Match Thread Swindon Town Friendly (2 Viewers)

clint van damme

With the season less than a month away, is the outcome of this game any cause for concern? I was upbeat after the defeat to Rangers because they were so far ahead in terms of preparation than us and are one of 2 best teams in Scotland by far. But after all the early predictions in this game pointed to a win for us (some even suggesting a comfortable win) is losing to a team in a division below us something we should be worried about?

exactly. I'm not worried by today but I am a little confused as to why we look so off the pace compared to the performance against Rangers who were 1 week away from starting their season.

David O'Day

No because it was pretty much a reserve team

Sky Blues XI: Ben Wilson (GK), Blaine Rowe (Trialist 46), Josh Eccles, Trialist, Sam McCallum (G.Burroughs 89), Callum Maycock, Jack Burroughs, Trialist, Reise Allassani, Dexter Walters, Max Biamou (Bremang 64)
Subs: Addai (GK), Trialist

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That went over your fucking head didn't it

Evo1883

No because it was pretty much a reserve team

Sky Blues XI: Ben Wilson (GK), Blaine Rowe (Trialist 46), Josh Eccles, Trialist, Sam McCallum (G.Burroughs 89), Callum Maycock, Jack Burroughs, Trialist, Reise Allassani, Dexter Walters, Max Biamou (Bremang 64)
Subs: Addai (GK), Trialist

I understand being positive as I'm usually overly positive myself... Today is a concern surely as we are miles away.

The Lurker

We look off it every pre-season. This season we had a 150 day break between matches. Calm down, and let our manager who has 2 promotions in 3 seasons sort it out. We will be ready I have no doubt.

a lot of work to do in a short space of time. I worried about this preseason preparations so far. we’re in the championship this season. Massive gap between league 1 and that league. that’s my worry

Briles

a lot of work to do in a short space of time. I worried about this preseason preparations so far. we’re in the championship this season. Massive gap between league 1 and that league. that’s my worry

All teams will be in the same boat

mark82

So everyone is blaming fitness but nobody knows when Swindon started back no ???!🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

I've said a few times that they've had 2 games in the last couple of weeks. We've just had a week off. Think that's more the reason than when we started.

stupot07

So everyone is blaming fitness but nobody knows when Swindon started back no ???!
To be fair, we played better 12 days into pre season against Rangers that were 5 weeks ahead of us and starting their season the following week.

We've looked more dangerous since the kids have been on to be fair.

Evo1883

No your worry is trying to find videos of non white breaking social distancing while ignoring white people who do it.

giphy.gif

cc84cov

To be fair, we played better 12 days into pre season against Rangers that were 5 weeks ahead of us and starting their season the following week.

We've looked more dangerous since the kids have been on to be fair.

Exactly

Users who are viewing this thread