Match Thread Swansea City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 19th Aug (2 Viewers)

procdoc

I don't really get that thinking. You have to play your best players. This feels like the argument about Walker a couple of years ago. Then it was argued that Robins shouldn't have dropped Walker after he scored a couple of goals as it would affect his confidence. Gyokeres and Godden had been playing really well and it was obvious why Robins preferred them over Walker when they were fit and available.

Can't deny I haven't been impressed with Simms so far whereas Wright has made an impact as substitute both times. I am not writing Simms off by any means but if Wright is fully fit he should play in my view.
I’d personally start Wright ahead of Simms tomorrow

hamertime

More that MR tends to not change a winning team, so I doubt he will just now unless forced to.

Personally I would pick Wright as well, but at the same time he's working well off the bench and Simms' confidence seems to be quite fragile right now and I wonder if benching him might make that worse.
It would be worrying if you don’t want to drop a player just because it might knock his confidence. What does that say to the other players who are coming on and doing well.

Johhny Blue

Just found out a salmon fishing trip has been rescheduled from tomorrow to Monday. Elated. I don’t get sky games live on iFollow ,they don’t show the carabao and with Sunderland on sky it’s been slim pickings

Users who are viewing this thread