Swindon going into administration in next 24 hours?? (1 Viewer)

Diehard Si

According to this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rtain-future-Swindon-Town-administrators.html

Now, if we count those unhatched chickens, them losing 10 points potentially means we would be 1 point off the playoffs.

EDIT: for those too lazy to read the rest of the thread before commenting, there had since been news of a consortium buying them out so seemingly eliminating the threat of administration for them.

Last edited:

ccfc92

Good, one less team to contend with. Even though he's a twat, gotta admire Di Canios passion. Offering to pay for players himself etc.

RoboCCFC90

And they give us James Collins to free up his wages :)

Unfortunately they will probably command a fee for James Collins, something we won't be able to stretch too

Diehard Si

So could most teams just below us. Fortunately the season isn't over yet and we are generally speaking on good form, apart from the odd slip.

lordsummerisle

So could most teams just below us. Fortunately the season isn't over yet and we are generally speaking on good form, apart from the odd slip.

But people have been saying that we're pretty much certainties for the play-offs for weeks now, and totally disregarding the games in hand.

Our form, good or bad, realistically has us in about 12th place at the moment.

Diehard Si

But people have been saying that we're pretty much certainties for the play-offs for weeks now, and totally disregarding the games in hand.

Some people get carried away.

We're in with a shout if we keep winning and IF true, a rival losing 10 points can only help.

lordsummerisle

Always find it distasteful crowing over teams going into admin and looking at what players we can snap up anyway,

Remember lots doing it when Southampton went into admin, loads of "Hah, bet they wish they'd taken Ray and Sisu's offer now" type comments then.

skybluelee

The position is skewed due to our abysmal start. We almost need to ignore everybody else and concentrate getting to 76 points which should be enough. We need 2 points per game to do that and we've been averaging that for the last 16-odd games. Carry on as we are and we will get into the play-offs. If we tail off, we won't. Simples.

That's why Friday is not a must win game at all. I actually think we will win, and have no doubt that we will approach the game believing we can win it, but it is not a must-win.

skybluelee

I couldn't give a flying fuck about anybody other than Coventry City, nor would I expect sympathy from other Clubs' fans if we ever went into administration. I will be delighted if Swindon go into administration. I'd be even more delighted if Doncaster, Bournemouth, Brentford and Sheffield United followed.

And next season if 15 Championship teams go the same way and we got into the Premier League through the back door, then thanks very much.

lordsummerisle

I couldn't give a flying fuck about anybody other than Coventry City, nor would I expect sympathy from other Clubs' fans if we ever went into administration. I will be delighted if Swindon go into administration. I'd be even more delighted if Doncaster, Bournemouth, Brentford and Sheffield United followed.

And next season if 15 Championship teams go the same way and we got into the Premier League through the back door, then thanks very much.

Suppose we could just play Man City 20 times a season.

Danceswithhorses

According to bbc sportsday live :

BBC Wiltshire are reporting that a local consortium - fronted by the owner of Banbury United Jed McCrory - are close to completing a deal to buy Swindon Town.

It was revealed earlier this month that owner Andrew Black was putting the League One promotion chasers up for sale because he was no longer willing to invest.

Worcestershire-based McCrory assumed control of Southern League outfit Banbury earlier this year.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
How can they lose players outside of the transfer window?

If they agree with players to settle their contracts then in theory they become a free agent able to sign for someone else (if the player wasnt affected by the no more than 2 clubs in a season rule (?)).

Haven't you read page 168 of the 'Portsmouth' thread... :whistle:

covcity4life

as bad as it may sound lets hope that this is true

10pt penalty would put them below ua and intensify covs promotion bid

RoboCCFC90

Some people get carried away.

We're in with a shout if we keep winning and IF true, a rival losing 10 points can only help.

This is true but our next 6 or so games will define our season

lordsummerisle

Won't really know where we are til about mid-March once all the games in hand have been played out.

If still around 3 or 4 points off the play-off places at that time then worth a shout, fear likely to be 10 or more points off it by that stage though.

Jay88

would be great news for our promotion push. Do the job ourselves and pick up as many points as we can and put the pressure on teams around us.

Gint11

Lets get promoted on merit and not on clubs going into adminstration.

theferret

Won't really know where we are til about mid-March once all the games in hand have been played out.

If still around 3 or 4 points off the play-off places at that time then worth a shout, fear likely to be 10 or more points off it by that stage though.

The games in hand are largely irrelevant at this stage, it's all about how many points you finish the season with. 73 points has made the play-offs in the last 2 seasons, 76 will almost certainly get you in. We are on course for a points tally around that mark based on the last 16/17 games. Carry on as we are (as has already been said) we should just squeeze in. Start silly dropping points like we did on Saturday regularly and we'll fall away.

Baginton

Swindon into admin
Pomey will not be allowed to start next season in admin

WE'RE GOING UP AS FOOKING CHAMPIONS :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Last edited:

Bertola

Lets get promoted on merit and not on clubs going into adminstration.

Would it not be on merit if Swindon (or any other team) went into admin from blatant over-spending?

Let not forget Swindon have already been over the FFP threshold this season, subjecting them to a transfer embargo.

Hugh Jarse

Would it not be on merit if Swindon (or any other team) went into admin from blatant over-spending?

Let not forget Swindon have already been over the FFP threshold this season, subjecting them to a transfer embargo.

Are we a little jealous we haven't got a pot to piss in and couldn't do the same, even if we wanted to?

wolfie

If we can't go up by our own means. Then I sure don't want to go up because of another teams misfortune of being badly run by the men in suits. No team or fan should be made to suffer because of these people.

skyblueman

If we can't go up by our own means. Then I sure don't want to go up because of another teams misfortune of being badly run by the men in suits. No team or fan should be made to suffer because of these people.

Tricky one this - I'm inclined to agree from a fan's perspective but if the club is spending beyond it's means and the owners are not making up the difference then it's not fair on the creditors of that club and obviously bad for football as we all know so in a way it's an unfair advantage and they should be penalised for it

Users who are viewing this thread