Swindon (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

So next away game - Swindon. Important game, need to be reeling the teams above us in.

Do people think we'll take many to this or will it be too close to christmas for many?

What's the journey like from Coventry to Swindon, it says 85 miles on Google, pretty close really??

Our initital alloction is 1,500 but with more to follow if the demand is there.

The Dorset Sky Blues will be there.

PUSB

RFC

Next important League game at home to Crewe, hope to see more of you there ( so do Steven & the Lads ) well so I believe. PUSB!

SonOfSnoz

One things for sure, if we ever return to Ricoh, SP's young guns can handle it!
It's not the pre season lack of atmosphere at Sixfields that makes the young team play well, as proven yesterday!

ccfc92

One things for sure, if we ever return to Ricoh, SP's young guns can handle it!
It's not the pre season lack of atmosphere at Sixfields that makes the young team play well, as proven yesterday!

very good point. the sixfields attendees can no longer use this to justify the move now

Well fucking shoot me for forgetting to put 'league' in my first sentence

What I'm getting at is that we should be talking about the next upcoming game. We built up the MK dons game a month in advance getting excited about it forgetting about the games in between and look at the results of those matches.

The Hartlepool game is somewhere in the region of 1/1000th as important as Swindon. Give or take.

I agree that the Swindon game is more important. However, a thrashing against Hartlepool may shatter our confidence and result in a loss v swindon. We need to get back into our previous form and this can be continued on Saturday if we give hartlepool a good beating.

ecky

So next away game - Swindon. Important game, need to be reeling the teams above us in.

Do people think we'll take many to this or will it be too close to christmas for many?

What's the journey like from Coventry to Swindon, it says 85 miles on Google, pretty close really??

No less than that about 67 down the fosse, stow on the wold that way, £25 a ticket
Our initital alloction is 1,500 but with more to follow if the demand is there.

The Dorset Sky Blues will be there.

PUSB

Gint11

Couldn't care less about cups this year, all about the league, we have a small squad remember. I was there yesterday but you won't see me at Sixfields. I'm not supporting NOPM but it is just not right we are playing out of Coventry.

letsallsingtogether

And grendel said when have we ever come back to win when the crowd has roared them on.......I rest my case:D

M&B Stand

Couldn't care less about cups this year, all about the league, we have a small squad remember. I was there yesterday but you won't see me at Sixfields. I'm not supporting NOPM but it is just not right we are playing out of Coventry.

This.
Normally love the FA Cup, couldn't care less this year.
Swindon will be my next game, the 1500 will sell out before the Crewe game and they'll have to send us more.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
The 1500 will be in the corner of the stand at the side, once they're gone, we'll have the stand at the end (uncovered former terrace, but prob holds 3k?). I remember being there for the Cup game a few years back and will be there again.

87mint

tickets for both the uncovered terrace and the seated area are on sale - i'm wondering which part to go in. Been there before and if it rains the uncovered terrace is bleak, plus it is basically impossible to make any serious noise. Obviously seats are a bit lame but being dry is nice....

shmmeee

Considering this one if I can convince my Dad. I have a feeling that family Christmas commitments might get in the way for one or both of us though.

CCFC88

So you wouldnt go if we got through and drew Villa away? I agree league is the most important thing this year more than any in the past most probably, but a giant killing and a big away following can only be good for confidence.

A defeat away at a league 2 team could be extremelly detremental, especially this close to a packed xmas period, the momentum from the 2nd half at MK must be built upon and continued.

A lot of people said that they felt the performance at AFC wimbledon triggered a run of 1 point from 3 games, I agree.

skybluelee

So you wouldnt go if we got through and drew Villa away? I agree league is the most important thing this year more than any in the past most probably, but a giant killing and a big away following can only be good for confidence.

A defeat away at a league 2 team could be extremelly detremental, especially this close to a packed xmas period, the momentum from the 2nd half at MK must be built upon and continued.

A lot of people said that they felt the performance at AFC wimbledon triggered a run of 1 point from 3 games, I agree.

How about on the flip side, if we had lost at Wimbledon we'd now have a full two weeks for our small squad to get ready for two big league games v Crewe and Swindon?

Don't confuse this with me wanting us to lose btw, just pointing out that the cup (which we can't win) is a potential distraction/chance to pick up injuries from a competition that we can (well, play-offs).

CCFC88

I only want to play Villa again when we deserve to.

Fair enough, but any city fan that says they wouldnt want to watch us away at villa park, if only as a welcome distraction from away trips to places like crawley and oldham are cuckoo.

You wouldnt go if we got them in the 3rd round?

CCFC88

How about on the flip side, if we had lost at Wimbledon we'd now have a full two weeks for our small squad to get ready for two big league games v Crewe and Swindon?

Don't confuse this with me wanting us to lose btw, just pointing out that the cup (which we can't win) is a potential distraction/chance to pick up injuries from a competition that we can (well, play-offs).

What difference does it make wether we can win it or not? We couldnt wn it last season when we took thousands to WHL or the Laegue cup at the Emirates.

We have to play in it, we dont have a squad to put out a reserve/youth team so we should all be behind the lads, getting as many city fans up there as possible to help them get a positive result. Losing away at hartlepool is vbound to have a negative effect on two big league games v Crewe and Swindon.

M&B Stand

"A lot of people said that they felt the performance at AFC wimbledon triggered a run of 1 point from 3 games, I agree."

I think conceding with 15 seconds left at Bradford had more to do with it.
A win Saturday would be a nice bonus, but should we get beat I wont lose any sleep. Desperate to batter Crewe the week after and get 3 points. We owe them one.

covcity4life

i am still holding on to the pipe dream that 3rd round tie at home to man utd will get us back to the ricoh

i can dream right?!

Kingokings204

i am still holding on to the pipe dream that 3rd round tie at home to man utd will get us back to the ricoh

i can dream right?!

Unfortunetly this wouldn't work either.

I assure you Coventry playing in the champions league we would still be at sixfields. Im not joking.

Mexico70

Contrary to what's on the club website.
The cheaper tickets for the uncovered end - Stratton Bank are not yet on general sale. Went to the club shop today but they said Swindon have not yet allocated any tickets for sale in this end. They couldn't confirm when they would be available - they suggested I check the website, I replied I have and they are. REPEAT conversation until lose the will to live and leave shop.

Kingokings204

I will be there plus 1. So that's 10 of us I make it.:claping hands:

Users who are viewing this thread