Tad worrying (2 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Mowbray has been at the club with 3 games gone. Admittedly not managing the 1st game. However, he has seen enough and recognises we need some experience in, but with his 4th game coming tomorrow still no new faces.

As ever with CCFC, Eilliots clock is ticking again..,

mrtrench

Well I'm sure he could bring in dross very quickly. I'd rather he took a little time and brought in players that maybe are challenging to get on board because they are very good.

SkyBlueScottie

Dont worry, you only have to wait about 10 weeks before he goes, they will promise him everything while on the short term deal, once discussions begin over a long term deal they will advise there is no money, need to cut costs and he will be off.

Sbarcher

Be very careful - tad worrying could easily turn to tad abuse!

chiefdave

Not going to be easy to bring in players of a decent standard at this stage of the season, especially ones who are match fit. It's concerning that Waggot and Pressley thought they had a squad for promotion but in a couple of weeks Mowbray has clearly seen they aren't even good enough to keep us in the league. If Waggot was doing the signing that is a problem that will need to be fixed.

AFCCOVENTRY

Well I take it back...sort of...

We have signed a midfielder but not an experienced one.

Hopefully this kid adds some steel to the midfield.

Evo1883

The lad we signed today is grant ward from Spurs .
A defensive midfielder , played 24 times for chicago fire in the MLS in 2014 ..cant be any worse than zenidine barton

Hobo

Not going to be easy to bring in players of a decent standard at this stage of the season, especially ones who are match fit. It's concerning that Waggot and Pressley thought they had a squad for promotion but in a couple of weeks Mowbray has clearly seen they aren't even good enough to keep us in the league. If Waggot was doing the signing that is a problem that will need to be fixed.

Yes, and a lot of Pressleys critics thought we had a squad good enough for the top six and that is why they thought he was under performing.

Out of interest can you show me a Pressley quote where he said we had a squad fit for promotion? Because I think I missed it if he said it?

chiefdave

Yes, and a lot of Pressleys critics thought we had a squad good enough for the top six and that is why they thought he was under performing.

Out of interest can you show me a Pressley quote where he said we had a squad fit for promotion? Because I think I missed it if he said it?

Fans forum a few weeks into the season he made it very clear the players in and out were his decision, or so he claimed, and that he expected promotion this season. It might be on the CWR site somewhere if you feel the need to listen to it.

Hobo

Fans forum a few weeks into the season he made it very clear the players in and out were his decision, or so he claimed, and that he expected promotion this season. It might be on the CWR site somewhere if you feel the need to listen to it.

Fair enough. That's probably why I missed it, never pay much attention to pre/early season hype. all teams fancy their chances. I make my own assessment 6-8 games in. Personally I don't think we have ever shown anythink anywhere near top six ability this season.

Sky Blue Harry H

The lad we signed today is grant ward from Spurs .
A defensive midfielder , played 24 times for chicago fire in the MLS in 2014 ..cant be any worse than zenidine barton

Do you mean Zinedine, or Joey (or maybe special agent Dick - that's his name, not an insult?!):eek:

Users who are viewing this thread