Swindon Match Ratings (1 Viewer)

CovLis86

Allsop 5 - got very Flappy when we were under the cosh, and seems very slow to come out. Not convinced. Did make one decent save.

Phillips 8 - great performance, defensively a lot more sound than Clarke and never stopped.

Willis 8 - won everything in the air, looked composed and solid.

Webster 6 - didn't do much wrong, but not outstanding.

Johnson 4 - clumsy, could have given away 2 penalties and sent off. Was held a lot on attacking set pieces so couldn't impact.

Haynes 6 - caught a couple of times but did well and offers a decent attacking presence from the back.

Thomas 5 - made 3 rash challenges where if he was even close to the ball he would have been booked but there were that bad. Doesn't look good enough.

Fleck 5 - gave the ball away a lot and gave up, never made that incisive pass. Held on too long and caught out

O'brien 5 - basically the same as fleck and seemed to get caught out way too often in the middle of the park.

Tudgay 5 - kept running but had no real chances bar putting a half chance wide.

Mcquoid 5 - again he ran, but even with a goal, has to be marked down for being clean through and just standing still. Play to the whistle.

Subs:

Miller - unfortunately got injured and off again.

Jackson 5 - didn't get much to work with, did battle the ball back couple of times but also missed the chance at the death which would have made him a hero.

Swanson - not on long enough but again looked to press and chase but you'd expect that in the last minutes.

Ref 3 - awful really. Swindon started to see they could get given any soft foul they went down for and played to it, breaking up the game and taking away our momentum.

Would have taken a point before the game only due to our poor record against them which we have proved again. They looked rubbish and the 3 points were there for the taking.

Last edited:

stupot07

[
Burge 5 - got very Flappy when we were under the cosh, and seems very slow to come out. Not convinced. Did make one decent save.

Burge didn't play....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Possibly a bit harsh on Thomas and the strikers. Agree with the analysis in general though. Sat too deep when the game was there for the taking.
I thought we looked better with Jackson on, his movement is better than Tudgay's.

kg82

Yeah sorry, most those ratings are rubbish. Thomas made 2 sliding tackles where he just missed the ball. Bit rash but didn't lead to anything. He pressed high and was a catalyst to us breaking up their play a lot. But people don't notice that crap cos they just want players to SHOOOOT and play a through ball and that crap all the time. McQuoid and Tudgay worked unbelievably hard. Point of reference: Haynes left out of position, McQuoid went and covered for him instantly. Swindon were finding it incredibly difficult against us because we were so organised and worked. Nobody deserves less than a 6 in my opinion. Allsop with the lowest rating because what you said was correct; very flappy and not commanding enough

torchomatic

I've seen Allsop a few times now and I've been impressed. He's made a few great saves from 1-2-1s.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I was in line with Webster"s attempt from the corner and it was definitely over the line and we should have been 2-0 up !!
Agree the referee was biased and gave them everything.

kg82

I was in line with Webster"s attempt from the corner and it was definitely over the line and we should have been 2-0 up !!
Agree the referee was biased and gave them everything.

I KNEW it! Looked over from where I was. Keeper was reaching back too and clawing it out.

Roger Mellie

I KNEW it! Looked over from where I was. Keeper was reaching back too and clawing it out.

Absolutely agreed WCSB. Was level with the touch line and the ball looked a foot over to me when the keeper clawed it out. Also very disappointed that the clear foul on (I think) Miller wasn't given. The ref would have seriously have had to consider if the Swindon player was the last man. Their number 3 was obviously playing in ice skates and overall the standard of officials was poor, as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread