Takeover complete? (1 Viewer)

Joy Division

But at what point do you stop protesting and accept you lost the fight? The war can continue in other ways that will not affect supporting the players and the team.. Surely you agree we need to get behind the team and support them and the manager to try and do well? Success breeds success and we need to look at things with at least some positivity. Constantly crying in your beer will not change anything. keep you glass half full not half empty Coventrites!

Fair point, a certain degree of acceptance is inevitable in any fight that is lost. You can get behind the team as much as possible but when the manager is not being supplied with the tools to do a job that is expected of the fans he is bound to fail.

intercity

Orange Ken will be getting his training kit made up with KD on his shorts shirt and jacket ready to sit on the bench again :jerkit::(:jerkit::(

Joy Division

you are joking they would asset strip the ricoh as they have the football club we would be worse off then than we are now

This touches on exactly why the club is fucked with SISU in charge. People seem to forget we are owned by a hedge fund, its absolutely mind crushingly crazy to think that a hedge fund owns a football club.

RegTheDonk

Other clubs have had a preffered bidder named and then had to change that to an alternative why would that not apply to us? Surely if the sale to Otium can't be complted the club should be offered to the other parties who were interested not automatically liquidated?

Perhaps this is why Otium have purchased assets from Ltd. What they are, who lnows, but u can be sure if ACL dont agree then the only thing left in Ltd and is liquidated would be the lease. AP Sisu, Otium, slippery gits the lot of them, they will always get the upper hand somehow.

wingy

If ACL wer'nt allowed to make a conditional bid ,how are SISU allowed to buy access to a couple of Rights but leave the lease separate .That doesn't sound right?:thinking about:

Spot on paxman. Unfortunatley there will be negative comparisons to Steven pressley due to your optimism and positivity
But at what point do you stop protesting and accept you lost the fight? The war can continue in other ways that will not affect supporting the players and the team.. Surely you agree we need to get behind the team and support them and the manager to try and do well? Successbreeds success and we need to look at things with at least some positivity. Constantly crying in your beer will not change anything. keep you glass half full not half empty Coventrites!

SkyBlueSwiss

But at what point do you stop protesting and accept you lost the fight? The war can continue in other ways that will not affect supporting the players and the team.. Surely you agree we need to get behind the team and support them and the manager to try and do well? Success breeds success and we need to look at things with at least some positivity. Constantly crying in your beer will not change anything. keep you glass half full not half empty Coventrites!

No, totally do not agree.
You do what you have to do. Me, I think you and the others that accept defeat and therefore accept SISU as owners will truly regret it. We will have to wait and see.

Nonleagueherewecome

What? people getting off their arses and trying to make a stand? Jesus.

Maybe its me being brought up listening to Public Enemy and you being brought up listening the fucking Killers or some shite

Wooooooooooooooooo, PE!!! :D

Wish I could do Glasto, but can't wait to watch their set on TV. At least it won't be raining in my flat..

Nonleagueherewecome

I totally agree Mr Grendel,and I actually gave you a like, you did'nt need to use the juvenile word again though.

We could well become best friends if we carry on like this

Fuck off, he's my best mate and I aint sharing that bromance with anyone. Oh OK, you can have him on Wednesdays. As you seem to have already!

chiefdave

If ACL wer'nt allowed to make a conditional bid ,how are SISU allowed to buy access to a couple of Rights but leave the lease separate .That doesn't sound right?:thinking about:

Whole thing stinks. SISU were the only ones who knew what was in ltd and they've been allowed to cherry pick which bits they want. None of the other bidders even knew for sure what they were buying.

Covcraig@bury

Tough shit. No one wants sisu here but some of us aren't gonna cry like a bunch of drunk women
Get on with it for fecks sake, if not go and support Coventry United
Spot on. Most people on here are in dream land and need to wake up and smell the coffee.

RoboCCFC90

Remember the days when you didn't have to be a financial and legal expert to support city?!

To be honest I have learnt more on this forum over the last three years then I did in school and college put together!

Nonleagueherewecome

To be honest I have learnt more on this forum over the last three years then I did in school and college put together!

So you couldn't count or write before joining SBT?!?!

Joy Division

their backing of thorn last summer and then robins

also they remain resolute in not running away from ccfc

I'd be inclined to disagree, I'd say they helped get a squad together rather than invest in a competitive team

hill83

I'd be inclined to disagree, I'd say they helped get a squad together rather than invest in a competitive team

Whilst I partly agree with you, they did fund a large squad. Obviously it wasn't as competitive as we'd have liked, but they did invest. If they didn't there would have been no players at all, except David Bell of course.

Buster

their backing of thorn last summer and then robins

also they remain resolute in not running away from ccfc

There trapped! Their missmanagement has meant that they have put in about 4 million a year to run the club which is in a far worse position than when they came in ! They must realise now that football and hedge fund atitudes are incompatible. Alas its to late .
Unfortunately the prospective purchasers , who have no real afinity to ccfc , also know this so are playing hardball . At this moment in time Tim Fishers backside must be twitching.

wingy

Whilst I partly agree with you, they did fund a large squad. Obviously it wasn't as competitive as we'd have liked, but they did invest. If they didn't there would have been no players at all, except David Bell of course.

What they actually did was sell two players then give a playing budget in line with FFP ,in other words what they are permitted to do I'd say the fans did their part last year too ,given the last five years and a relegation.Hows the packing going.

Joy Division

Looking at the players who left in the summer of 2012 a large proportion of the wage bill had been slashed, it was merely replacing the wage funding of the already decimated squad of the previous year (Westwood, Gunnarsson, Turner, King)

hill83

What they actually did was sell two players then give a playing budget in line with FFP ,in other words what they are permitted to do I'd say the fans did their part last year too ,given the last five years and a relegation.Hows the packing going.

True, still an investment though.
I'm pretty much done. I'm only moving about 150 metres away. Nice upgrade though.

hill83

Looking at the players who left in the summer of 2012 a large proportion of the wage bill had been slashed, it was merely replacing the wage funding of the already decimated squad of the previous year (Westwood, Gunnarsson, Turner, King)

Techinically you are right. But this isn't magic money that appears from nowhere and the club isn't making any money. They are putting the bare minimum to survive in and it is all going to shit. Money is still being invested.

NorthernWisdom

Techinically you are right. But this isn't magic money that appears from nowhere and the club isn't making any money. They are putting the bare minimum to survive in and it is all going to shit. Money is still being invested.

Also, the wage bill was bumped up by those players being brought into the club anyway.

Arguably the main fault of the owners was doing that and making the wage bill unsustainable in the first place, not cutting it back to what it should always have been.

fernandopartridge

Also, the wage bill was bumped up by those players being brought into the club anyway.

Arguably the main fault of the owners was doing that and making the wage bill unsustainable in the first place, not cutting it back to what it should always have been.

Agreed - previous attempts to trim the squad were then reversed by bringing in new managers and a plethora of crap signings; Coleman, Boothroyd and Thorn, even Robins to a certain extent with some of the pointless loanees.

wingy

It all depends on how serious they are on FFP,last seasons on the basis we didn't get an embargo at least for exceeding the cap suggest a turnover of possibly £6-£6.5M. somewhere around breakeven i'd wager.

This Seasons has been Set at £2M. as there is very little left to sell ,If we're to play somewhere other than here ,Crowds will be half or less of the Ricoh total ,personally I think more like a third.

Ultimately turnover will be £4M. -£5M. @ RICOH or £2-£3M.elsewhere . Meaning Embargo very early into the season ,irrelevant If we're still in admin,or Player trading to exit It.

Sick Boy

I bet you're fucking delighted

Hardly. Unlike the majority on here, I have never once been a fan of SISU.

Just because I don't join in with the hysterics, and because I also think that ACL are as much to blame, doesn't mean I am in any way a fan of SISU.

Users who are viewing this thread