Surely we can find someone better than Bakayoko (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Oddly I hardly start threads about individual players but if that’s the best the guy can do when he must know his career is on the line - well it’s a shocker

People say we have no budget. We may as well take a punt on a national league player if that’s the case. It’s pretty embarrassing when an 18 year old whose not even a striker looks more likely

Dreadful signing - absurd decision to extend - goodbye

Grendel

I have defended him the post and thought maybe he's got enough natural ability to perhaps get better and surprise us.

My view has changed, he is not good enough and never will be. Hard worker but does not have the strikers mindset to benefit from his physicality

You’d think today he’d have really put himself into it against a lacklustre Norwich who were coasting but he’s going backwards.

The Walsall fans summed him up really. I guess hiwula was on more money but surely they could have tried to work on any attitude issues as he was a better player

cc84cov

bapaga is better and he’s a kid,I don’t think Baka will in game by the time he’s 30 he’s a con artist who should be charged and convicted of fraud

Further more why did robins keep him 🤣

Brighton Sky Blue

You’d think today he’d have really put himself into it against a lacklustre Norwich who were coasting but he’s going backwards.

The Walsall fans summed him up really. I guess hiwula was on more money but surely they could have tried to work on any attitude issues as he was a better player

Agree with that, given the choice I'd have preferred Hiwulla also. Gnanduillet probably is the best bet for the type of striker we seem to want

fernandopartridge

Yes, Hiwula was much better with at least a striker's instinct. The funny thing about Baka is that he doesn't really miss chances so rarely does he get them. If Robins attempts to coach him haven't worked in two years by now they never will.

rob9872

Agree he doesn't look up to the level, but unfair to judge him on today's game. Came on with 20 to go, up front on his own at 2-0 down with not much around him. I'd love him to do well, but I think it's time to move on now.

TomRad85

Oddly I hardly start threads about individual players but if that’s the best the guy can do when he must know his career is on the line - well it’s a shocker

People say we have no budget. We may as well take a punt on a national league player if that’s the case. It’s pretty embarrassing when an 18 year old whose not even a striker looks more likely

You are correct, almost certainly better strikers in league 2 than would cost relative peanuts, including Adebayo, also of Walsall.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Magwitch

It makes the acquisition of another striker imperative Robins can’t risk going into what will be the business end of the season with just Max and Baka with Godden out for upto three months that’s most of the rest of the season and know sign of Walker coming back yet.

cc84cov

It makes the acquisition of another striker imperative Robins can’t risk going into what will be the business end of the season with just Max and Baka with Godden out for upto three months that’s most of the rest of the season and know sign of Walker coming back yet.
We know

Hobo

His contract was extended (probably due to our limited budget) but it runs out in the summer and he will be gone. You make it sound like he is under contract for the next 3 years?

Adge

Agree he doesn't look up to the level, but unfair to judge him on today's game. Came on with 20 to go, up front on his own at 2-0 down with not much around him. I'd love him to do well, but I think it's time to move on now.
I think he’s judging him on the time he’s been here!

TM8792

He’s a bit part player. The more pressing concern is that we have a player starting almost every match in Callum O’Hare who stops functioning within 25 yards of the opposition goal.

Fergusons_Beard

Tbh apart from Godden we really haven’t got a clinical finisher. Walkers a work in progress and will get better but a shut shame he’s injured.

Ffs we were up against a 19 year old 3rd choice keeper and we barely tested him.

All of our shots made him look good by being saveable. Made him look like a world beater!

Trouble is who the fuck do we get in who would be any better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

D

Deleted member 11652

He’s a bit part player. The more pressing concern is that we have a player starting almost every match in Callum O’Hare who stops functioning within 25 yards of the opposition goal.

have you joined up just to slag him off? Not you behind that Twitter account is it?

SBAndy

I have defended him the post and thought maybe he's got enough natural ability to perhaps get better and surprise us.

My view has changed, he is not good enough and never will be. Hard worker but does not have the strikers mindset to benefit from his physicality

I’d possibly dispute the hard worker tag as well. Maybe on the pitch he does a bit of closing down, but given he’s barely improved one iota since coming in I’d be concerned over what he spends his training time doing.

Jamesimus

What we could really do with is the medical team pulling their finger out and transplanting Matty Godden's brain into Baka's head.

Adge

The same as everyone else then!

rob9872

I think he’s judging him on the time he’s been here!
Thanks for clearing that up.

Of course it's on his time here and I agreed, I actually said time to move on. I only mentioned unfair on today's game as the post appeared straight after the game and not on any other days. He was out of his depth before today and that 20 mins without help has no bearing on it.

no_loyalty

How many shots on goal has he actually had this season?, I don’t remember many.

stay_up_skyblues

In his appearances this season he has offered nothing. You can’t even really say he has bust a guy to close down or drawn defenders away to open up for others. He literally may as well not be on the pitch. He will do well to get a league club when he leaves.

I am struggling to remember a more ineffective forward during my time watching the City.

The above said, but for shit luck with injuries to our first and second choice strikers at the same time, he would be getting nowhere near the pitch. Particularly as we play one up top. There can’t be many, if any, clubs at this level with a decent fourth choice striker.

Hertsccfc

O'Hare is one of our best players. Yes I would like him to score more but his overall contribution is amazing. Part of problem is the lack of support for O'Hare in forward positions.

How can you say he is a concern when we are talking about Bakayoko?

CovUpNorth

Robins needs to admit that he made a shite signing in Bakayoko, some you win some you lose, but this has been his worst signing by miles.

Last edited:

Malaka

I do a little coaching. I have a player, bless him, I have to play him, but I would really be better of with 10 men on the pitch than have him fuck everything up we try to do. Bakayoko is one of those players

Users who are viewing this thread