Swindon Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Much better second half performance than first!! Stopped attacking after 75 and shocking equaliser. Bad defending for winner. Ref worst performance on the pitch!! Needed Thomas for Jennings and McDonald earlier!!

Sky Blue Pete

Hussle. We weren't in the game first half and should have been 4-1 down. Up until 75 mins very even and could even have gone 2-0 up with Leon's header. Last 15 poor we defended with our lives but stopped playing.

Last edited:

Stevec189

Absolutely, but it would be good start if the opposition were'nt guaranteed at least one free set- piece header a game.

Would be good if we had defenders who could actually defend. Murphy kept them in game first half when Cameron was constantly undone both on the ground and in the air. PUSB

Jackoskyblue

Hussle. We weren't in the game first half and should have been 4-1 down. Up until 75 mins very even and could even have gone 2-0 up with Leon's header. Last 15 poor we defended with our lives but stopped playing.

But do you not agree that it's a results business 1st half we won 1-0, 2nd half we lost 2-0? Therefore the 1st half performance we must have been tighter at the back and sharper up front no ? And I think we were both them things in the first half

Sky Blue Pete

No we were lucky first half. 9 times out of 10 Swindon win that game as they have better players and played better than us. Results game I agree but first half woeful second half better

stupot07

No defence no midfield and thats why we lost the game today. Another 'interim' manager who is showing naivety and inexperience

Worst defensive game in a long while. And no one can stick up for Cameron today......
To be honest SW we'd probably of had a similar performance under robins, we've struggle for cleansheets and struggle to win at the Ricoh this season. Not to mention points lost from winning positions.

Last edited:

Sky

Haha wow someone being deadly serious blaming linell for the loss for tempting fate.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
To be honest SW we'd probably of had a similar performance under robins, we've struggle for cleansheets and struggle to win at the Ricoh this season. Not to mention points lost from winning positions.

Im not sure. Under Robins we had a different team ethic. I thought that had stayed after he'd left the building however im starting to think that is beginning to wear of a little now.

I failed to see that fighting spirit up until the full time whistle we grew to get used to under Robins.

And injuries aswell are hampering us. Might be coincidence that we're getting more now that hes nabbed our fitness coach, but may not

SkyBlue_Bear83

Similar results maybe, the performances would not have been similar though

ohitsaidwalker king power

We defended poorly... lacked any substance or creativity in Midfield and were simply outplayed by the best team I have seen at the Ricoh this season.

CODY!!!

What was James Collins recation on Saturday, didnt get the chance to go up. Was he cheered or boo'd or what

Swindonguy

Hi guys I'm a swindon fan so thought I'd add my bit.

First off thanks for a great day it's probably the best away day I've been too. Obviously the result helped that but have to give credit for your fans and stewards for the banter before and during the game. First time to the Ricoh for me and its a great stadium I hope you get sisu out soon and get back to where you belong.

On the pitch murphy and moussa shone for your boys think you need to keep these guys and you'll have something decent to build on.

Users who are viewing this thread