Tactics (Jones) (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Players usually are good from the start of their career, they dont become better as time goes by, thats why we are a poor side, its called fucking Talented.
Someone forgot to give Jamie Vardy, etc the Memo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I said after the Pompey game, when he tore them to pieces second half, that within 10 games people would turn on him. It took a bit longer than that, but it is starting to happen.

He is the sort of player City fans don't take to. We had the same sort of conversations last season about Murphy and Kent. People trotting out the 'no end product' bollocks.

He has only just turned 19. He is clearly raw, but has also shown on a few occasions that he has the ability to turn a game on its head. Wycombe the other week being an example.

He'll has a big future in the game, but sadly it probably won't be here.

I'd also try him on the left.
He set up one or two chances on Tuesday night, he immediately occupied 2 players as they sought to double up on him. This gave Lameiras space inside then.

rupert_bear

With better players around him and playing tobether on a regular basis Jones would be a real asset and could be a star, he is not ready yet to be a "main" man but is a prospect. How many different forward combinations has he had to play alongside and how many of those are first name on the team sheet material, I would say none.

Gint11

I think Jones is good enough to make the starting 11 but his end product is a 'work in progress' and needs development. Personally I am still a fan of 4-4-2 with fast wingers beating the left/right back and swinging crosses in. (You may think I'm still in the dark ages) but you need the right forwards to make that worthwhile. There is no point have Jones left and Lamerais right swinging into nobody in the box. Sordell is having to drop deep to get involved and to hold the ball up. Pick a team like Bradford say, with a Hanson always in the box makes this work. Again, a proper manager will know this.

stupot07

i just checked his season record so far, check it out
Thats irrelevant. You said players don't improve with age, vardy is a better player now than be was 8-10 years ago playing none league. Vardy is now an england international playing champions league football.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Ok he's the bees knees i agree he'll be a legend, people will talk about him long after he's gone, i was wrong i've never seen a player come on so much from his humble beginings

Erm, you said players don't get any better as time goes on.

That was 1 example that they do.

Not sure what you are going on about now though?

Nick

Administrator
Yes you are right he has come on from his humble beginnings, i hold my hands up i was wrong, we'll all be saying long into the future what a Legend he was,a regular international , World cup winner and lifting the European cup for Leicester, as a Foxes supporter i'll be pleased

You didn't mention legends and world cup winners, you just said players don't get better as their careers go on.

NortonSkyBlue

Players usually are good from the start of their career, they dont become better as time goes by, thats why we are a poor side, its called fucking Talented.
Players peak and trough at various times of their careers, thats a fact, its caused by lack of fitness, injuries, lack of confidence and being in a poor team. Good players spend more time at a peak and lesser players in the trough. That is why they are DIV 3 players.

4waspsting

Players peak and trough at various times of their careers, thats a fact, its caused by lack of fitness, injuries, lack of confidence and being in a poor team. Good players spend more time at a peak and lesser players in the trough. That is why they are DIV 3 players.
Thanks for the explanation

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Jones isn't good enough to be in a half decent League 1 starting XI in my opinion.

Of course players generally do get better the more they progress, but it speaks volumes of our squad if he is one of our starting players. A good indicator of that is Bigi too. Whilst there is no doubt he is probably one of the best (if not the best) players for us this season, I doubt he would have even been top 5 last year or close.

Users who are viewing this thread