Tactics For Leeds (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

For those who were critical of Mark Robins tactical strategy for last week’s game at Leeds, look no further than the Leeds v Ipswich match today to see what could have easily happened to us had he set up differently.
IMHO we are very lucky to have such a tactically astute manager.

MalcSB

For those who were critical of Mark Robins tactical strategy for last week’s game at Leeds, look no further than the Leeds v Ipswich match today to see what could have easily happened to us had he set up differently.
This

clint van damme

Just listening to Michael Bridges talking about Leeds game today and he said they much prefer playing teams who go up there and have a go and how they've put teams who try it to the sword.

Robins was spot on.

hamertime

Bollocks. Ipswich are second as they have had the guts to go for every team they have played this season fearing no one. Look where it has got them. They have come up from league one and not been fazed by anyone. We were gutless last week.

Brylowes

Bollocks. Ipswich are second as they have had the guts to go for every team they have played this season fearing no one. Look where it has got them. They have come up from league one and not been fazed by anyone. We were gutless last week.
So no doubt if MR had gone all out to beat Leeds and we came away on the wrong end of a 4 v 0 spanking, you’d have been on here praising his bravery 🙄
Unlike a minority of our fans MR, can’t be accused of one dimensional thinking 🤔 thankfully.

hamertime

So no doubt if MR had gone all out to beat Leeds and we came away on the wrong end of a 4 v 0 spanking, you’d have been on here praising his bravery 🙄
Unlike a minority of our fans MR, can’t be accused of one dimensional thinking 🤔 thankfully.
My point is you shouldn’t be scared of anymore in the Championship, they are not Real Madrid. The mentality of it is weak, it’s also a bad example of you to use as Ipswich are second by having this mentality. It was a lucky draw at Leeds, we were also pretty lucky today. His signings have been terrible and his tactics and substitutions on the whole have been terrible. He deserves a statue yes but I don’t think he’s the man to take it to the next level. Look where we are in the league after millions spend and record crowds.

bigfatronssba

My point is you shouldn’t be scared of anymore in the Championship, they are not Real Madrid. The mentality of it is weak, it’s also a bad example of you to use as Ipswich are second by having this mentality. It was a lucky draw at Leeds, we were also pretty lucky today. His signings have been terrible and his tactics and substitutions on the whole have been terrible. He deserves a statue yes but I don’t think he’s the man to take it to the next level. Look where we are in the league after millions spend and record crowds.

Were the same as where we were this time last year, in a much more competitive division

skyblueelephant76

We weren't scared of Leeds, we respected the dangers they pose and set up accordingly. And there was nothing weak in the mentality of how they carried out the game plan.

We rode our luck at times but we've had plenty of games this season where we've played well and got nothing.

The new players are starting to gel now. Simms still has something to prove but none of the other signings are terrible.

We're 6 points off the play-offs and only lost one in eight. You need to be careful what you wish for.

bigfatronssba

Robins doesn’t always get it right, but when he does he gets it spot on.

I remember at the end of the play off semi final the commentators referring to his tactics as a “masterclass of knockout football”

Brylowes

Robins doesn’t always get it right, but when he does he gets it spot on.

I remember at the end of the play off semi final the commentators referring to his tactics as a “masterclass of knockout football”
He gets it right more often than not, Klopp, Pep, even Fergie got it wrong sometimes, we are so lucky to have this guy in charge.
Without him ‘everything that’s currently good at this football club would not be happening.

I was born in 1969 and been supporting since about 1975, this fella has kept us moving upwards ever since he’s been here, he’s a fooking legend and I really can’t understand when people doubt him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread