Take over (1 Viewer)

WestEndAgro

If we were to make the "Promised Land" surely we would be a major contender for a huge take over.
Doug may have just bought the golden ticket.

Nick

Administrator
Well yeah there would be a hefty increase on the value as soon as play off money.

skybluetony176

Is there a big history of people rushing to buy a club just because it’s been promoted to the PL? Struggling to think of one, not that I’ve paid much attention to what happens in the PL since our relegation. I can see why it would make the club more valuable and how that would benefit Doug though.

mmttww

I don't think we're an attractive proposition. Training ground is poor for the Championship nevermind the PL, Academy is at a fairly grim sports centre, would arguably be the most likely of the promoted teams to go straight back down.

SBT

I did laugh at MR's comment after Monday's game about Doug King thanking his lucky stars.

The Philosopher

What do we get for reaching playoffs?

Quarter of all ticket sale income across all 4 games is it? Home gates: Sunderland 45k Us & Boro 30k each. Luton 10k? TV money split? 115k fans.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Your bills go through the roof though, annual wage bill for Chelsea was £211 million, Arsenal £100 million and only going north from there, Leeds one of the lowest with £53 million, stadium rental costs will go up. Player well fare and infrastructure will have to go up as you have to invest there, bigger squads of players and staff especially the recruitment side of it, agents fees go higher. Its a massive leap to do it in a sustainable manner and one would think DK would need to get some investment partners. The promotion money would be eaten very quickly, imagine being Leeds owner knowing you have shelled out £53 million in wages, you can see why most of these teams cant afford to come down.

Skyblueweeman

Your bills go through the roof though, annual wage bill for Chelsea was £211 million, Arsenal £100 million and only going north from there, Leeds one of the lowest with £53 million, stadium rental costs will go up. Player well fare and infrastructure will have to go up as you have to invest there, bigger squads of players and staff especially the recruitment side of it, agents fees go higher. Its a massive leap to do it in a sustainable manner and one would think DK would need to get some investment partners. The promotion money would be eaten very quickly, imagine being Leeds owner knowing you have shelled out £53 million in wages, you can see why most of these teams cant afford to come down.

I suspect we'd be nowhere near £53m wage bill in our first year, if we were to go up.

Danceswithhorses

I suspect we'd be nowhere near £53m wage bill in our first year, if we were to go up.
Yeah staying up would be a near impossibility (without spending huge sums).
It might be better to cream off all the best division 1 players (maybe free championship players too), and see how it goes...at least we would be prepared if we were then relegated, and be in a much better financial position for another push.

bigfatronssba

There is still the stadium ownership situation though. I think until that is sorted until something more permanent we're unlikely to see another take over

SkyBlueSam01

Im personally v happy we finally have an owner who clearly cares about us and appears open and honest...

Not sure why it's even crossing peoples minds that we should seek significant change already when its so easy to end up with owners who completely use their club

Matt smith

Yeah staying up would be a near impossibility (without spending huge sums).
It might be better to cream off all the best division 1 players (maybe free championship players too), and see how it goes...at least we would be prepared if we were then relegated, and be in a much better financial position for another push.
Sign the best league one players?

they’re not gonna cut the mustard in the prem are they

CoventryUSA

I don't think Doug or anyone else would spend a fortune to try and survive the drop. So, Cov would be a prime candidate to head right back down. So, you overturn the roster with long-term players that will stick around in the Championship and help fuel the club into reaching yo-yo status before making another push to stay in the PL long term.

However, the broadcast revenues and parachute payments would provide significant sums to fund training ground, academy, scouting, and other club infrastructure improvements to set the club up for the next decade.

Grendel

Where on earth are those figures from. Arsenal is £220 million

Grendel

Leeds is £121 million

no_loyalty

Lowest wage bill is Brentford at £62M.

Speedie's Head

I was reading today that Burnley lost 14 players on relegation and only 4 brought in a fee in return. I guess that was just off-loading the wages

Danceswithhorses

Sign the best league one players?

they’re not gonna cut the mustard in the prem are they
It'd be almost impossible to stay up without massive finance (which we don't/won't have), so prepare for the worst ie relegation, and buy the best up and coming div 1 players we can, with decent Bosman/freebies.
Strengthen the club's finances for future years, and don't spend like twats and risk the club's future.

WestEndAgro

What I'm kind of suggesting, is that Doug may not be in a position to propell the club forward financially, but could potentially sell up and have made a small fortune in a matter of months.

Speedie's Head

What I'm kind of suggesting, is that Doug may not be in a position to propell the club forward financially, but could potentially sell up and have made a small fortune in a matter of months.
He'd be daft not to really, it must have been his plan but it could happen earlier than he'd been anticipating.

skyblu3sk

I agree on this, I don't think Dougs net worth would cut it in the premiership. In the championship it makes sense (just) but to stay up we either need to be very very lucky or invest heavily and hope we get the right players in!

slowpoke

Sisu would be taking us to court for their add ons.
Yep we all know to quote toxic Tim sisu batter people in court, they’ve done a grand job going from a swanky Mayfair office employing over thirty to a comparable hovel somewhere else with a large reduction in staff.
We don’t really know what the Doug King back up is I’m certain he isn’t a lone wolf but I’m not really bothered to be honest, in four months as promised no star names were sold, he got rid of our toxic chairman on day one and sisu 100% gone soon after, he is putting good money into the training ground and room there to expand, got a deal at the cbs and no one or nothing else sharing, a number of players have had contract extensions.
He took the reins with the PL in mind, maybe if it happens this season we are a year early in what he expected, I’m sure he’s no lone wolf but wether or not he will have planned both eventualities spoke at length to MR.
To compare us with the likes of Arsenal or Chelsea wages wise is ridiculous but the Brentford wage bill of £62million is more realistic. Be interesting to know the wage bill of Brighton who buy well and sell big and are a comfortable top ten outfit.

Hutch11

It'd be almost impossible to stay up without massive finance (which we don't/won't have), so prepare for the worst ie relegation, and buy the best up and coming div 1 players we can, with decent Bosman/freebies.
Strengthen the club's finances for future years, and don't spend like twats and risk the club's future.
The trouble with that is you'll get the moronic Robins out brigade when we're bottom of the league with no points after 10 games

Hobo

Agree this idea promotion to Premier League just prints money for you is nonsense. Just look at some of the teams that have come down in recent years. They seem to have increased debts rather than reduce them.

Users who are viewing this thread