Match Thread Swindon v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 6th Aug (15:00 Kick Off) (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

City fans are a proper joke. Go all over Twitter talking about how amazing our fanbase is for taking 2'000 to the first game of the season, then barely get behind the team and then as soon as we lose get on the players backs on here and on social media. Get a grip lads. We're a work in progress. We didn't play that badly today, just need to work on putting chances away and were unfortunate with Jones having to go off. If we're still playing like this when the squad has finally taken shape I'll be worried. Anyway, Shrewsbury at home next. Probably only around 10k will turn up because that's what happens to the "best fans in the league" when we lose one game. Hopefully a few more in before then.
Best fans in the league o_O there's a stronger argument for saying worst fans in the league.

skyblue1991

Very poor performance. Swindon are also garbage.

Kye Spence looked like he had some quality and Jones was lively. That was pretty much it.

I'm sure we are not the finished article but it's clear we need bodies in.

We need to strengthen very quickly.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Close call SW...I do think that Thomas is a half decent player in the making but his finishing is dreadful...maybe thats confidence or maybe he just won't cut it

Nick

Administrator
Very poor performance. Swindon are also garbage.

Kye Spence looked like he had some quality and Jones was lively. That was pretty much it.

I'm sure we are not the finished article but it's clear we need bodies in.

We need to strengthen very quickly.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Kyle Spence didn't play did he?

BackRoomRummermill

They were on the back of a double relegation with a new squad full of expensive new players, 13 of which they paid fees for. Yes we both lost but the comparison is ridiculous when you look at the context for both teams. It's nothing against this team they have my full support but it's the manager's transfer policy that has left us in this weakened state and when we're on 2 points at the end of August, maybe people will realise how poor the transfer policy has been in this preseason.

Last season we won zero pre season hmmmmm what do you think about that ?

All I am saying its a long haul , yes if we lose our first 4 games than I agree but we lost away on the 1st day of the season , in two weeks we could be top 6 so relax

That message to you all who need it btw

FRY-CCFC

Thought the back 3 did well but Kelly-Evans and Haynes (Who is fucking shit) offered nothing in the forms of an outlet. Rose and Gadzhev were steady. Jones is class, Thomas and Sordell meh.

Poor defending for their goal but really should've been a 0-0.

Skyblueweeman

#meltdown. I'm off for some beers. Thinking of going to the Pompey game as I'm in the Midlands for a couple of days with work next week. See some of you cheeky scamps then (even though I know none of you). Happy Saturday night folkers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

3 points behind top of the league.

So, will you admit or not, by having a weaker squad now, and taking (too much) time in the transfer window, our chances of promotion are therefore harder?

That's not a question any of us can answer now, i don't get why you can't understand that?

It's a risk of course, it's a trade off. Mowbray could have got players in at the start of the window but just not as good quality as he wanted obviously. He's missed out on a few, and he's probably still holding out for a few.

If he gets 4 unbelievable loans in by the end of august and signs 2 free agents that he's been hanging out for, and then we average over 2 points a game from end of august onwards and smash the league and finish top...did he make our chances of promotion harder? No he did not.

If the team doesn't drastically improve and we struggle and end up with a shit season and don't get anywhere near the playoffs...the answer is yes he probably did. But even then we don't know what was on the table at the beginning of the window?

Anyone who can't understand that we don't yet know if the risk is worth it is retarded.

Esoterica

City fans are a proper joke. Go all over Twitter talking about how amazing our fanbase is for taking 2'000 to the first game of the season, then barely get behind the team and then as soon as we lose get on the players backs on here and on social media. Get a grip lads. We're a work in progress. We didn't play that badly today, just need to work on putting chances away and were unfortunate with Jones having to go off. If we're still playing like this when the squad has finally taken shape I'll be worried. Anyway, Shrewsbury at home next. Probably only around 10k will turn up because that's what happens to the "best fans in the league" when we lose one game. Hopefully a few more in before then.

Haven't really seen anyone getting on the players backs. Proud of the kids today but they shouldn't have been playing. Yes we didn't play that badly but Swindon are dire. And that's the point, why are we a work in progress? 2nd season of a manager's reign and the squad is worse than it worse 12 months ago. Is it rectifiable? Yes. Will it be rectified? Probably. And in the mean team we're giving precious points away which if we've any desire for promotion we can't afford to do.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Close call SW...I do think that Thomas is a half decent player in the making but his finishing is dreadful...maybe thats confidence or maybe he just won't cut it

I agree, I like Thomas. If only he could have learnt how to finish especially one v one from Murphy. He has similar chances Murphy used to gets into but isn't half as clinical

James Smith

Well hopefully that isn't a preview of what's to come this season as we can't keep chucking games away at the death.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
#meltdown. I'm off for some beers. Thinking of going to the Pompey game as I'm in the Midlands for a couple of days with work next week. See some of you cheeky scamps then (even though I know none of you). Happy Saturday night folkers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look out for me on my phone for 90 minutes. That's how people spot me apparently :)

Block 22 if your near by!

Nick

Administrator
What was the relevance during Juggy's call of Stuart asking 'do you remember Leonard Brody, ex director of SISU?' As he was the ground, and when Juggy asked him why, he said 'I don't know'.

Most pointless conversation live on radio ever!

Start some rumours off

Gaz

Does anyone know how to get a refund from text a sub?

I was texting for Tudguy to come on from the 50mim but nothing happened

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

That's not a question any of us can answer now, i don't get why you can't understand that?

It's a risk of course, it's a trade off. Mowbray could have got players in at the start of the window but just not as good quality as he wanted obviously. He's missed out on a few, and he's probably still holding out for a few.

If he gets 4 unbelievable loans in by the end of august and signs 2 free agents that he's been hanging out for, and then we average over 2 points a game from end of august onwards and smash the league and finish top...did he make our chances of promotion harder? No he did not.

If the team doesn't drastically improve and we struggle and end up with a shit season and don't get anywhere near the playoffs...the answer is yes he probably did. But even then we don't know what was on the table at the beginning of the window?

Anyone who can't understand that we don't yet know if the risk is worth it is retarded.

So what you're saying is it might be a risk, but it depends on how the rest of the season turns out and what players we bring in?

I've effectively said the same thing, so I don't know why you have to dismiss all my comments?

Regardless of what players we bring in, regardless of where we finish, the job is harder if we write off the first few games. That's comprehendible fact.

As TM has admitted missing multiple targets, has admitted that this was not what he wished to be so unprepared, why can't you see that this wasn't the master plan? It's just the way things have fallen. He's not panicking though and biding his time to get better players, which is alright, but obviously not ideal currently as we can drop points.

We are where we are, we may well do well, and I hope so, but we have more points to catch up. If the manager had targets he lost, he should have had others lined up, it's his job. That's literally all I'm saying, so I don't know why throwing around 'retarded' is supposed to be ok?

Shake_and_McPake

Facebook User
"Frustrating, of course it is. Missed opportunity for us. It was okay, opening day of the season. Need to be ruthless final third. Don't take chances, won't win. Controlled the game, ball retention good. They're a good team. They scored a good goal. Marvin was forced off due to yellow card. Working hard to bring players in. Good chance to bounce back on Tuesday. We want to win every game, will be strong on Tuesday. Every week we have an ex player against us, it doesn't matter to me. Looked like a draw, but a good finish for them settled the game."

Mowbray comments. Hmm. Reeks of frustration, seems gutted.

Terry Gibson's perm

TM-

Score frustrating

Missed opportunities all afternoon

Need to be more ruthless

(Radio cuts out. Sorry).

Should say need better finishers I don't think George thomas could finish his dinner .

Nick

Administrator
So what you're saying is it might be a risk, but it depends on how the rest of the season turns out and what players we bring in?

I've effectively said the same thing, so I don't know why you have to dismiss all my comments?

Regardless of what players we bring in, regardless of where we finish, the job is harder if we write off the first few games. That's comprehendible fact.

As TM has admitted missing multiple targets, has admitted that this was not what he wished to be so unprepared, why can't you see that this wasn't the master plan? It's just the way things have fallen. He's not panicking though and biding his time to get better players, which is alright, but obviously not ideal currently as we can drop points.

We are where we are, we may well do well, and I hope so, but we have more points to catch up. If the manager had targets he lost, he should have had others lined up, it's his job. That's literally all I'm saying, so I don't know why throwing around 'retarded' is supposed to be ok?

It isn't ideal about the targets, but surely it depends who is targets were and if they were realistic? That way it could be an issue with the scouting rather than the budget?

Don't get me wrong, we don't have a Sheffield United budget but was there much point in going after players on 20k a week at other clubs and wondering why they go to Championship teams?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Playing against a good footballing team whose football is ruthless

Disappointment for team and supporters

If don't take chances can't win matches

Team played fine. Controlled game. Played well out of possession

Swindon allowed to have ball at the back and not pressing high

Didn't take chances and that's the disappointment

Team played as I thought it would be played out

We'd have won if we'd scored first

Lost 1-0 to a good goal

Ahem.......

There you go. Don't know what else you want me to say

Thought top players worked hard. Strikers worked extraordinarily hard

Bring people off bench who were hungry

Sordell sub was forced due to booking

Make sure we didn't play remainder with 10 men

If we lose against Pompey (not sure I like that mentality.....)

Demands of games in short space of time need to make sure we have a squad to cope with it

Taking cup seriously

Pompey are a tough opposition and spent a few quid

Runnin our teams who haven't got ex coventry players in (laughs)

Build own team. Progress ongoing

Always downhearted after a defeat

More disappointed if we hadn't created chances

Type of game you hope to win 1-0

Looking like a goalless draw after chances missed

RCC not really called upon

Really good finish settled the game

Otis

Should say need better finishers I don't think George thomas could finish his dinner .
I do worry about him. I know he is still young, but he does seem to scuff a number of shots and lacks composure in front of goal.

Could come in time, but if no-one else is contributing he is very quickly going to get dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread