured so it's likely reading would only agree a 1 month deal to get fit. I rate him, but he wouldn't score as many goals as Armstrong. The thing about Armstrong is that he will score goals from nothing and long rangers as well as tap ins, a bit like mcgoldrick in that respect that he could score from anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Reading are going for promotion this year, can't see Samuel being good enough for a promotion chasing team in the championship imo. They have a lot of talent in attacking positions also Blackman, Ola John, Sa, Piazon, Vydra, Robson-Kanu, Mcleary.

Also may be dependent on Samuel himself, he's 21 years old now. Not a 17/18 year old kid, this is the sort of age he should be looking to establish himself as a first team regular and he may not be content to just play back up to the above players.

Have to see how it pans out but I don't think its completely off the table

pusbccfc

Yeah, we need to move heaven and earth to keep Armstrong because I seriously doubt there's another 30-a-season striker just lying about in the U21 leagues.

I do think Tudgay would score more than usual in this side. He's on about 1 in 5 at the moment, his best ever is 1 in 4 though so probably still not enough.

Murphy is here all season. Kent, though I like him, I wouldn't mind too much if he went back after Maddison is back.

To be fair, I'm equally concerned about the loss of Reda and Willis at the moment.

If you look at Tudgay in 2015 he hasn't done too bad considering his minutes played. Obviously nothing on Armstrong but he has scored 6 in 23 games and in 11 of them games he has played less than 45 minutes.

Sick Boy

Tudgay is a decent player at this level and deserves more credit. Saying that he isn't the answer if Armstrong leaves.

Who is Durham and why does he have such a problem with us?

pusbccfc

I feel Tudgay could step up and score a few more if a lesser striker replaced Armstrong in Jan.

He needs a partner up front.

stupot07

I feel Tudgay could step up and score a few more if a lesser striker replaced Armstrong in Jan.

He needs a partner up front.

The problem is 442 doesn't suit our squad, so if you brought in a striker to play up top with Tudguy, that's going to change the whole dynamic of the side. We've been at our best playing a lone striker in a 4231 variant.

woody11462

Durham is a bit of a bell end, didn't he demand that if we had any credibility we should offer Posh a replay when we beat them at Sixfields because the ball had apparently gone over the line for them when the score was 3-2.

Users who are viewing this thread