Takeover news. (1 Viewer)

Colonel Mustard

Monks is reporting on what Keys heard from Tim Fisher who was on BBC Coventry & Warwickshire.

In other words, seriously chewed meat as far as news goes. I respect Keys for his prominent support of CCFC all these years, but he really is coming across as a Walter Mitty in relation to the Hoffman stuff.

Walter Shitty in my book.

On the Mev Konks front, I have huge respect for Kev...but lately he has posted some shit stories on the Cov Mad site...he had a story about Histon taking no fans to Wrexham, but it was from 2010...WTF????

Is this another joke about "everything is always announced on a Thursday" or is there really an announcement expected this Thursday?

Joke, mate...I haven't got a clue what is going on, except when I asked Hoffman at Blackpool about the takeover. I asked him where the deal was, as I just couldn't see what any investor was buying. He agreed, saying it was very difficult...which was a great fucking morale boost as I froze my bollocks off in the away end.

Skybluedar

Joke, mate...I haven't got a clue what is going on, except when I asked Hoffman at Blackpool about the takeover. I asked him where the deal was, as I just couldn't see what any investor was buying. He agreed, saying it was very difficult...which was a great fucking morale boost as I froze my bollocks off in the away end.

That is very disheartening, however you have to remember, he hasn't come out and said anything in the press for a reason. There are obviously major confidentiality agreements in place. He is not going to imply a thing to you. If you think about it, saying that "it's very difficult" is him being honest with you and giving nothing away whatsoever. If SISU read in the press that there are reports that Hoffman stated to a fan that there are advanced talks in place, or it's going well and things are looking likely to complete, it could potentially scupper any deal going through. So I wouldn't be reading into that too much.

No, I didn't SBD...and the fact that I was half cut from a day on the lash makes it even less likely that GH would divulge detailed and complicated aspects of a deal to a pissed up twat.

Just tweeted Keys and asked him what he knew and what happened to the 'news in 10 days' BS.....no reply yet.:jerkit:

Skybluedar

No, I didn't SBD...and the fact that I was half cut from a day on the lash makes it even less likely that GH would divulge detailed and complicated aspects of a deal to a pissed up twat.

Just tweeted Keys and asked him what he knew and what happened to the 'news in 10 days' BS.....no reply yet.:jerkit:

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath. My take on it is, that the deal is not going to hinge on us staying in the division, although there may be some aspects of it that will only be put on paper after our league status has been confirmed. I could be wrong but I would assume that the season will finish before we hear what is happening and with the way things are going, we need to focus solely on that. Staying up would be massive this season.

We should change PUSB to SUSB - Stay Up Sky Blues

georgehudson

we wait, we wonder, nay dare to dream,
that sisu realise they are not all that they seem,
perhaps, at last they will own up to their errors,
football is about more than smoke & mirrors.
PUSB

Colonel Mustard

I agree, relegation makes us an even less attractive proposition financially.

You could argue that there's a bit of equilibrium though. For example, the club will be cheaper to acquire as a result of relegation yet still retain its potential (stadium, ACL option, population); the Financial Fair Play rules will kick in next year meaning less investment in the squad will be expected of ownership and, perhaps, more parity when it comes to on-field performances etc.

It'd remain a good buy-low project if they have a proper long-term vision in place.

Otis

This is excellent news.

Hopefully the takeover will be completed by last December.

PhilWasn'tBabb

I'm not interested in anything Hoff or Keys have to say until they've signed Messi for our push for the 1st division play offs :facepalm:

jackmartin

lol since when were u on twitter lol

Delboycov

So this is a thread about Cov Mad repeating something Keys said repeating something Hoffman said repeating something Fisher said...which didn't amount to much news at all. Can't wait for the next thread repeating what someone else says...repeating what Cov Mad said...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread