Match Thread Swansea City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 19th Aug (2 Viewers)

steve101

Swansea were poor. Should have got more but lacking of much creativity. Very early days but Wright and Simms do not look anywhere near their price. On 95 minutes Godden was chasing down the ball, Simms wasn't!

Sky Blue Pete

You can see we’re badly missing some dynamism in midfield, a lot of the play second half very staggered and straightforward. Seems a bit worrying that we only consider alternative targets when the main one becomes unavailable.

Big few weeks coming up for recruitment
Not sure that’s the case at all

fatso

Awful game, a point each probably fair, but zero creativity or skill from either side.
No one stood out, 6/10 all round as an away point is rarely a bad result.

Fuck all else to say.
Move onto next week.

pusbccfc

I'd be very frustrated if I'd spent £100 travelling down there today. Same as last season. Sitting back and taking the point at Swansea when they are there for the taking.

Sky Blue Pete

You didn’t think that was poor?
Bossed posession
Bossed chances that they’re were
We should be celebrating a 1-0
Eccles and sheaf good
Saka needed some protection
What did you expect losing yok and hamer???
robins and adi will get them up and running

Marty

Dominated them for large periods, just lacked a clear cut chance for a goal. Signs are looking good for this side, still need a Hamer replacement and a couple more, and I think we'll be safely in the play offs.

covcity4life

Just seen the goals. Think wright trying to turn on the ball rather than assist. Nice finish from godden

Poor goal to concede. Not as bad as oggy made out on radio though

Tommo1993

I'd be very frustrated if I'd spent £100 travelling down there today. Same as last season. Sitting back and taking the point at Swansea when they are there for the taking.

The mugs who paid for the ticket just for the points will be pleased. Still mugs.

cooperskyblue

I think the fact the Swansea fans made zero atmosphere contributed to the feeling of it being a flat game.

We need these 4 signings in. Energy in CM for sure. And extra options to bring on but it will happen.

Sakamoto looks very good. If we continue to pick up points while we gel then we are in a good position to kick on when everything clicks.

Nick

Administrator
Bossed posession
Bossed chances that they’re were
We should be celebrating a 1-0
Eccles and sheaf good
Saka needed some protection
What did you expect losing yok and hamer???
robins and adi will get them up and running
Did we boss possession?

They had better chances

duffer

Fair result, imho. Could've used a bit of needle and a few tasty tackles to liven it up a bit, perhaps, but I don't think we've got that sort of player in the squad at the moment. No concerns for me - we still look a tidy, well-organised, team and I think there's plenty more to come from this lot yet.

stevefloyd

For a new team we looked solid enough passed the ball well, as usual just the final ball a pity we switched off after our goal but Wright didn't seem switched on at times hopefully they will coach him to be more aware Sheaf was very good

Finham

Fuck off Wrexham, 2 injury time goals in a 5-5 draw? And people say that wrestling is fixed...

Speedie's Head

It's beginning to confirm that some of our buys have been a bit rushed. Dasilva has a mistake in him every game. I'll give Simms more time given his lack of starts in the 2nd half of last season. Saka easily knocked off the ball but more importantly Eccles Cake cannot cover for Gus. I'm surprised that we haven't brought anyone in this week if we had someone lined up

Users who are viewing this thread