Surprising new development (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The academy stuff would have been before SISU were here, didn't the club think the academy wasn't worth keeping going?

I seem to remember there being rumours of SISU shutting the academy down because they thought it didn't add any value to the club as the youngsters kept on being released rather than sold and was a drain on resources (I remember seeing a figure of £100k being bandied about but that again wasn't confirmed by anyone in the know).

Then we sold Wilson to Bournemouth for £3m and they supposedly changed their tune. So that'd be 2013/14ish?

skybluetony176

We're really scraping the barrel if the SCG is being included as a positive :emoji_smiley:

Clearly it didn’t end as a positive after being high jacked and corrupted but it was started in good faith and if used as designed would have been a positive. Can’t blame the Trust for that.

CJ_covblaze

The only time I can recall a trust raising money for the academy was before the currently trust.

It was back when we had the old version with the likes of Natalie Cox and Kev Monks. The one that got killed off for being ineffective and replaced with the current one. Although in the end didn't the new trust have to end up being a continuation of the old one for it to be 'official' or something along those lines.

The academy stuff would have been before SISU were here, didn't the club think the academy wasn't worth keeping going?

We’re the same Trust that was set up 15 years ago. One of the original board members is still our treasurer.

Irish Sky Blue

If this is actually a pheonix Trust, wouldn’t that actually make them, according to one or two posters rather bizarre logic, the Trust for Cov Utd or Cov Sphinx? Somebody ought to tell them.

letsallsingtogether

Clearly it didn’t end as a positive after being high jacked and corrupted but it was started in good faith and if used as designed would have been a positive. Can’t blame the Trust for that.
Oh yes you can.
Blame anyone bar Mr Fisher, Miss Garlic and co.
Remember the stadium consortium only thing the owners set up lasted about a fortnight.......
Remember the shiny Pictures of our new ground and training facilities.
Wow if only, then we wouldn't now be worrying about having no home.
Those Newts have a lot to answer for.

CJ_covblaze

We're really scraping the barrel if the SCG is being included as a positive :emoji_smiley:

The “original” SCG was called the Joint Council and was set up around 2006 (roughly) by the Trust and Paul Fletcher. However the first real SCG type group was set up by my Grandad’s Grandad around a hundred years ago and was the first of it’s type anywhere in the Country. It was set up due to our dodgy owners being banned from football and a body was needed to run the club which he did with 3 or 4 mates/associates. Most of the shares that were handed over to ensure SISU could buy the club in 2007/08 were owned by that small group and sold for sixpence to their eventual owners so had been in those families for generations. That’s why it’s so frustrating that the club have refused (despite us and many others asking them to do so) to hand back those certificates that mean a lot to a lot of people. Also it’s why I wanted the previous incarnation of the SCG to work out so badly so much. His and his mate’s legacies are now pretty much gone.

Last edited:

luwalla

Didn’t the EFL hold meetings to discuss the ‘ plight of coventry city’ last time... right before they granted the club permission to play in Northampton!

Not sure I have any faith that the EFL will do jack to really really intervene

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

Why? The old trust was dormant, had been for around two years.

It's the equivalent of Fisher coming on CWR and telling us we should all be thanking SISU for winning the FA Cup.
You are nit picking and simply proving my point.

skybluetony176

Why? The old trust was dormant, had been for around two years.

It's the equivalent of Fisher coming on CWR and telling us we should all be thanking SISU for winning the FA Cup.

Are you talking about the same Fisher who thinks we should raise a statue in honour of Joy?

chiefdave

You are nit picking and simply proving my point.
So you don't have an answer to the question.

The old trust had to all intents and purposes ceased to exist - dormant for years, hence the need for a new trust.

The current trust has recently received criticism regarding its inaction on current issues and as a defence CJ stated the Trust saved the academy. That was in 2005. The current version of the Trust came in to being in 2012.

How is that any different to Fisher coming out and crediting SISU for something that happened before they were here. He would be ridiculed.

skybluetony176

So you don't have an answer to the question.

The old trust had to all intents and purposes ceased to exist - dormant for years, hence the need for a new trust.

The current trust has recently received criticism regarding its inaction on current issues and as a defence CJ stated the Trust saved the academy. That was in 2005. The current version of the Trust came in to being in 2012.

How is that any different to Fisher coming out and crediting SISU for something that happened before they were here. He would be ridiculed.

Are you talking about the change in constitution voted on in 2013?

chiefdave

Are you talking about the change in constitution voted on in 2013?
No I'm talking about when there was a plan for a new trust in 2012 as the existing trust was ineffective and dormant. That became the relaunch of the existing trust with everyone having to sign up again and pay their membership. The change in constitution came later, possibly to tie in with them wanting to be recognised by Supporters Direct.

AStonesThrow

I might be wrong in saying this, but if a court case is live, then I'm sure no party involved (be it directly or third party) is permitted to discuss it publicly? Not only that, would it really benefit the situation if they were to release plans/ideas publicly?

usskyblue

Top orchestrated support of the Trust. Someone must be knackered m8

giphy.gif

Warwickhunt

Bolton ground should be freed up soon so I suppose SISU will move us to that Stadium on a Rent deal and then starve them of funds so that they can buy the ground on the cheap :joyful::joyful::joyful: a bit tongue in cheek i suppose:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread