Taking the Knee (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's now a half hearted gesture that sometimes lasts only the length of time it takes a footballer to kneel down and get up again. Some players miss it altogether because they're simply too slow.
When black players start to question its value and openly decide not to do it then it sends a message that it's time to stop.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Think 🤔 people are getting mixed up with racism and taking the Knee, it's rediculous.
If you believe taking the Knee will resolve anything, put your hand up, then slap yourself.
I'd like to know what it has actually achieved. Completely unmeasurable . Where it counts is action in the local community, not this. It was fine for a while but because of the nature of it I'm sure many players had had enough after a few months but went through the motions because to do otherwise paints them as something unsavoury. I remember Les Ferdinand calling it absolutely ages ago.

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

I'd like to know what it has actually achieved. Completely unmeasurable . Where it counts is action in the local community, not this. It was fine for a while but because of the nature of it I'm sure many players had had enough after a few months but went through the motions because to do otherwise paints them as something unsavoury. I remember Les Ferdinand calling it absolutely ages ago.
Good point. It lets people who are the target of racism that they have allies, it allows good people to applaud a gesture that is brief but supportive.
whether that is measurable is a moot point but what is probable is that those who are against it are not the ones going to be targeted

Otis

It would be nice if we continued it when everyone else is stopping and then it would be more powerful and valuable, although I do understand its wider concept had to have a natural conclusion at some point.
Think about the paraplegic squad, most of which weren't even able to take the knee even if they wanted to.

D

Deleted member 2477

Wearing a poppy on the shirt has nothing to do with football.

Are you fed up of that as well? I'm guessing not.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread