Sweden vs England (2 Viewers)

kg82

The header wasn't great but the pitch has a lot to answer for there. All night the balls been holding up on it, did it again for Hart there and just meant he had to check his run a bit and couldn't get any power in his header.

Covstu

Hart could have done better on at least two maybe three of them tonight. I thought he was the complete package but he is flapping a lot lately. Hats off to Sweden, two top goals.

wingy

Hart could have done better on at least two maybe three of them tonight. I thought he was the complete package but he is flapping a lot lately. Hats off to Sweden, two top goals.
Yeah seems to be just going off a touch lately ,wonder if the club footballs bringing hom down a touch or losing the Hunger.

Otis

Was a pretty bad header from Hart though

Hart responsible for two goals tonight and Ibrahimovic's first goal was a bit lucky, but he was the best player on the pitch by far.

Think England would have won if they hadn't made all that rash of subs mind.

speedie87

Ibrahimovic is my fav player check out his goals for Ajax back in the day on YouTube if u haven't seen them

Macca

Surprised the FA allowed tonight's team selection what with them being institutionaly racist and all

speedie87

As John Barnes rightly said the society of black lawyers need to stick to law.

The lead guy is making things worse. Self publicising or what.

skybluereeve

Hart isn't as good a people think,he's good but a complete big head and arrogant. Been at fault for a lot of goals for club and country past few months.just what he needs

kg82

Hart IS as good as people think. He's going through a slight dip in form, probably for the first time. Pretty sure you'll find every player has it.

Sutty

Hart's a good goalkeeper. Not as good as Casillas, Buffon, Neuer and Adler but probably on a level with the likes of Stekelenburg.

kg82

That's a shame, I don't rate stekelenburg! I'd say Harts right up there, not at the same level as casillas and buffon but not too far behind neuer at all.

stupot07

To be honest, he's a good goal keeper and deserves to be England's number one, however our press love to pin the "World Class" label to players and especially England players left, right and centre after a decent game.

Build them up then knock'm down

kg82

Haha, very true! To be honest though, he misjudged a free kick and came out and headed the ball poorly. That's really all he did wrong and people have gone a bit mental about it from what I've heard! The free kick, definitely his fault, no doubt. But it's not in the league of Robinson and Green! Then the header - I'd still say the pitch caused a lot of it, as it caused quite a few problems all night. But after heading the ball can anybody really say they'd be expecting ANY player to even entertain the thought of trying to pull that off, let alone ACTUALLY pull it off!! As for the "Hart's arrogant" argument, I couldn't disagree more. He show's more passion on the pitch then the whole of our team put together. Not arrogance.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Tbf, how many players are likely to even attempt a finish like that? Im pretty sure if Hart was thinking 'if i mess this up, hes gonna scissor kick / overhead kick this from here' he wouldnt have even bothered at the attempt at the header. But in reality, no one expected a finish like that so hardly a keeper blooper imo.

skybluereeve

Haha, very true! To be honest though, he misjudged a free kick and came out and headed the ball poorly. That's really all he did wrong and people have gone a bit mental about it from what I've heard! The free kick, definitely his fault, no doubt. But it's not in the league of Robinson and Green! Then the header - I'd still say the pitch caused a lot of it, as it caused quite a few problems all night. But after heading the ball can anybody really say they'd be expecting ANY player to even entertain the thought of trying to pull that off, let alone ACTUALLY pull it off!! As for the "Hart's arrogant" argument, I couldn't disagree more. He show's more passion on the pitch then the whole of our team put together. Not arrogance.

Hart is arrogant,not saying he's a bad keeper just I think he thinks he's better than what he is. He is our best english keeper,but he's been making mistakes for the last 3 months. He a great shot stopper but needs work on other things.just my opnion thougj

wingy

Surely you've got to believe you're the best to be the best...............if not the best ,the best you can be.

kg82

You think he thinks he's better than he is?! How does that actually constitute him being arrogant?! And 3 months is nothing, David James was doing it for 10 years... a big chunk of that as England no.1

skybluereeve

You think he thinks he's better than he is?! How does that actually constitute him being arrogant?! And 3 months is nothing, David James was doing it for 10 years... a big chunk of that as England no.1

3 months is a worrying amount of time actually,I would say he's got worse the last few weeks as well,I can think of at least 4 high pro file mistakes,3 massive errors in his last two england mmatches.fine line betweenn confidence and arrogance and I think arrogance. Pentaly incident last year springs to mind unsporting and aarrogant.like I say just my opinion mate

kg82

complete big head and arrogant.

That isn't an opinion, it's stated as fact. If you'd have said at first it was your opinion then fair enough. My opinion is it's confidence, and I like that. I also like his passion, the fact he's still really young and already regarded as a quality keeper and if he's going to make mistakes, make them in friendlies. He'll learn from his mistakes, so it's better he's getting them out the way early in his career. And if he wasn't confident, these mistakes would probably ruin him.

kg82

I would say so,think he's damn good at what he does,but as said earlier in the thread ,I just wonder if a little of the hunger has gone recently.

A bit complacent maybe? Could be right. happens to a lot of footballers.

SkyBlue_Bear83

3 months is a worrying amount of time actually,I would say he's got worse the last few weeks as well,I can think of at least 4 high pro file mistakes,3 massive errors in his last two england mmatches.fine line betweenn confidence and arrogance and I think arrogance. Pentaly incident last year springs to mind unsporting and aarrogant.like I say just my opinion mate
The way you say he has been making mistakes for 3 months you would think he had been making clangers every game for the last 3 months

Man City have the least goals conceded this season, not bad for a keeper making mistakes for the last 3 months

Users who are viewing this thread