Takeover (1 Viewer)

Malaka

I wasn't accusing you of being misleading mate, someone posted something along those lines, I wasn't sure if it was you or not.
No problem, I didn't think you were accusing me of anything, things can get misconstrued when written, I thought you were asking a question, I did not feel 'got at' at all

CCFC54321

I think I said that WASP's might welcome the chance to have another investor. They have a bond scheme and are struggling to pay it, maybe they would like a lease that is shared and can pay back some of the money that they borrowed.
However, it would still need some agreement with regard to revenue etc. I think it is an ideal scenario for WASP's, but I don't own them and I'm sure they would want the best deal possible, who wouldn't?
Like I have said, I have reported what people have told me and when I have speculated, I have tried to be upfront about it. If you were misled, I apologise, that was never my intention

Your on the money reg wasps struggling with the bond payments.

I can see financial disaster for wasps in the next couple of years.

wingy

As far as I am aware the club / SISU hasn't made any statement about JR2 as yet? Or did I miss it?
Now don't quote me but I'm pretty sure they have fp.
Seem to recall posts about even more risk around extending the deal.
Myself, I think we're outa there.
Maybe after this season, lower league, dwindling numbers.
I'm sure the vibe of a currently three quarters empty stadium transmits to the pitch.
It feels abject in there now god forbid what it would feel like in August.

covcity4life

Not selling yoingsters is 1 thing but surerly if new owners lined up they would be doing everything to stay up?

I suppose you could say we just dont have recruitment sorted so doijg best we can short term.

Really hope these rumours are true and a change of ownership hsppens that leave us in a good position to make money as a club

shmmeee

As far as I am aware the club / SISU hasn't made any statement about JR2 as yet? Or did I miss it?

I think the club made a statement along the lines of "nothing to do with us guv", but could be wrong.

Edit: Yep, from: Coventry City's owner in new legal row with council - BBC News

In a statement, the club said: "Coventry City FC does not pay any attention to, or concern itself with, off-pitch legal matters.

"The football club is solely concentrated on matters on the pitch, and securing enough points to maintain our League One status beyond the current season."

Skyblueweeman

Your on the money reg wasps struggling with the bond payments.

I can see financial disaster for wasps in the next couple of years.

Not sure they're struggling (unfortunately). Their latest set off accounts shows things heading in the right direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CCFC54321

Not sure they're struggling (unfortunately). Their latest set off accounts shows things heading in the right direction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think wasps next EOY accounts will indicate where they are. I think the numbers won't match up and are favourite journalist mr Reid has already mentioned this in his past reports...

trevelfarandwide

Not selling yoingsters is 1 thing but surerly if new owners lined up they would be doing everything to stay up?

I suppose you could say we just dont have recruitment sorted so doijg best we can short term.

Really hope these rumours are true and a change of ownership hsppens that leave us in a good position to make money as a club

Good point actually, about a potential takeover and SISU throwing everything into survival...they probably have tried, but in true SISU fashion, they've done it half-arsed and botched it by terrible organisational and management methods.

Either that or they're playing it semi-safe in case any potential takeover goes tits up I.E. keeping costs low, retaining player assets to sell in the summer etc.

clint van damme

Good point actually, about a potential takeover and SISU throwing everything into survival...they probably have tried, but in true SISU fashion, they've done it half-arsed and botched it by terrible organisational and management methods.

Either that or they're playing it semi-safe in case any potential takeover goes tits up I.E. keeping costs low, retaining player assets to sell in the summer etc.

surely the price will drop if we're relegated?

Captain Dart

I think wasps next EOY accounts will indicate where they are. I think the numbers won't match up and are favourite journalist mr Reid has already mentioned this in his past reports...

Wishful thinking, Richardson has £10M assets he could use to prop them up if necessary, he has done it before.
In reality they are not really deeply in the shit and they'll just issue another bond to cover repaying the previous one.
Well that's my gut feeling and I think City are in far greater peril.

Sba180

Is there any way certain players, who fees for were resisted in January, could have been siphoned out of the current structure if there were to be another event.
Unlikely I know and can only really think of one.
While we may have been struggling financially the cup boost should just about rectify.
It just seems odd that we didn't cash in the 3-4 players, offers were allegedly made for.
You reckon someone wanted to pay money for that pile of shite??

singers_pore

Wishful thinking, Richardson has £10M assets he could use to prop them up if necessary, he has done it before.
In reality they are not really deeply in the shit and they'll just issue another bond to cover repaying the previous one.
Well that's my gut feeling and I think City are in far greater peril.

Well I know he received £10M from the bond issue but there's no guarantee he still has that money. In fact, I think it is likely he raised money from the bond precisely because he needed the £10M to pay off some of his other debts. I wouldn't be surprised if he is potless.

Users who are viewing this thread