Swiss Ramble - Twitter (3 Viewers)

Grendel

For those that use Twitter there’s an excellent thread about CCFC finances.

Easy to digest and has good comparison figures to other clubs.

The handle is @swissramble and the thread today.

I think the analysis from OSB is superior thanks though

Evo1883

FOWw2nXWQAM8h5X.jpeg

We overachived last season then , and probably this season too ..Luton doing extremely well this year as id imagine the wage bill isn't too much more

You'd have to say the management of Derby, brum and brizzle City is just flat out poor isn't it

Briles

Great thread. Really shows the job Robins has done, but also highlights our issues regarding debt owed to owners.

Although in comparison to others it's not actually too much. Am I right in thinking it's the same amount as when they took over?

KenilworthSkyBlue

Price of Football is another good Twitter page that analyses football finance.

The chap that heads it up, Kieran Maguire, has a podcast on Spotify by the same name which is worth a listen if anyone is interested in that aspect of the game.

Offers some pretty comprehensive insights.

fernandopartridge

The chap that heads it up, Kieran Maguire, has a podcast on Spotify by the same name which is worth a listen if anyone is interested in that aspect of the game.

He got some analysis of CCFC completely wrong a few years ago so I don't bother looking at his stuff any more

Grendel

Isn't he the bloke who said we owed Sisu £100m?

Grendel

View attachment 24217

We overachived last season then , and probably this season too ..Luton doing extremely well this year as id imagine the wage bill isn't too much more

You'd have to say the management of Derby, brum and brizzle City is just flat out poor isn't it

this just shows other than relegated premier league clubs there is a big disconnect between league position and wage bills

torchomatic

Great thread and one I can finally understand. I never bother with OSBs as it may as well be in a foreign language.

Grendel

Grendel

Derby and Swansea finished in the playoffs in the seasons the graphic shows. Cardiff finished 8th. So I'd suggest yes they do.

so they’ve slashed the wage bill this season by how much? Also comparing different years is a bit odd as an accountant and financial guru yourself wouldn’t you say?

Grendel

Derby and Swansea finished in the playoffs in the seasons the graphic shows. Cardiff finished 8th. So I'd suggest yes they do.

where are Cardiff now?

Ccfcisparks

so they’ve slashed the wage bill this season by how much? Also comparing different years is a bit odd as an accountant and financial guru yourself wouldn’t you say?
Not sure, have you got the figures for me?

Of course its not optimal but we are discussing the graphic are we not that has different years on it?

Grendel

Not sure, have you got the figures for me?

Of course its not optimal but we are discussing the graphic are we not that has different years on it?

£30 million oddly it’s in the published accounts

As an accountant do you believe different years is acceptable analysis - I’m a humble underling so wiukd be grateful for your opinion - it took 5 seconds to find their wage bill

Grendel

Didn't realise their accounts were out for this season

they are not but as an accountant do you believe their wages are below 13 million this season - I’m going to offer a wager

up for it

Grendel

Obviously not, but it would be useful to compare to other wages in the league to see where they rank on wages this year.

Whats the other major factor that formulates A budget - it’s sort of mentioned in the analysis but not really.

Ccfcisparks

they are not but as an accountant do you believe their wages are below 13 million this season - I’m going to offer a wager

up for it
A wager haha, I'm not even suggesting their wage budget is below 13m.

you suggested that the graphic pointed wages do not equal league position, i proved it didnt.

You now offering a wager on something i never suggested.

You remind me of Finchy off the office saying that throwing the shoe over the pub was the "Real quiz"

• Haha
Reactions: SBT

Grendel

A wager haha, I'm not even suggesting their wage budget is below 13m.

you suggested that the graphic pointed wages do not equal league position, i proved it didnt.

You now offering a wager on something i never suggested.

You remind me of Finchy off the office saying that throwing the shoe over the pub was the "Real quiz"

well it doesn’t as we are not in the same league as some of those teams. The teams I’ve mentioned would also have to have had a significant wage reversal this season - some have premiership wages I assume quoted as well

it’s accountancy for dummies - genuinely are you a full qualified accountant working in a practice? If so would you when comparing a client of yours to another business would you produce a lovely bar chart with different years accounts?

fernandopartridge

well it doesn’t as we are not in the same league as some of those teams. The teams I’ve mentioned would also have to have had a significant wage reversal this season - some have premiership wages I assume quoted as well

it’s accountancy for dummies - genuinely are you a full qualified accountant working in a practice? If so would you when comparing a client of yours to another business would you produce a lovely bar chart with different years accounts?
Some of the charts are a bit weird, not sure why the matchday revenue compares incomparable years, e.g. 20/21 vs any other

Users who are viewing this thread