Survival? Sorry... but am I missing something (1 Viewer)

mexico88

Keep hearing this whole "fight is on" "only goal difference" "it'll be down to 6 teams" etc.

Genuinely now... Am I missing something?

For arguments sake, say the teams around us and more importantly below us, win the games in hand - we are rock bottom. Not trying to be negative, but were in an awful position and and chance of survival is slim at best.

Today was awful, that's a team going down in my book. One of the most awful games i've ever seen. How we scored I'll never know. If we hadn't of scored - Thorn would surely have had to have gone. It's ok to play like that when your mid-table with nothing to win/lose - but not when your facing the drop.

No urgency
No confidence
No fight
No passion

How can a team play like lions against Leeds and then play like lambs so soon after? For me, it's fair to say that the team is good enough to stay up playing like they did at Leeds - However, the manager is simply not able to get that from them week after week (note: not crap/no good)

The answer of survival for me, clearly points to a change (any change) in management.

I'm not a Thorn hater - I really want him to stay at the club - but you can't possibly say that if we had drawn today that you would have been happy with the effort, passion, heart and tactics.

I'm really worried about getting behind a manager who's simply not able to get the most out of the players in such an import stage of the season and such an important point in our history.

Finally, I don't think it's mainly to do with tactics like most say. I think they could stay up with current tactical ways - but only if they play ever game like a cup final - and that's just not happening.

Thoughts?

Grendel

My thought is you have just opened a can of worms and here we go again...

SkyBlue_Bear83

If you want to think it is all over then that is your choice, me personally I would like to think we have a chance still. With us still to play the teams around us it is still in our own hands.

Every game is a cup final but the players aren't up to it they try there best but today an forest proves we are where we are for a reason, we are a very average team

ajsccfc

We're three points away from catching teams in safety (they have games in hand but when you're down where we all are it's far from given that they'll yield points). Whether it's likely or not, staying up is still an achievable possibility, and most if not all here would like it to happen, so hope adds bias.

Grendel

In a strange sort of way I take some satisfaction out of today. It highlights two things;

You win games by playing direct and ugly
There are plenty of poor teams around that we can beat

It has been almost a brainwashing exerciser on here that states it's a miracle we are still in with a chance to stay up. Claptrap. We are equal to 6 or 7 other poor teams. We have to get more points than them. Bristol city is the big game.

Andy thorn - give him a medal. No just do you're job (which he did today as winning is all that matters).

Lord_Nampil

the win today was actually massive! we have cut the points down to 3 dragging Brizzle right back into it! With all of them bar Forest still to play, its very much in our hands!!!!

mark82

It's 3 points for gods sake. We need to fight for our Championship survival and that means fans too. We have faced this many times in the Prem. I have never known fans be so defeatist.

guicey15

Not able to get that from them week in week out? I'd say 5 wins out of our last 6 at home is pretty good going. You don't know how we scored? We had 19 shots for God sake. Cut out the negativity for once please, had enough of it. We have a chance of survival now and we should drop the technicalities and statistics and just get behind the lads. The great escape IS still on. PUSB

ccfcway

at least a draw last week and things would have look a hell of a lot better !

same against Bristol City, we just cant lose it, but this season will show you that we are MORE than likely to lose it.

ccfcway

Not able to get that from them week in week out? I'd say 5 wins out of our last 6 at home is pretty good going. You don't know how we scored? We had 19 shots for God sake. Cut out the negativity for once please, had enough of it. We have a good chance of survival now and we should drop the technicalities and statistics and just get behind the lads. PUSB

Ha, 5 out of 6 wins, 19 shots on goal, we should drop the stats ?

skybluegod

thing is we didnt draw and we won so thats why we think we can stay up because we won and we're in the mix.

davebart

I have long thought that we would get out of it. In one of our best seasons we went all season without winning away. If we make the Ricoh a fortress, as we are, then we will get enough points to stay up.

Quite frankly only Cov fans would be miserable after a win. There must be a miserable gas in the air around the city. 1-0 win with a goal in the 90th minute bl**dy brilliant!!!

Otis

I was unhappy with our approcah to the game today. As Claus Jorgensen said on the CWR commentary, he expected us to be really up for it from the off and for us to give it a real go and to be at their throats. It simply didn't happen. We didn't wake up until about 65 mins.

Happening too much for my liking. If you cast your minds back, Middlesborough and Leeds could have quite easily been a couple of goals up in the first 20 mins because we simply weren't at the races at the starts of those games. Only thing in our favour on those occasions was the fact that both teams fluffed their chances.

Luckily today we played a team who had no intention of trying to win the game. Had this been another team with greater intentions, then again the same thing could have happened. Barnsley were very much in the ascendancy the first 20 mins. As i say, luckily they offered no threat.

Last edited:

mexico88

N
I'd say 5 wins out of our last 6 at home is pretty good going. You don't know how we scored? We had 19 shots for God sake. . PUSB

Ahem... 19 shots... 5 on target.

Like I said, I have no idea how we scored. That's a lot of misses. Misses don't win matches, goals do.

Play like that against a team around us that happens to fight for it - we're doomed. It's us don't forget - its what we do best!

CJparker

at least a draw last week and things would have look a hell of a lot better !

same against Bristol City, we just cant lose it, but this season will show you that we are MORE than likely to lose it.

You're a cheery soul aren't you? I've been reading your comments on several threads, you sound like the sort of person who'll be happy if we go down. Always talking down the team, the manager, the situation etc, are you a Leicester fan or have you just given up and want the club to die???

mark82

Do other clubs fans slate their teams as much as we do? Does no-one else get sick of the constant bitching?

blueflint

we have a tradition of losing to all our nearest teams we play better against teams higher in the table leeds etc forest being the example of losing to rivals

Big Cyrille

I think today showed where we have problems. I thought Macca tried hard but was poor and Baker should not play again this season. When a team just defends against us we haven't got a clue cause we haven't got any width.

Having said that Barnsley today deserved everything they got with that approach and we have to say in the end we deserved our win because we never gave up and Jordan Clarke did brilliantly for the goal. PUSB

dongonzalos

Keep hearing this whole "fight is on" "only goal difference" "it'll be down to 6 teams" etc.

Genuinely now... Am I missing something?

For arguments sake, say the teams around us and more importantly below us, win the games in hand - we are rock bottom. Not trying to be negative, but were in an awful position and and chance of survival is slim at best.

Today was awful, that's a team going down in my book. One of the most awful games i've ever seen. How we scored I'll never know. If we hadn't of scored - Thorn would surely have had to have gone. It's ok to play like that when your mid-table with nothing to win/lose - but not when your facing the drop.

No urgency
No confidence
No fight
No passion

How can a team play like lions against Leeds and then play like lambs so soon after? For me, it's fair to say that the team is good enough to stay up playing like they did at Leeds - However, the manager is simply not able to get that from them week after week (note: not crap/no good)

The answer of survival for me, clearly points to a change (any change) in management.

I'm not a Thorn hater - I really want him to stay at the club - but you can't possibly say that if we had drawn today that you would have been happy with the effort, passion, heart and tactics.

I'm really worried about getting behind a manager who's simply not able to get the most out of the players in such an import stage of the season and such an important point in our history.

Finally, I don't think it's mainly to do with tactics like most say. I think they could stay up with current tactical ways - but only if they play ever game like a cup final - and that's just not happening.

Thoughts?

Whats really bizzare is that with terrible performance in which it is amazing that we scored we had 19 shots they had 3. I hope we play that shit every week :whistle:

Grendel

Whats really bizzare is that with terrible performance in which it is amazing that we scored we had 19 shots they had 3. I hope we play that shit every week :whistle:

19 shots? Never has Oskar Morgenstern been more accurate.

dongonzalos

In a strange sort of way I take some satisfaction out of today. It highlights two things;

You win games by playing direct and ugly
There are plenty of poor teams around that we can beat

It has been almost a brainwashing exerciser on here that states it's a miracle we are still in with a chance to stay up. Claptrap. We are equal to 6 or 7 other poor teams. We have to get more points than them. Bristol city is the big game.

Andy thorn - give him a medal. No just do you're job (which he did today as winning is all that matters).

Your team winning should just give you satisfaction. It would only be strange if you expected that your team winning would be a dissapointment.

Grendel

You're a cheery soul aren't you? I've been reading your comments on several threads, you sound like the sort of person who'll be happy if we go down. Always talking down the team, the manager, the situation etc, are you a Leicester fan or have you just given up and want the club to die???

No he just has a different view to yours.

covcity4life

mexico you are 100% correct

good reuslt but bad performance

if not for platts goal this forum would be heaving with threads about how shit we were

its a shame some people cant see the performance for what is was(crap) and the result for what it is(lucky)

i am sooooooooooo happy we won,but why act like we didnt play crap???????

SkyBlue_Bear83

mexico you are 100% correct

good reuslt but bad performance

if not for platts goal this forum would be heaving with threads about how shit we were

its a shame some people cant see the performance for what is was(crap) and the result for what it is(lucky)

i am sooooooooooo happy we won,but why act like we didnt play crap???????
I think the majority say we were below average today but Barnsley were absymal which is why we won, survival is still in our own hands.
I wouldn't say we were lucky to win today, I think we were the better team but that was more due to Barnsley than our selves. I guess you could say we were lucky Barnsley were rubbish is that is what you meant?
The win today kept the great escape on.

covlad1986

For me i don't understand some views.
Yes we was poor today but hey we got the 3 points from the game and that's what we wanted.
to be honest i don't mind if we play like that all the time and get the 3 points.

Users who are viewing this thread