Supporting the team is not supporting the owners. (1 Viewer)

usskyblue

Why can't there be a distinction?

This has nothing to do with SP and the lads.

procdoc

Can't you see that following Tim Fisher in his hair-brained scheme shows that they can get away with treating the fans with utter contempt? I know some want to sweep this bullshit under the carpet and watch the football regardless but that is even more damaging in the long term. What if we never return to Coventry?

Sterling Archer

I'll put this in here because it'll get lost in the other pages of the other thread which is moving at a million miles an hour:

Only on this forum can fans be chastised for going to the games to support the team that is on the pitch.

Am I happy about the situation? No. Do I want SISU out and another company given a chance to stop the rot and improve us on and off the pitch? Yes. Do I still want to spend my Saturdays watching Coventry City play on a rectangular piece of grass? Yes. For those reasons, I am in a pickle as to what to do this season. However the minute I get chastised by some spotty little internet warriors on here who spend all the time "trying to prove how great a fan they are", I'll stop giving a sh*t about what they and my fellow fans think.

The melodrama on this forum is unfortunately a sign of the age we live in where social media leads to exacerbation and two huge extremes to the left and right of any debate/argument. which is quite frankly wrong.

If you think a few thousand fans going to home games at Northampton is going to make the slightest bit of difference in this debate then you are sadly mistaken.

If I do eventually decide not to go to make some sort of misguided stand then don't expect me to come on here proclaiming anyone who does go as some sort of demon or SISU employee, in the same vein do not expect me to claim I am a better fan because I'm making a protest.

I look forward to being called Joy Seppala's toyboy rent boy lover by the usual shouty idiots on here who fail to offer reasoned debate.

This site and its posters are losing sight and track of the point of being a football fan and has turned this place into a willy waving match as to who thinks they are better than the other due to action x over action z. Some of you need to grow up and realise, we are all on the same side, supporting our football team, through thick and thin.​

usskyblue

What if they build a stadium in Cov?

You burn your bridges if you want to. I ain't stopping you.

procdoc

What if they build a stadium in Cov?

You burn your bridges if you want to. I ain't stopping you.

And what if they don't? No one is burning any bridges. People can choose to stay away if they want just as much as you choose to go and watch us in a tin pot league 2 shed.

FatGaz

I have took a kick-in over this on twitter today, saying that I would follow City anywhere to watch them - Northampton or Quinton Park I aint bothered! I just want to watch the City every week - be it a Sunday or not, but don't expect to have my intelligence questioned over it.

I am NOT a Sisu fan, I am not anti-ACL - I AM A COVENTRY CITY FAN

James Smith

I support the team not the owners and they won't be getting another penny of my money. If I can get to an away game I'll be there shouting myself hoarse but I'm not going to Northampton for a home match.

bigfatronssba

If you want to go then go. I couldn't care less, the club is finished now anyway. Enjoy watching its slow death.

covcity4life

no issue with people going or not.

i think council have forced sisu out but at same time see that sisu are shit owners and hard to negotiate with and seem hell bent on leaving cov

so i wouldnt want them to think this ground share is a success either, less fans will show that.

hill83

There is a distinction, I've been arguing this for months.
But I'm not going to Northampton out of principle.

It's as simple as that for me really.
Away games only.

You make a good point. I heard Carl Baker on CWR this morning and he isn't happy with playing out of Coventry. Steven Pressley stated it was less than ideal and showed concern for the fans, something his employers have failed to do!

I and thousands of others are mightily pissed off with Sisu, but the players and manager have to give their all next season working within constraints not of their own making. Deep down how pissed off do you think they feel? And yet we expect them to give their all and carry on regardless. After all they've been shafted too.

Users who are viewing this thread