Match Thread Swansea City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 19th Aug (1 Viewer)

procdoc

Nearly was though, whilst bedding in half a new squad and coping with the loss of Hamer on the eve of the Boro game. Dunno what you get from being so negative fucking weird outlook
I don’t recall him posting after the Middlesbrough game

Ashdown

The SKY girl at the match was waxing lyrical about the City performance. The CWR boys were mildly enthused too.
Sounds to me like we should have edged it but at this stage of the season with a new squad just getting them gelling and working as a unit is imperative .

hamertime

I dare say with Palmer in the team we might have won that. If his injury is a bad one we need to sort some creativity out sharpish.

clint van damme

The SKY girl at the match was waxing lyrical about the City performance. The CWR boys were mildly enthused too.
Sounds to me like we should have edged it but at this stage of the season with a new squad just getting them gelling and working as a unit is imperative .

I thought a draw was a fair result. We were better first half and should have gone in ahead, they played the better 2nd half but lacked a cutting edge.
We're miles ahead of where we were this time last season though.

hamertime

We had this the season before last everyone saying how well we were playing and unlucky etc couldn’t finish teams. Can’t be arsed with that again.

Evo1883

Yea we were arguibly the better side , but what pleased me most about today is some of the moves we put together , the way we bossed the game for long periods away at a team who will be an outsider for the playoffs .. the only thing that I was dissapointed with was the way we've conceded HOWEVER the ball was out by about 3 yards a phase before and the officials fucked us

covcity4life

Robins

Dissapointed. We can do better
Didn't organise ourselves for goal conceded
We scored brilliant goal
Good football was played today
But we need more. But that takes time. It will come
Have to defend properly. We would have won
So we are collectively dissapointed. We have to be or will repeat mistakes
We had alot of corners but we have to make them tell
Swansea made it difficult. Dropped deep. We too slow and laboured
We will work on this next week. Glad got a week of training
JDS good balls into box. Tatsu too
We need to cut them open more
Didn't take opportunities enough
Got to box then did nothing with it. WA flat
Excited because we have so much more to unlock in team. Ppl have to be patient
Tatsu did pretty well as number 10. He will get better and evolving already
Palmer not injured. Family issue needs to deal with
Milan hurt his toe. Hopefully he will be ok(didn't seem worried)
Without Kasey hard to open things up
They had a full bench and we didn't
Godden movement brilliant again. On a hot streak
Build up from back was v good but not fluid enough yet. Will come
Matty has never failed to deliver in terms of workrste and goals. Touchwood
Was poor in pre season but just matter of time

Sounded like he is actually excited deep down just how much potential this team has.

HuckerbysQuiff

Draw was a fair result despite them not overly threatening. Switching off after scoring cost us & happened to Southampton vs Plymouth too. Just shows that you can’t let it slip even for a minute.

What the game did highlight was the need for more bodies and quality especially in midfield/final third. Hopefully that’ll be addressed in the next week or so. Once the team works out how we play we’ll do well, not quite the top 6 that other think we’re capable of in my mind though.

Hobo

So Palmer isn't injured he has a family issue. But some of our fans like to jump all over him at the slightest opportunity. Same as Wilson, Bidwell and Godden.

PVA

We also need to move the ball a bit quicker but besides that considering we're early season you can tell we will be a good side this season when it all comes together

Yes that was my one criticism really, we were just a bit slow in possession most of the time.

covcity4life

Eccles

Dissapointed
Tough league this year but we could have won
We like to have ball.thats our style
At least we creating chances
Couldn't really get shots off
But goal was unreal. Lots of passes and great layoff. Goddy always gonna score
Adi makes us stay tight together . Can't leave gaps
I am goddens number 1 fan. Best finisher I've ever played with
He's not for sale!
I am not for sale
A bad goal to concede. We switched off
Ben Wilson said head looped in slow motion
We go again next week
We got down sides very well today. Lot of crosses as corners. But couldn't take chances
Goals will come
I was close to Gus. Learnt alot from him
I have to take chance with both hands and show fans what I can do
Delighted to see Gus score
I prefer centre mid but play wherever told
I think done well so far this season but lots to improve on
Still hurts to lose in playoff final
Always wanted to play prem
But bite bulletm time to go one better
I hope to play for cov in prem
Do look forward to playing Sunderland
Is a rivalry lately
Hopefully we get 3 pts

Grendel

So Palmer isn't injured he has a family issue. But some of our fans like to jump all over him at the slightest opportunity. Same as Wilson, Bidwell and Godden.

Palmer has a history of injuries so clearly yes people are going to raise their eyebrows when he’s not in the squad

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Maybe it’s circumstances or just his style but Robins teams always seem to improve throughout the season, not saying we don’t come out of the blocks fast but we look like improvers and I haven’t seen anything different this season, with the changes, upheaval and late signings, a team and squad that is competing well now and only getting better (hopefully)

Evo1883

Looked a great team goal from the other end , where I was I couldn't tell if haji wright layed off godden , felt like they worked well together 1st half

covcity4life

Looked a great team goal from the other end , where I was I couldn't tell if haji wright layed off godden , felt like they worked well together 1st half
Looked like he was trying to swivel on it but then left it for godden.still a good team goal even if didn't plan it as an assist

Users who are viewing this thread