Switzerland (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

Staying in Geneva. Getting the supporters coach to Basel. Playing in the fans game against the Swiss later at FC Basel's training complex before to big one. Loads of Sky Blues out here. Locals have been very hospitable. Went to a pub last night called the Lady Godiva. Stunning place.

Covstu

Have a good one! I am really not motivated to watch the game but I am sure I will!

Otis

I'm very motivated to watch the game, it's England!!

Looking for a positive performance though rather than a cagey one tonight.

Covstu

I wish i was to be honest Otis and hopefully tonights game will reignite that passion. Just think we are a lost cause at present!

Saying that i would take a draw tonight.

Covstu

I know I didn't realise he was on the pitch!! Sterling is a frustrating player isn't he!!

SlowerThanPlatt

This is where England have got to be brave and get on the ball and pick them off, not just retreat and kick it away.

wingy

The players are walking a tightrope in trying to avoid injury ,the way there Swiss are throwing themselves In .

The Ref Is very soft.

Otis

Nay bad that.

A win away in a qualifying game, where we were the underdogs, against a side ranked 10th in the world, who haven't lost a home game for 4 years.

No doubt some will knock England tonight, but that is a great result. Thought we deserved to win despite only playing well in patches.

CJ_covblaze

We're finally on the coach back to Geneva. Looked like it wasn't coming for a while. Some very interesting chants tonight. The FA better be listening.

LastGarrison

Fair play CJ.

Was in Geneva for England v Argentina back in 2005 and it is a lovely city. The main English bar was Mr Pickwicks and there was loads of Cov over then then too.

What were the chants? Heard all the loyal support ones but couldn't really make out some of the others.

Otis

Fair play CJ.

Was in Geneva for England v Argentina back in 2005 and it is a lovely city. The main English bar was Mr Pickwicks and there was loads of Cov over then then too.

What were the chants? Heard all the loyal support ones but couldn't really make out some of the others.

Unless my ears are failing me it was something about dancing otters in tutu's.

Brighton Sky Blue

Nay bad that.

A win away in a qualifying game, where we were the underdogs, against a side ranked 10th in the world, who haven't lost a home game for 4 years.

No doubt some will knock England tonight, but that is a great result. Thought we deserved to win despite only playing well in patches.

They looked like they wanted it and after scoring they looked like they believed in themselves. Norway friendly was tedious watching at times but what a way for Hodgson to come back at the critics.

Covstu

cracking result last night and a decent battling performance. Feeling more positive about England again now!! :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Nay bad that.

Good win considering where we are as a football nation, didn't really see anything though to suggest we have progressed from the world cup.

Otis

Good win considering where we are as a football nation, didn't really see anything though to suggest we have progressed from the world cup.

No, we probably haven't, but we keep unperforming in major tournaments. For me there is no way Switzerland are a better team than England, but our ranking is lower because everytime we play in a major compeition we fail to turn up.

Don't think anything has changed, we just played how we know we can play on Monday. If we played to our potential in major tournaments I don't believe we would win them of course, but would certainly put in a much more decent showing.

Still lots of work to do to make us any sort of force to be reckoned with.

Covstu

Not sure about that, I would agree in terms of quality but I seen a different approach in respect to mentality. We would have normally sat back for those last ten minutes and probably conceded in the end whereas we come out and attacked on the break which is something I have not see in an England side for a while. Players like Sterling are key to the future of an exciting England team

Otis

Not sure about that, I would agree in terms of quality but I seen a different approach in respect to mentality. We would have normally sat back for those last ten minutes and probably conceded in the end whereas we come out and attacked on the break which is something I have not see in an England side for a while. Players like Sterling are key to the future of an exciting England team

We always had that in our locker haven't we, but as you say, at least the approach was a little different. I have no idea why we sit back and try to defend a lead when we have proved we are a good team on the break and can threaten more.

CJ_covblaze

Fair play CJ.

F*** the FA, F*** the FA, F*** the FA, F*** the FA...

2 caps for Wembley you're having a laugh...

One cap, we've only come for one cap...

Loyal supporters, we're treated like s***...

You can shove your f****** Wembley up your arse...

Pretty much all aimed at the FA changing it from 1 cap (loyalty points) for home and 2 for away to the opposite. Or in other words the 15-20 quid to get in at Wembley is worth twice the amount of caps than the money we spend on flights, hotels and tickets abroad. We feel like they don't care about us loyal fans. They want to fill the place full of t**ts in half/half scarves and jester hats with their face painted who'll start a bloody Mexican Wave.

Another couple were:

Cheer up Gordan Strachan, oh what can it be...

We're all voting yes, we're all voting yes. F*** off Scotland, we're all voting yes...

Last edited:

LastGarrison

Anything to try and claw back some of their losses on building Wembley sadly.

Just shows how out of touch the FA are with the fans. Fuck em.

Been meaning to get back out to another England away for ages now but looks like I'm jumping on the bandwagon with thousands of others and doing the trip to France '16 (If we get there).

Fair play for following them all over mate, really is a top crack!!

CJ_covblaze

Anything to try and claw back some of their losses on building Wembley sadly.

Just shows how out of touch the FA are with the fans. Fuck em.

Been meaning to get back out to another England away for ages now but looks like I'm jumping on the bandwagon with thousands of others and doing the trip to France '16 (If we get there).

Fair play for following them all over mate, really is a top crack!!

When were you a member? Best thing I ever did was get my membership. I think these people that are saying "Yeah I'm definitely going to France. Might go to a few home games before hand" are going to get a big shock. If they've got no caps now they might as well forget it.

LastGarrison

Never been a member mate but had a few mates that were so used their tickets for a couple of matches when they didn't go so I got a ticket at face value and they got the caps.

Doesn't bother me about getting tickets for the matches beforehand it is just about being out in France for it. Was out in Germany in '06 and didn't go to a match (although if I would have gone the ground with one lad instead of heading to the nearest boozers with the others I could have seen the Ecuador game for 80 euros!!!) just about going and having the crack, being on the piss and soaking up the atmosphere. If I manage to get a reasonably priced ticket when there then would be a bonus.

CJ_covblaze

Never been a member mate but had a few mates that were so used their tickets for a couple of matches when they didn't go so I got a ticket at face value and they got the caps.

Doesn't bother me about getting tickets for the matches beforehand it is just about being out in France for it. Was out in Germany in '06 and didn't go to a match (although if I would have gone the ground with one lad instead of heading to the nearest boozers with the others I could have seen the Ecuador game for 80 euros!!!) just about going and having the crack, being on the piss and soaking up the atmosphere. If I manage to get a reasonably priced ticket when there then would be a bonus.

A lot of my mates are going for the same reason. Should be a great tourney. Easy to get to for day trips too.

Hahaha, very good. Don't think I'd get away singing that one here :p Any chance of getting to the Scotland friendly in a few months?

I've got my tickets. We've got our songs ready for Celtic Park. Had them ready for years in fact.

Users who are viewing this thread