Surprise package (1 Viewer)

Gosb

I don't know whether this has been discussed before, but which, if any, of our younger players will make their mark this season? Eccles looks a fair bet but what of Drysdale, Tavares, Bapaga, Reid, Burroughs, Rowe, Howley, Ngandu, Nee, Dinanga, Rus and others? It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect a couple of these to establish themselves.

djr8369

Looking at last season Eccles seemed the most ready. Based on being a utility player and good athlete I think Burroughs is a good shout. The rest I either haven’t seen enough of or haven’t stood out when I have seen them but Bapaga has shown glimpses, looks comfortable on the ball and technically gifted.

slowpoke

There’s a lot of potential young talent there which hopefully bodes well for our future of that group I reckon Bapaga and Drysdale blossom this season and Burroughs seems to be improving by the week, I’m told his younger brother is better.

CDK

Think Eccles,borroughs,and maybe a young striker Eccles looks the part all ready , yesterday being one,borroughs looks composed the striker nee I think maybe towards the second half of the season.

Ccfcisparks

Is that based on anything specific or just a hunch? I know he spent some time on loan last season but not sure how well he did?
Hunch but I didn’t realise how young he was still. Watched him back end of last season and he looked really good.

Barnsley

Due to the lack of income last season, and the uncertainty going forward due to C-19, I can envisage a lot of clubs at championship level keeping their brass in the bank this summer, and going with youth, both from their own academy, but also them of premier league clubs via the loan market, I don’t think they’ll be a lot of money thrown around in this window ether in terms of transfer fees or wages. In my opinion the 21/22 will be a season like no other for young players, it’s a golden opportunity for many to breakthrough into professional football.

larry_david

Eccles was the most composed player for us yesterday.

Burroughs got stronger as it went on. Couple of rampaging runs forward near the end. I do wonder what the plan is for him though, he's been 'filling in' as wing back for two seasons now

Drysdale should feature for us after two successful loan spells.

Bapaga needs game time now I think.

Ngandu I imagine will be loaned out. The very reliable alan nixon suggested Exeter were interested a few months back but I think he's still recovering from that I jury last u23 game

long way home

Burroughs, Eccles look like they have the tools to be in most GameDay squads with us. Bapaga needs to follow Eccles path getting decent minutes to go along with his ability will come back a better player. Drysdale should be fighting for a spot in our starting 11 if he can't get in then not sure if he stays and fights or is loaned out. Howley is a big kid and will be developed in the u23 I would imagine, lots of potential with him and Nee they will be brought on with a clear path of 1st team football at the club.

lord_garrincha

From the brief glimpse from yesterday’s game Bapaga on the ball looked quality don’t know about loaning him out getting his backside on our bench and being an impact sub might suit him and us.
But it was like that last year and, okay he did pick up an injury, hardly played. Plus he has another player in his way in Enobakhare.

Playing games at a decent level could be huge for him... and for club from January onwards.

slowpoke

Don’t disagree but if he does go out on line he needs to play
So choice of club and manager would be crucial, there’s some right herberts in those lower leagues.

Sky Blue Pete

Jack Burroughs was excellent at left wing back yesterday. Tall and well built too. On one game he would be my bet for the first team first. I remember Rowe did well at right back last pre season but didn’t get a look in though

SlowerThanPlatt

Eccles is quite impressive, can be trusted to drop into different positions seamlessly, rarely seen him have a bad game at any level.

Ryan Howley is only 17 and I suspect is a while of the first team, he will go back into the 23s, being around senior players will have done his development no end of good

larry_david

Eccles is quite impressive, can be trusted to drop into different positions seamlessly, rarely seen him have a bad game at any level.

Ryan Howley is only 17 and I suspect is a while of the first team, he will go back into the 23s, being around senior players will have done his development no end of good
Yeah didn't really notice Howley when he came on. But the second half was tough for everyone.

Didn't notice Allen for the whole game for example.

Esoterica

I was quite disappointed with Bapaga yesterday. Still looked dangerous and exciting with the ball at feet when given the time to turn and drive at players but didn't think his all-round game had improved much from the last time I saw him and looked too weak with his back to goal. Different types of player but reminded me a bit of Hiwula who could also only play in one direction.

steve101

Eccles has real quality. From what I have seen he is as good or better than Sheaf, so I would expect him to feature more this year. He never seems to get flustered but at the same time is not nonchalant. Burroughs energy and pace impressed me but agree he needs to find his position. Useful on the bench due to his versatility. Drysdale may have to step up if we don't get a few defenders in. Morgan and Thompson no longer at the club so lacking depth. Rose's injury issues is a worry too.
Bapaga I hope will be used more. His pace will trouble teams. Useful from the bench when defenders start to tire. Shame Josh Reid didn't feature. It would be good to see how he fairs at LWB.

fatso

Eccles is a managers dream, he is so versatile and level headed that he's virtually guaranteed a place on the bench at least.
I thought Bapaga might break through this season, but the arrival of Bright and the return to fitness of Jones might mean he has to go out on loan.
Burroughs might get some minutes, and Reid is close at the moment purely out of necessity (until we get the loans in)
I cant see any one else knocking on the managers door to be honest.

djr8369

Howley is a beast for 17

Liquid Gold

Every mention of Eccles talks of his versatility. I hope we don’t ruin him by constantly playing him out of position in crucial development years. It’s good that he can fill in but the majority of his game time should come at CDM.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Eccles. With James and Walsh going elsewhere I think he'll be far more involved this year.

Others I think could make do well are J Burroughs, Drysdale, N'Gandu and Bapaga but most likely on loan.

Covstu

I think Tavares has got great talent but with the glut of forward players at the moment I’m not sure he will get much of a look in this year. Agree Eccles has the best chance on pushing the 1st team

Skybluedownunder

I think Tavares has got great talent but with the glut of forward players at the moment I’m not sure he will get much of a look in this year. Agree Eccles has the best chance on pushing the 1st team

Have you seen much of Tavares play? I’ve not seen anything of him to pass comment but intrigued to hear your thoughts if you’ve seen him play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baldy

Have you seen much of Tavares play? I’ve not seen anything of him to pass comment but intrigued to hear your thoughts if you’ve seen him play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen Tavares play but only a couple of times on YouTube - their version of More Than A Woman is ok though

Users who are viewing this thread