Surely SISU are to blame for this? (1 Viewer)

6 Generations

Fuck me. I read some rubbish on here - admittedly usually before I press SUBMIT - but this is absolute bollocks. How anyone can pin this on SISU is beyond me.

Yes, i read some absolute nonsense on here also. I did not in any way suggest this scenario in any other war than 'straw clutching'.

I am not pinning anything on anybody.

But i clearly heard Mark Robins pledge his long term commitment to CCFC and now it appears that things have suddenly changed.

It is, of course worth considering that the Board of Coventry City, in recent years, have never let down or deceived the fans!!!

torchomatic

Why do any of them want to leave? Players or managers? More money usually.

That is the puzzle. He seemed really happy and said he was going nowhere.

He only left Barnsley after falling out with the board, so it is rational to think he may have fallen out with the board here too. If so, over what?

We cannot say categorically that it is all down to Robins and by the same token, we also cannot say Sisu are blameless. We simply do not know what has gone on at the club[/QUOTE]

Otis

Probably right Torch.

My point is, no-one on here knows what has gone on or whether there are any arguments etc.

We simply don't know. Maybe Robins felt he wasn't being backed, maybe it is all just about money, who knows. An awful lot of conclusion jumping on here though and lots of people totally slating Robins and the bloke hasn't even gone yet and if he does, we will still have to see what both sides say on the matter to try and make sense of it.

Probably still be none the wiser then either.

torchomatic

I can't see how he can say he wasn't being back. He's signed a shedload - including one today.

Flying Fokker

I think retaining Mark Robins is more important at this stage although the academy is very important of course.

Otis

I can't see how he can say he wasn't being back. He's signed a shedload - including one today.

He signed 4 when he came in.

Who's to say he wasn't promised more in the January window?

None of us know do we!! Which is my exact point, Too much second guessing on here.

MR always came across as a very honest individual to me when I heard him. I am most interested to hear his take on this.

Something seems to have changed since a few weeks ago. None of us know what that is.

We can all guess of course, but none of us know the truth.

Flying Fokker

None of us know do we!! Which is my exact point, Too much second guessing on here.

MR always came across as a very honest individual to me when I heard him. I am most interested to hear his take on this.

Something seems to have changed since a few weeks ago. None of us know what that is.

Conspiracy.

dongonzalos

Why do any of them want to leave? Players or managers? More money usually.

That is the puzzle. He seemed really happy and said he was going nowhere.

He only left Barnsley after falling out with the board, so it is rational to think he may have fallen out with the board here too. If so, over what?

We cannot say categorically that it is all down to Robins and by the same token, we also cannot say Sisu are blameless. We simply do not know what has gone on at the club
[/QUOTE]

If and this is just IMO MR had complete confidence in SISU.

Having saw the Ricoh packed the other day.

If he knew he would be financially backed next season or in the remainder of the loan window.

IMO he will choose Coventry.

He wants to find out what Huddersfield can offer.

I don't think it will be just about his own personal wages.

If we don't fully back him the summer and he looks like he will fall short of the top six by Christmas you can bet your bottom dollar SISU will sack him, despite not fully backing him.

If Huddersfield say come to us this will be your transfer kitty. He will go for it.

Maybe our owners did convince him and once he chats to Huddersfield he will still choose us.

However if he doesn't personally I don't blame him I don't think SISU can be trusted.

philmcc

COVENTRY CITY IN NOT BEING ABLE TO HANG ONTO THEIR BEST PEOPLE SHOCK!!....just another day in football hell

grego_gee

Oh FFS! here we go again, its SISU's fault!!!!

They BLOCKED the approach but Robins and his team requested to see Huddersfield. They cannot do much about a manager who wants out!!!

I am not a fan of SISU but you cannot stick this on them!

Well maybe you can't blame SISU for wanting him to go....
but maybe you can blame them for him not wanting to stay.... He knows a lot more about the situation than we do!
if he jumps ship its a dubious jump to make... they are near the bottom of the championship and we are trying to get near the top of L1.
If he goes it doesn't say a lot of his confidence of us getting up there, he seems to be more confident of stopping them from dropping down here!
maybe he's right! but he's risking a lot. He'd feel pretty stupid if we got up and he dropped down!
:pimp:

Last edited:

Delboycov

I just hope we get the facts though so we're able to aportion blame etc...I'm as anti SISU as anyone on here but got a feeling this is just another example of words meaning nothing in football...and also the greed and lack of loyalty that blights the game. I agree with you that MR comes across as a decent,principled,honest guy and that's been really refreshing so to think that only days after saying he was going nowhere and how he had sky blue blood now he'd jump ship on the only club to take a chance on him after only 5 months would be very disappointing. If he doesn't dish any behind the scenes dirt tomorrow is it ok to call him a greedy,lying,plumpish tosser then? ;-)

Otis

It all seems so odd though.

He was being linked with every Tom, Dick and Harry a few weeks ago and firmly stood his ground and said he was going nowhere and that he loved it here.

Are you telling me all those other clubs linked with him wouldn't have paid him more money? Of course they would. So why not go then? Why not go to any of the many others he was linked with?

It's gone from him loving it here, going nowhere and having Sky Blue blood in his veins to being interested in the Huddersfield job in one single day.

Huddersfield approached us Tuesday. Robins declared himself interested Wednesday.

Why Huddersfield and none of the other Championship clubs who were after him?

For me it seems like something changed. Fallout? Disagreement? Un-kept promises? Or just pure greed?

If pure greed, then why not any of the other clubs after him previously?

If it is the latter then he indeed does deserve flak, after saying how loyal he was to this club and that he was going nowhere and here for the long haul.

I wait with baited breath to see if he leaves and if he does, what he has to say on the matter.

Last edited:

Snozz_is_god

I have been a member of this forum for many years and rarely post. Read what i said in the post. It might be 'precious' of Mr Robins to react in that way. I do not state this a fact, merely as a possibility.

It is a point of view to which i am entitled .

How can MR suddenly walk away, having pledged himself to our club.

Do not insult me, while you continue to post supportive propaganda for the faceless entity which has been solely responsible for the demise of my club for the last 5 years.

6 Generations, this football club has been in demise for a lot longer than 5 years, I'd say a least 15 years probably more like 20, all I can say is you must have a very short memory.

CCFC rejected the initial bid, eventually they were forced to consider it, presumably because Robins forced the issue. sadly there is not a lot the football club could do once he's made his mind up.

Grendel

It all seems so odd though.

He was being linked with every Tom, Dick and Harry a few weeks ago and firmly stood his ground and said he was going nowhere and that he loved it here.

Are you telling me all those other clubs linked with him wouldn't have paid him more money? Of course they would. So why not go then? What not go to any of the many others he was linked with?

It's gone from him loving it here, going nowhere and having Sky Blue blood in his veins to being interested in the Huddersfield job in one single day.

Huddersfield approached us Tuesday. Robins declared himself interested Wednesday.

Why Huddersfield and none of the other Championship clubs who were after him?

For me it seems like something changed. Fallout? Disagreement? Un-kept promises? Or just pure greed?

If pure greed, then why not any of the other clubs after him previously?

If it is the latter then he indeed does deserve flak, after saying how loyal he was to this club and that he was going nowhere and here for the long haul.

I wait with baited breath to see if he leaves and if he does, what he has to say on the matter.

The only other club definitely interested was Doncaster. They would have offered less money in all probability.

I'm afraid he has form and will put spin on it. He almost certainly has been tapped up. He new the score.

Otis

The only other club definitely interested was Doncaster. They would have offered less money in all probability.

I'm afraid he has form and will put spin on it. He almost certainly has been tapped up. He new the score.

Why would Doncaster have offered less?

Covstu

well if his agent has anything to do with it, he would have know what Donny would have offered and told Hudderfield to beat it.

RoboCCFC90

I don't understand how people are putting the blame at SISU for Mark Robins imminent departure, it doesn't even sound like Huddersfield have met the rumoured release clause sum that has been written into the managers contract, if Mark Robins leaves (Which I for one hope he stays) it will be on his terms and instigated mainly by Robins and his Representatives.. While Huddersfield knock one off over there own tapping up skills..

Flying Fokker

Nothing to do with SISU then?

Slippery owners who always seem to get us in the media one way or another. Sad

Otis

We simply do not know!!

Our owners have a history here. Dowie and Boothroyd both said they were promised money and that it never materialised.

I'm not saying Sisu are to blame here, I am saying we simply do not know the reason for MR leaving. Could be greed, could be fallout, could be unfulfilled promises, who knows!!!

We cannot say Sisu are to blame, we cannot say they are not to blame.

Hopefully it will all come out in the wash. MR seems an honest man, so if it was just pure greed I would expect him to come out and say that he moved due to better prospects.

RoboCCFC90

We simply do not know!!

Our owners have a history here. Dowie and Boothroyd both said they were promised money and that it never materialised.

I'm not saying Sisu are to blame here, I am saying we simply do not know the reason for MR leaving. Could be greed, could be fallout, could be unfulfilled promises, who knows!!!

Hopefully it will all come out in the wash. MR seems an honest man, so if it was just pure greed I would expect him to come out and say that he moved due to better prospects.

Or maybe for personnal reasons as we all know his family was settled in Yorkshire, he could move back to Yorkshire with his family and put his kids back into there old school, that's dependant on if they ever left, but the club seemed to put up a good stance on this but looks like Robins has pushed this through..

6 Generations

6 Generations, this football club has been in demise for a lot longer than 5 years, I'd say a least 15 years probably more like 20, all I can say is you must have a very short memory.

CCFC rejected the initial bid, eventually they were forced to consider it, presumably because Robins forced the issue. sadly there is not a lot the football club could do once he's made his mind up.
My memory is excellent.

My post refers to the continued demise over the last 5 years and 2 months at the hands SISU.

I am also fully aware that my club and the supporters of it had been shafted for at least 10 years prior.

dongonzalos

We simply do not know!!

Good post, I hope he is allowed to talk.

All previous managers over the last 5 years have cited the owners as the reason for the demise of the club.

Maybe this is the first one with a different perspective

However my gut feeling says not

dongonzalos

Outside of the immediate concerns, Hoyle is developing a new state-of-the-art training complex and is keen to develop – similar to City – what he calls a “one club” philosophy with a productive academy and development squad providing a conveyor belt of young talent to the first team.

On a more personal level, with money seemingly no object, Town would easily be able to double, if not treble, Robins’s modest salary and provide the relative security of a club on a sound financial footing with spending power, compared to cash-strapped City whose future is far from certain or secure.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...ke-terriers-job-92746-32800641/#ixzz2Klie5IrD

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
any one hear the huddersfield match commentator interviewed this morning on CWR ?. Even he was surprised.

He couldnt see on the face of it how Huddersfield were a better option based on the crowds we get and how we have been doing. Said HTFC couldnt even get 31k fans in their ground for a cup game and the JPT crowd showed the fan potential at CCFC. But he did point out that Huddersfield were financially secure and backed by an entrepeneur, money no problem. Recent history he felt gave CCFC a higher profile, but HTFC had a solid base and structure that CCFC does not appear to have. Hoped that at some point the directors of CCFC would make things clear (that will be a first !). Said that in reality the agents had been working on this prior to the formal approach so the deal was almost done when official approach made. Said he understood CCFC fans anger because what we know just didnt seem to make a lot of sense. Wanted to know the reasons why MR would jump ship - seemed to imply it wasnt just about money.

dongonzalos

Wish they paid that rent when that deal was offered.

If that was paid, this season no one would have been talking about us as a club with financial uncertainty

dongonzalos

COVENTRY City are today looking for their 12th manager in just under 11 years after seemingly losing their battle to hold on to Mark Robins.

The club initially rejected Huddersfield Town’s approach to speak to the Sky Blues boss and spent most of Tuesday trying to convince him to stay.

Sisu boss Joy Seppala joined chief executive Tim Fisher and development director Steve Waggott in a vain attempt to convince him to continue with the project he started less than five months ago when he took over from the sacked Andy Thorn.

But late last night the Terriers released a statement confirming that they had reached an agreement with City and been granted permission to speak to the 43-year-old.

That was confirmed shortly afterwards by Coventry who insisted they had “with great reluctance” allowed Robins to speak to the Championship club, who last night beat Leicester City to book a fifth-round place in the FA Cup against Premier League Wigan.

Robins then held talks with Town chiefs last night with a view to agreeing terms and is expected to be unveiled as their new boss in the next 24 hours, leaving City managerless to face Bury at the weekend with the likelihood that Lee Carsley will take temporary charge, possibly with the assistance of Academy boss Gregor Rioch.

The writing was already on the wall when Robins cleared his desk at Ryton on Tuesday while first team coach Steve Taylor and performance coach Darren Robinson said their goodbyes, the pair both expecting to make up Robins’s backroom staff at the John Smith’s Stadium.

Despite efforts to convince him otherwise, Robins informed City that he wished to explore the possibility of joining the West Yorkshire club.

Walking out on the club is a huge blow to the fans who have watched him lift the Sky Blues from joint bottom of League One to within shouting distance of the play-offs and close to a Wembley appearance in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy.

Tim Fisher said: “We have had more than one club interested in Mark in the last few weeks and we have made every effort to ensure he stays with us.

“We talked to him at length today and he met the owner. Once we had done everything we could and it was obvious that he was still interested in talking to Huddersfield, we had no choice other than to let him do so.

“We are just hoping that when he weighs up his options and opportunities, he will see the great progress to date and the support he has from fans and management alike, coupled with the potential in Coventry, and decide to stay.”

Although Robins was at Ryton yesterday he did not take training and suspicions were roused that he was considering his future when he cancelled a pre-arranged meeting with the Telegraph at the training ground minutes before the appointment.

Robins was asked about speculation linking him with Town and Blackpool last Thursday when he insisted he was, “more than happy as manager of Coventry City,” and revealed that he had spoken to the board and owner about plans for the future the day before.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...oss-in-11-years-92746-32800509/#ixzz2Kljaepi6

jimmyhillsfanclub

Personally I think everyone is seriously over-analysing what appears to me to be a straightforward decision......

....Robins (by modern standards) missed the gravy train as a player & has had relatively low profile low paid managerial posts so far.....

...Hes got a chance to dramatically increase his salary, whilst plying his trade at a higher level with more resources available....

....On balance....I think I'd want to talk to Huddersfield too.....wouldn't you?

Cheerio Mark robins....

Next....:whistle:

Otis

You sure about that? John Sillett has been on CWR this morning and said Blackpool made an approach too.

TommyAtkins

How on earth can SISU write a contract that means that Robins is even talking to these clubs? It must be big money if they let him go.

If by some miracle he turns them down we should get him signed up for a longer period.

You understand that Robins and his agent insisted upon the release clause, as a condition of him joining the club.....

You understand you can't force people to sign contracts.....in the same way, Westwood refused to sign a new contract.

Stevearcade

Yeah, Blackpool have renewed they're intention. I think Mark could be playing the Udders against Blackpool to get the best deal possible. And to be honest, I could understand him wanting to move to Blackpool. They're recent history is quite a romantic one with continued punching above their weight in the premiership etc. I could see that being an attraction to recreate such success from a modest team.

Users who are viewing this thread