Swansea Ratings (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Collins has to do better with the goal, gonna be very hard for the Swansea player to get it up and down from that close so Collins has to make sure his side is covered
Thats where I’m at now
Shouldn’t have fallen for the feint to his right should have just made damn sure nothing went in his side
Was a fabulous strike thoigh

ms639

I was there, the amount of times he wins the ball back and gets tackles in, he’s had a great game. Doesn’t hide away, always showing for the ball and keeps us ticking over.

The ball over the top of their left back for Saka in the second half was absolutely top class.

He is an absolutely phenomenal ball winner,
Arguably the best in the league at breaking up play. Still makes some wild choices when on the ball though.

If he was better at making decisions on the ball he’d be playing premier league football now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Jarvo87

Hellishly frustrating. My opinion we did ok in the first half considering the changes and that Allen and Godden were passengers, largely dominated the 2nd and changes made a difference.

Collins, 5. Difficult to tell from my vantage point but seems he either got the wall wrong or his own position, either way poor.
JDS, 4. Targeted and found it difficult
Binks, 6. Grew into it after an (understandable) slow start
Thomas, 7. Solid, and needed to be at times
Lati, 6. Versatile and did ok for me
Allen, 3. Mighty surprised he came out for the 2nd half.
Sheaf, 8. Composed and covered a lot of ground. Probably my MoM
Palmer, 7.5. Really bright, physical and effective.
Wright, 7.5. Personally that was the best I’ve seen him play.
Saka, 8. Inventive, hard working and tenacious. Seems to have found a really good level of consistency/performance
Godden, n/a.

All the subs added something, 6.5 or 7’s across the piece. Pleased for Simms, hoping a goal is a confidence booster for him.

Robbins, 7. Has the team working hard, playing some good stuff at times, and physically resilient and pretty dominant. We need something more in the middle of the park and a striker.

MalcSB

Hellishly frustrating. My opinion we did ok in the first half considering the changes and that Allen and Godden were passengers, largely dominated the 2nd and changes made a difference.

Collins, 5. Difficult to tell from my vantage point but seems he either got the wall wrong or his own position, either way poor.
JDS, 4. Targeted and found it difficult
Binks, 6. Grew into it after an (understandable) slow start
Thomas, 7. Solid, and needed to be at times
Lati, 6. Versatile and did ok for me
Allen, 3. Mighty surprised he came out for the 2nd half.
Sheaf, 8. Composed and covered a lot of ground. Probably my MoM
Palmer, 7.5. Really bright, physical and effective.
Wright, 7.5. Personally that was the best I’ve seen him play.
Saka, 8. Inventive, hard working and tenacious. Seems to have found a really good level of consistency/performance
Godden, n/a.

All the subs added something, 6.5 or 7’s across the piece. Pleased for Simms, hoping a goal is a confidence booster for him.

Robbins, 7. Has the team working hard, playing some good stuff at times, and physically resilient and pretty dominant. We need something more in the middle of the park and a striker.
How is Godden n/a?

DannyThomas_1981

I was there, the amount of times he wins the ball back and gets tackles in, he’s had a great game. Doesn’t hide away, always showing for the ball and keeps us ticking over.

The ball over the top of their left back for Saka in the second half was absolutely top class.
I was there and agree with you BF. And I think that Sheaf is sometimes over rated on here. Tonight he was immense and not helped by Allen for the first 60 minutes either. Going to be even better paired with a true number 8.

Brighton Sky Blue

Palmer 6 were you watching the same game , I thought he was the best player on the pitch , and I was shocked Robins took him off should of given him a bit longer
I’m perhaps being a bit harsh with a 6 but calling him man of the match is absurd

stupot07

Collins 5
Lati 6
Thomas 7
Binks 6
JDS 5
Allen 5
Sheaf 8
Palmer 8
Wright 8.5 MOTM
Godden 4
Sakamoto 8

Subs
MVE 7
O'Hare 6
Simms 5

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

I reckon we can count ourselves unlucky and leave it there. No one was especially bad…JDS is weak but he had some very good moments.

I thought Sheaf and Palmer were outstanding. Wright was excellent until the last 10 mins when he rediscovered his early season form.

As an aside I sat/stood in the back row of block 23 for the first time. Gave me a great vantage point for everything except their free kick. The lads I was next to were a good bunch.

Swansea are shit.

False9

Collins 5 am I being harsh saying he should line the wall up better
Lati 5 don't like him at RB, didn't link with saka
Thomas 7 really commanding and I was expecting him to suffer without Kitching
Binks 6 don't think he did too much wrong, a few giveaways
DaSilva 4 exposed repeatedly and looked rusty
Sheaf 6 difficult to rate, some good some shit bits
Allen 5 shit and
Palmer 7 I thought he was really good, different option
Saka 7 was missing Milan but another brilliant assist (sort of)
Wright 8 MOTM big threat all night and excellent goal
Godden 4 awful player nowadays, well off the pace, can't play as a lone striker

Subs
Simms 5
COH 6
MVE 6

SBT

Collins 6

Latibeaudiere 7 Versatility is a huge asset for us
Thomas 7
Binks 6
Dasilva 6

Sheaf 7 Ball recovery just phenomenal in the second half…shame about the free kick
Allen 6
Palmer 7 Best league game I’ve seen him start for us

Sakamoto 7 Just an absolute joy to watch
Godden 6
Wright 8 MOTM Looked like he could justify the price tag tonight

MVE 6
O’Hare 6
Simms 6 Never seen him move as fast as he did to snipe that goal!

Chris1987

Tonight also illustrated how important Bidwell is to that back 4 . In fact out of the established 4 only Thomas started . The first choice 4 is as good as any in this league in my opinion.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Collins 5 am I being harsh saying he should line the wall up better
Lati 5 don't like him at RB, didn't link with saka
Thomas 7 really commanding and I was expecting him to suffer without Kitching
Binks 6 don't think he did too much wrong, a few giveaways
DaSilva 4 exposed repeatedly and looked rusty
Sheaf 6 difficult to rate, some good some shit bits
Allen 5 shit and
Palmer 7 I thought he was really good, different option
Saka 7 was missing Milan but another brilliant assist (sort of)
Wright 8 MOTM big threat all night and excellent goal
Godden 4 awful player nowadays, well off the pace, can't play as a lone striker

Subs
Simms 5
COH 6
MVE 6
This with 1.5 added to Sheaf and -1 on Wright is pretty much identical to how I saw it

rob9872

I think without Kitching we'd be better with 5 at the back. A few poor performances in there but did enough to win so pretty disappointing overall.

I thought Collins, Godden, Da Silva and Allen below par, Palmer, Sakamoto, Wright and Sheaf above par, possibly MVE too even for just 30 mins. Others and subs, average.

skybluecam

Collins 6
Dasilva 5
Binks 6
Thomas 6
Lati 6
Sheaf 6
Allen 4
Palmer 7
Wright 8
Godden 2
Saka 6

MVE 6
O'Hare 6
Simms 5

pusbccfc

I think without Kitching we'd be better with 5 at the back. A few poor performances in there but did enough to win so pretty disappointing overall.

I thought Collins, Godden, Da Silva and Allen below par, Palmer, Sakamoto, Wright and Sheaf above par, possibly MVE too even for just 30 mins. Others and subs, average.

I'd play a 5 at Boro and against Leicester.

Hertsccfc

Andy Turner up to his old tricks

JAY DASILVA: 7

Slotted in at left-back in a straight swap for Jake Bidwell as Robins rotated his squad. Got forward well and defended well as he rarely put a foot wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I don't understand most of the Dasilva comments on here. I thought he was fine indeed better than Bidwell in recent matches. The only ones who underperformed were Allen, Collins and Godden.

ptr

I don't understand most of the Dasilva comments on here. I thought he was fine indeed better than Bidwell in recent matches. The only ones who underperformed were Allen, Collins and Godden.

He is tidy on the ball but was caught out with poor positioning several times and was targeted by them because of it. His lack of height doesn’t help, unfortunately out of his control. We concede goals from that side far too often when he plays.

I think he’s a decent enough player but Bidwell is about as solid as it gets at this level.

Terry_dactyl

I think technically he is fine. He has some good touches, made some good passes, and was cool in defence a lot of the time.
However, Swansea clearly targeted him…cos of his physical attributes. They regularly played long balls over to his winger and he got out paced as well by their winger.

Bidwell is deemed ‘not great’ going forward but can defend. Dasilva seems no better going forward and isn’t as good defensively.

SIR ERNIE

Tonight again gave proof if needed that the time is long overdue to leave Godden out of the starting line up.

He adds nothing to the team that Simms can't provide and more.

Perryccfc

Don’t agree with the low scores for Da Silva, would imagine he was in the team because Swansea look for the big diagonal to the winger a lot and MR wanted his pace instead of Bidwells. So rather a tactic on their behalf to target JDS, think it was more of a tactic of ours to counteract an obvious play.

Thought we played well overall and deserved to win. Like Bobby Thomas but his header down into midfield to nobody which lead to their free kick was so bloody stupid. Clear your lines, we have 30 seconds left no need to be clever. Frustrating.

JimmyHillsbeard

I thought Sheaf was our best player tonight but he was at fault for *both* Swansea goals : The first came from an obvious error from Allen but that was actually caused by a hospital ball in his general direction from Sheaf. The equaliser came from a direct free kick in the middle of the goal on the edge of the penalty area. The keeper was beaten by a great shot which exploited the gap left by the wall but the free kick itself came from a stupid challenge by Sheaf on a bloke who had already lost control of the ball in the final minute of added time.

All in all I think Swansea deserved a point tbh. It feels unlucky to throw away two points in the dying seconds of a game (again) but we seldom reflect on our good fortune in other games. We were lucky that Wednesday didn’t equalise when they had us struggling between our two goals on Boxing Day or that Leeds missed 3-4 golden opportunities at Elland Road.

Users who are viewing this thread