Surely we can find someone better than Bakayoko (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Amazed our very own Mr Hopkins aka Danny Thomas has not commented - then again bravery isn’t his strong point is it

cov donkey kick

How many times does it need saying that it isn’t as simple as ‘get rid, use the wages elsewhere’’? Getting rid requires either a team that wants him and are prepared to take over his existing contract, or paying off his contract. First one won’t happen, second one leaves us in the same financial position with fewer players. What would be the point?
I get what your saying but if he doesn't contribute every time he's on the pitch he's dead wood so that's as bad. Can only hope that his contract finishes end of this season as don't think he'd make a national league striker.

Skybluedownunder

When we were close to signing him it was out of us and Bristol Rovers, I even messaged him on insta saying pleaseeeee join Bristol Rovers pretending to be one of their fans cause I knew he was garbage.... couldn’t even get that right! Haha

Worst player I’ve seen in a cov shirt that’s managed to stay in the building for 3 years! Normally Robins is quite ruthless with signings if they aren’t up to it like Ogogo, Kasta & Junior Brown but this prick keeps getting chances and a fucking contract extension!

I mean come on, in what serious world would fans give a player a song about singing scoring 20 goals as a piss take and being offside and he actually fucking enjoys the song! Surely management must be like hmmm these fans are taking the piss here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyThomas_1981

Amazed our very own Mr Hopkins aka Danny Thomas has not commented - then again bravery isn’t his strong point is it

Hello Grendel - always lovely to get a mention from you!

Didn't get to see today's game but thanks for checking in on my wellbeing.

But even if I had seen the game, I don't see it as a productive use of anyone's time to berate/deride our 4th choice striker who played up front alone for 20 minutes - in a week where Robins has stated he's looking to bring in a forward. It's a totally pointless thread and a complete waste of time.

Admittedly though not as pointless as someone calling for a taxi for Robins every season.....now what was that Moron's name again....began with a G or something like that.....?

Good night Grendel.

Last edited:

rob9872

Toby fayre his best spell was when he had his tonypail, I think all he needs to do is grow it back and he'll be good again.

TM8792

I’d keep Baka on for the rest of his career purely for those two late goals at Charlton a few years back. Get him on the coaching team when he retires after as well.

johnwillomagic

Think Baka knows the writing is on the wall for him at end of the season personally and given how little chance he has had plus abuse he takes I think his confidence and probably morale is at an all time low.

Personally do not count being bought on up top on own when 2-0 down with 20 mins to go against top of Championship Norwich as a "chance"!

I like him personally but he has let himself down a bit when he did get the limited chances he has had this season.
We will not renew his contract that I am sure of but I wish him luck and will support and not abuse him the remaining limited chances he has on the pitch till the end of the season.

If we sign a forward he will not get much game time as we will likely play one up top and he will be behind new striker and Max as well as Walker & Godden when back from injury - can't see him getting that many minutes unless Max gets injured anyhow now.

Grendel

Think Baka knows the writing is on the wall for him at end of the season personally and given how little chance he has had plus abuse he takes I think his confidence and probably morale is at an all time low.

Personally do not count being bought on up top on own when 2-0 down with 20 mins to go against top of Championship Norwich as a "chance"!

I like him personally but he has let himself down a bit when he did get the limited chances he has had this season.
We will not renew his contract that I am sure of but I wish him luck and will support and not abuse him the remaining limited chances he has on the pitch till the end of the season.

If we sign a forward he will not get much game time as we will likely play one up top and he will be behind new striker and Max as well as Walker & Godden when back from injury - can't see him getting that many minutes unless Max gets injured anyhow now.

He doesn’t get any abuse - there has been more negativity aimed even at o hare and Shipley is all but written off when his name is on the team sheet and before the game even starts.

cc84cov

He doesn’t get any abuse - there has been more negativity aimed even at o hare and Shipley is all but written off when his name is on the team sheet and before the game even starts.
G did you seee Shipley yesterday ? How many times did he give up ? His body language was shocking,surprised robins left him on tbh

Adge

When we were close to signing him it was out of us and Bristol Rovers, I even messaged him on insta saying pleaseeeee join Bristol Rovers pretending to be one of their fans cause I knew he was garbage.... couldn’t even get that right! Haha

Worst player I’ve seen in a cov shirt that’s managed to stay in the building for 3 years! Normally Robins is quite ruthless with signings if they aren’t up to it like Ogogo, Kasta & Junior Brown but this prick keeps getting chances and a fucking contract extension!

I mean come on, in what serious world would fans give a player a song about singing scoring 20 goals as a piss take and being offside and he actually fucking enjoys the song! Surely management must be like hmmm these fans are taking

The club didn’t really help themselves here and poured fuel on the fire by giving him the no 20 shirt when the squad numbers were announced. That kind of undermined him for me before a ball had been kicked.

SBT

I tipped Baka as a surprise package this year but looks like I was well wide of the mark.
I'd honestly have Pontechelli back in place of him. At least he's got a strikers instinct even.if he's got a miners physique

Zero goals in eight Conference games for Pontichelli this season. I think I’d pass.

johnwillomagic

What Grendel is stating is ludicrous particularly in the case of O'Hare,,,,,,Baka gets far more abuse and no praise.

O'Hare is adored so people criticising rightly criticising him for poor chance conversion get mocked, called clueless etc..etc,,,
when the reality is his chance conversion is crap and needs to be highlighted and improved upon particularly at Championship Level.

Shipley and O'Hare also play a lot more and have had vastly more minutes on the pitch than Baka therefore obviously there performances are subject to analysis and criticism more then Baka as he's hardly played! 🤷‍♂️:rolleyes:

clint van damme

What Grendel is stating is ludicrous particularly in the case of O'Hare,,,,,,Baka gets far more abuse and no praise.

O'Hare is adored so people criticising rightly criticising him for poor chance conversion get mocked, called clueless etc..etc,,,
when the reality is his chance conversion is crap and needs to be highlighted and improved upon particularly at Championship Level.

Shipley and O'Hare also play a lot more and have had vastly more minutes on the pitch than Baka therefore obviously there performances are subject to analysis and criticism more then Baka as he's hardly played! 🤷‍♂️:rolleyes:

I don't think anyone has mocked anyone for saying O'Hares chance conversion rate is poor.
We can all see that it is.
It's people saying it will lead to him ending up back in L1 and put's him on a par with Luke Thomas that people are calling out.

Grendel

Biamou plays a lot more as well - fluffs his lines time and time again and people make excuses

As I’ve said at least his tried to improve and adjust his game and could at least now get a contract in lower league 1 or league 2.

Bakayoko is not playing as he’s useless and whenever he does he shows why he isn’t.

Like Burge he’s stealing a living and it’s mugs like me who are paying for it

johnwillomagic

I think tbf Grendel people have been critical of Max too myself included but yep I sort of get your point some posters find it hard to level criticism at him at all but playing devil's advocate you criticise those posters but seem very similar tbf when it comes to criticism of O'Hare?

johnwillomagic

I agree Biamou & Baka not championship level really - attributes wise Baka should have done far better with what he's got he will look back and regret it later in life I'm sure!

I had Baka over Biamou at the start I admit but now Biamou has earned the right to be above Baka and I hope Biamou makes most of his chance in next few weeks for sake of the team.

cc84cov

I think tbf Grendel people have been critical of Max too myself included but yep I sort of get your point some posters find it hard to level criticism at him at all but playing devil's advocate you criticise those posters but seem very similar tbf when it comes to criticism of O'Hare?
Probably as max has over achieved and looks ok at times at the level he had chances yesterday didn’t score but hit the target

Skybluedownunder

Let’s face it though, Biamou cost us £50k and came from Sutton Utd so our expectation was lower, O’Hare was offered to stay at Villa and at least gave us a very good half a season and we begged him to join, Baka however cost us up to the fee of £300k and we’ve never had a good run out of him, it’s more we didn’t get nowhere near our monies worth from Baka ever! Hence more abuse

PVA

I've said it countless times and I'll say it again.

People have massively overly high expectations of our 4th choice striker.

There are barely any teams in this division who have 4 championship level strikers, so of course the newly promoted team with the second lowest budget does not have 4 championship level strikers.

Grendel

I've said it countless times and I'll say it again.

People have massively overly high expectations of our 4th choice striker.

There are barely any teams in this division who have 4 championship level strikers, so of course the newly promoted team with the second lowest budget does not have 4 championship level strikers.

We have two and he started off as third choice

Grendel

Yes we have two. Like most teams in this league.

So why be overly critical of our 3rd/4th choice striker when we simply can't afford to 4 strikers good enough at this level?

most teams don’t just have two as many oddly play two at one time and also most have a decent actual target man. Robins said a 33 year old was the biggest handful our defenders have contended with the other week but we have powder puff target man who are useless in a striker sense.

Grendel

PVA

most teams don’t just have two as many oddly play two at one time and also most have a decent actual target man. Robins said a 33 year old was the biggest handful our defenders have contended with the other week but we have powder puff target man who are useless in a striker sense.

I'm not saying most teams have two strikers.

I'm saying most teams might have two championship level strikers but very few have 4 championship strikers. In fact, have any?

Grendel

I'm not saying most teams have two strikers.

I'm saying most teams might have two championship level strikers but very few have 4 championship strikers. In fact, have any?

We don’t have any with any championship experience and we offered the joker a new deal which was an error of judgement - it’s known we tried to force biamou out and now he’s the primary striker

PVA

We don’t have any with any championship experience and we offered the joker a new deal which was an error of judgement - it’s known we tried to force biamou out and now he’s the primary striker

Right, but that's completely missing the point I was making.

steve cooper

I think Baka has just about given up, look at the game against Charlton in October 2018, he came on with a few minutes to go and got 2 goals and 3 points for us. Charlton finished 3rd, so were no mugs. He just doesn't seem to have the determination or spirit needed to succeed.
Compare that to Biamou who is really a non-league footballer who has managed to improve his game to the level of league football, and wouldn't be out of place in a decent L1 side despite his lack of goals.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Rubbish - Shipley gets the worst abuse on here by a mile

He got a lot of criticism for his performance on Sat because it seemed bereft of effort. He's been questioned as to whether he's good enough to play at this level and his tendency to bottle challenges. But he also has a lot of support from those who say how young he still is and is adapting to a higher level.

Others have been questioned too.
Dacosta was getting loads after his truly awful start to Saturday's game
Allen has been questioned as to whether he's good enough in many games he's featured in this season.
baka has had how he doesn't use his clear athletic ability to anywhere near its potential and his decision making/'footballing brain'
Hilssner has been written off by some despite not even playing yet
Some have even expressed concerns about Walker, esp in the lone role, Sheaf gets mistakes pointed out straight away, Hyam recently dropped off, as did Rose after his sending off when returning not fully fit. Fadz got loads for his giving away penalties. Giles and his defensive abilities.

Recently the question has been asked about O'Hare and his effectiveness in the final third and esp his ability to convert chances. These are legitimate questions. It's not calling him shit/lazy or that he should be got rid off - it's pointing out areas where he could improve. Yet immediately you sprang to his defence and in no surprise to anyone your immediate target was Biamou missing 4 chances.

What is clear is that you have favourites and scapegoats and your judgement is clouded by those preconceived conceptions.

stevefloyd

Baka seems as though he doesn't know where he is supposed to be playing, he will see the ball go somewhere and then you can almost see him think Oh I will run over there, he doesn't play off the opposing teams defenders, he doesn't worry other teams defenders and he doesn't create or get many if any chances, never mind Baka giving up its like Robins has given up when he puts him on...Of late he offers absolutely nothing when he is on the pitch, now thats not down to lack of ability entirely its down to him himself not even trying to make the most of his physique or limited skills he has

Skybluedownunder

I laugh at all the fans that said ohhh he will be better in the championship, the playing style suits his game Nah he’s just wank and should have been released. At least Shipley gets us the odd goal here and there, scores more goals each season than Baka!

Users who are viewing this thread