Supporters forum Tuesday 30th August (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Well I do have an idea as incredibly you're not the only person to have met Joy.

Well there isn't any point in talking to Joy. In well over a decade her attitudes or position hasn't in one bit changed - regardless of how much you think she's now a supporter - and the opinions of a run of the mill fan is hardly going to cause a perennial attitude shift or influence her opinion.

She's incredibly calculated and will manipulate people to get on board with her narrative and line of thinking. I've seen it first hand with a number of personal contacts of mine, one of which was actually close to becoming a board member 5-6 years ago, and are worse off for even associating themselves with her.

I haven't said only CCFC were involved. Wasps were clearly desperate for the return to happen as well as they were losing money hand over fist. Having CCFC as tenants was a significant revenue stream for them and whilst the relationship had clearly been long soured, both sides faced with little option but to return to the table - exacerbated further following the loss of revenue due to the pandemic. It was wholly unsustainable for CCFC not to be playing at the Ricoh. Do you honestly believe external influence from Andy Street or you made them come to that fairly obvious realisation?
They didnt want to talk or be in the same room. The relationship was completely broken. But I’m sure you’re correct they made it work because both needed the money as has been proven how both clubs are now rolling in it lol

Nick

Administrator
Well I do have an idea as incredibly you're not the only person to have met Joy.

Well there isn't any point in talking to Joy. In well over a decade her attitudes or position hasn't in one bit changed - regardless of how much you think she's now a supporter - and the opinions of a run of the mill fan is hardly going to cause a perennial attitude shift or influence her opinion.

She's incredibly calculated and will manipulate people to get on board with her narrative and line of thinking. I've seen it first hand with a number of personal contacts of mine, one of which was actually close to becoming a board member 5-6 years ago, and are worse off for even associating themselves with her.

Who was close to being a board member?

KenilworthSkyBlue

They didnt want to talk or be in the same room. The relationship was completely broken. But I’m sure you’re correct they made it work because both needed the money as has been proven how both clubs are now rolling in it lol

That may have been the case, but you surely realise the pandemic would've massively shifted attitudes in that regard.

As I said both parties came together out of necessity, not due to kissing and making up. The relationship has always been fractured and still is, that's hardly anything new. The return back to the Ricoh was solely pragmatic.

It's baffling how you think the decision was anything other than a financial move.

wince

Don Hyman ? Clearly an avid supporter !
Do you get extra points for spelling ? No pitch , To play on for 3 games ,Selling players to weaken team, Upsetting the highest paying fans ,And you want try and belittle a fellow fan for spelling a players name wrong ,WoW bet you couldn't stop laughing at your very very witty comment , As all the good work and feel good factor of the last two years , slowly coming undone, But you keep looking for gramma mistakes that will help the club, Well done

Sky Blue Pete

@Sky Blue Pete I appreciate this is a difficult thing to do, and I think you are doing a great job. It's quite easy to sit behind a keyboard and tell someone else how to do it, but if you cannot build a rapport or keep things respectful then it is never going to get off the ground in the first place. That being said, I do think it is time for some harder hitting questions. The general feeling of this transfer window is leaving a pretty sour taste for a lot of people. Not to mention the stuff about the pitch...

It may have already been covered, but if you haven't already included it, I certainly think it would be a good idea to get some clarity on the sale of Hyam. The Director of Football at Blackburn has come out and inferred that they picked him up for a cheaper price than what was originally submitted earlier in the transfer window. Why have we accepted this, as it makes us look amateur, and why are we seemingly calling up clubs and trying to sell our players? The whole thing is embarrassing to be perfectly honest. The manager and the fans deserve much better.
So db will say the figure is undisclosed and with Waggott involved maybe there’s something there
There is no issue asking that question and you’d think it would be easy to answer. Doesn’t mean he will

It’s either yes we rejected it and accepted a lower figure for more money up front or due to the circumstances

or

No we didn’t accept a lower figure

Let’s see what’s said.

Sky Blue Pete

That may have been the case, but you surely realise the pandemic would've massively shifted attitudes in that regard.

As I said both parties came together out of necessity, not due to kissing and making up. The relationship has always been fractured and still is, that's hardly anything new. The return back to the Ricoh was solely pragmatic.

It's baffling how you think the decision was anything other than a financial move.
I haven’t said I don’t think the decision was financial
Or tried to take credit for them coming back
I’ve done what I’ve done and I know it changed attitudes to other parties

Sky Blue Pete

Who was close to being a board member?
I’ve got a mate who was involved in a group trying to buy and has a vicious hatred of all things joy. As I say take things as you see them whilst taking other peoples opinions into account.
And of course I know I’m not the only person she talks to ffs how narcissistic do you think I am??

RegTheDonk

Pete, I'd like you to politely ask Boddy - in fact, I'd like you to grab him by the scruff and shake some truth out of him - how many £££ are needed by selling players before we are in super shit mode? Had to shif Dom, now rumours of Godden. Who's next?

Nick

Administrator
Ironic. What like your angle with the Council and your bizarre posts regarding the sale of Hyam. Come on Nick, those in glass houses.

Funnily enough, I don't know any councillors and don't know anybody from SISU or the club. (I met Labovitch once along with a few other people on here to try to facilitate some fans asking questions, I switched off when he ordered a Tomato Juice and watched a football match over his shoulder).

There is no glass house or irony.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Funnily enough, I don't know any councillors and don't know anybody from SISU or the club. (I met Labovitch once along with a few other people on here to try to facilitate some fans asking questions, I switched off when he ordered a Tomato Juice and watched a football match over his shoulder).

There is no glass house or irony.

Well there is irony as you vilify posters for having an agenda when yours is entirely transparent.

KenilworthSkyBlue

No I just pointed it out on the O'Hare thread. That's all I'm saying

You must admit your obsession with angles and agendas is slightly hypocritical though when your posts focus heavily on the Council/Wasps/Maton.

Yet when warranted criticism is directed towards Boddy and SISU, you're either silent, play dumb or shift blame elsewhere.

Nick

Administrator
You must admit your obsession with angles and agendas is slightly hypocritical though when your posts focus heavily on the Council/Wasps/Maton.

Yet when warranted criticism is directed towards Boddy and SISU, you're either silent, play dumb or shift blame elsewhere.

You would have a point if I was mates with Maton, Lucas or Joy. I'm not.

Apart from that boring meeting with Labovitch I steer well clear of any of them.

KenilworthSkyBlue

You would have a point if I was mates with Maton, Lucas or Joy. I'm not.

Apart from that boring meeting with Labovitch I steer well clear of any of them.

What does being mates with them have anything to do with it? The point is your posts regarding agendas and angles are utterly laughable and entirely hypocritical. Judging by the below posts my point is valid.

"I've steered clear, people are going out of their way to be as angry as they possibly can over Hyam leaving. Including people who slated him week in, week out. Can't help but think there's a few accounts came back with wooden spoons."

"You have no agenda against boddy? Ok then. You are going to pretend to get angry at him for selling hyam who you slate every week."

"Yes and it wouldn't be our pitch either, would it? I have said, they would have to play on a pitch that is deemed safe. You are chatting shit because of your obsession with Boddy and that Maton has been round for tea, it's a bit embarrassing really."

A few pretty telling posts of yours. The last one is interesting, you couldn't help yourself but to make reference to Maton.

Strange how steer clear of conversations regarding the sale of Hyam, but when it comes to criticising the Council/Wasps you're consistently in the thick of it, if not an instigator?

And apparently it's just my focus on particular threads that is obvious. Once again - bitterly ironic.

skybluebeduff

Can someone tell Boddy, that in March, when the early bird STs were announced, his exact words were "buy early if you can, money will be going towards helping Mark Robins strengthen the squad in the summer"

We played our part and sold record season tickets, and record shirt sales. What's happened about the strengthening of the squad? It's the opposite.

Sky Blue Pete

Can someone tell Boddy, that in March, when the early bird STs were announced, his exact words were "buy early if you can, money will be going towards helping Mark Robins strengthen the squad in the summer"

We played our part and sold record season tickets, and record shirt sales. What's happened about the strengthening of the squad? It's the opposite.
Included but the quote is useful

alexccfc99

13,000 season tickets will include concessions and season tickets that come with the JSB membership packs - That simply isn’t enough to give us lots of spending power

For a one club City of roughly 371k people, for our record ST sales to be 13,000 isn’t really that impressive to be honest

rob9872

13,000 season tickets will include concessions and season tickets that come with the JSB membership packs - That simply isn’t enough to give us lots of spending power

For a one club City of roughly 371k people, for our record ST sales to be 13,000 isn’t really that impressive to be honest
In your opinion. The fact is it's an all time record however you perceive it. Whether it's enough is a different argument but I expected a slight fall in sales so imo +2000 is impressive.

Nick

Administrator
What does being mates with them have anything to do with it? The point is your posts regarding agendas and angles are utterly laughable and entirely hypocritical. Judging by the below posts my point is valid.

"I've steered clear, people are going out of their way to be as angry as they possibly can over Hyam leaving. Including people who slated him week in, week out. Can't help but think there's a few accounts came back with wooden spoons."

"You have no agenda against boddy? Ok then. You are going to pretend to get angry at him for selling hyam who you slate every week."

"Yes and it wouldn't be our pitch either, would it? I have said, they would have to play on a pitch that is deemed safe. You are chatting shit because of your obsession with Boddy and that Maton has been round for tea, it's a bit embarrassing really."

A few pretty telling posts of yours. The last one is interesting, you couldn't help yourself but to make reference to Maton.

Strange how steer clear of conversations regarding the sale of Hyam, but when it comes to criticising the Council/Wasps you're consistently in the thick of it, if not an instigator?

And apparently it's just my focus on particular threads that is obvious. Once again - bitterly ironic.

So it's not relevant at all then? It's not relevant to point out that somebody calling others "SISU Cocksuckers" and going on about "worshipping at the temple of SISU" actually has dealings on a personal level with people like Maton because it helps them personally. Same when somebody from the Trust was bragging about their business bank account being big because of funding they got from the Council. How about when Italia wanted to be a Wasps partner for his car parks so did a massive U Turn on his views?

I have posted in the sale about Hyam, I have also said I will see what (and if) we get a replacement and who it is before I lose my head that we have replaced them with a 15 year old loanee. (if it all).

I pointed out it was pretty obvious you were trying to steer a particular thread, I stand by it. Now it turns out you knock about with disgruntled people who were or were going to be on the board. Hope to god it isn't Michael Byng.

Feel free to go through my posts from the last few days, other than the match thread I haven't really posted much at all.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Indeed. Although ST figures will also include those seated in the boardroom, box holders and hospitality ticket holders - the price of which will likely mitigate the number of concessions ST holders and JSB members somewhat.

Grendel

So it's not relevant at all then? It's not relevant to point out that somebody calling others "SISU Cocksuckers" and going on about "worshipping at the temple of SISU" actually has dealings on a personal level with people like Maton because it helps them personally. Same when somebody from the Trust was bragging about their business bank account being big because of funding they got from the Council. How about when Italia wanted to be a Wasps partner for his car parks so did a massive U Turn on his views?

I have posted in the sale about Hyam, I have also said I will see what (and if) we get a replacement and who it is before I lose my head that we have replaced them with a 15 year old loanee. (if it all).

I pointed out it was pretty obvious you were trying to steer a particular thread, I stand by it. Now it turns out you knock about with disgruntled people who were or were going to be on the board. Hope to god it isn't Michael Byng.

Feel free to go through my posts from the last few days, other than the match thread I haven't really posted much at all.

This is one of many posts I made about Boddy months Before a 5 minute photo which I spoke about 2 words to this guy your obsessed with

I also linked a thread when I said Sisu were unsuitable owners in 2012

I’ve never made one positive comment about the council either - I’d love you to find one - so to suggest I’ve somehow turned into a council worshipper I’d nonsense.

The only reason you knew he was there was as I told you

Nick

Administrator
This is one of many posts I made about Boddy months Before a 5 minute photo which I spoke about 2 words to this guy your obsessed with

I also linked a thread when I said Sisu were unsuitable owners in 2012

I’ve never made one positive comment about the council either - I’d love you to find one - so to suggest I’ve somehow turned into a council worshipper I’d nonsense.

The only reason you knew he was there was as I told you

Don't think I have ever said you were a council worshipper.

I'm hardly obsessed with him, have a look through every thread where you try to make it about Boddy for examples.

I am just pointing out how it doesn't really stack up for you to be calling others SISU Cocksuckers and how they are Worshipping SISU.

skybluebeduff

It is impressive for this fanbase and what they endure.
We've always been told the more ST sales, the more it helps Robins.

It's been said every season for years.

This season we've broke that record and had the same summer as the fateful Mowbray summer.

No excuses, Robins now 7 wins in over 30 games, with his squad now weaker.

Any club comes in for him, he's gone. Why would you stay here?

Grendel

Don't think I have ever said you were a council worshipper.

I'm hardly obsessed with him, have a look through every thread where you try to make it about Boddy for examples.

I am just pointing out how it doesn't really stack up for you to be calling others SISU Cocksuckers and how they are Worshipping SISU.

You have been mentioning this for weeks and weeks before those comments were made

I’ve not changed my opinion of Boddy. I don’t trust him I don’t think his equipped - period every post I’ve made is entirely consistent on that - he’s not a CEO and certainly not for a club of this size

Unlike Italia I have not benefitted financially and again you kind of know this and when you consider it - it’s pretty ridiculous with a 5 minute incident that I somehow have been influenced when no one even knew I supported the club and nothing was discussed. I didn’t even arrange it it was done to assist another party who wanted some tours arranged of premises in the area - there were loads done that day. Also as you well know he wasn’t even the main attendee that day. It as has been pointed out you seem to obsess about him.

I’ve said repeatedly the same things - these owners can’t operate at this level and also before Covid I said I wasn’t dragging to St Andrew’s for a season if crowds were allowed back in. I put up with for one season and that’s that - I’ve also repeatedly stated 2012 was worth an attempt and it’s been gradually downhill from a strategic angle ever since

It’s entirely consistent and just bewildering to suggest otherwise and I’ve been influenced by someone I think I must have exchanged 2 sentences with.

I don’t know what Byng has to do with anything.

Hiraeth

I appreciate the increase in utility costs will affect the club in terms of the training ground. Beyond them possibly also affecting the retail outlet, will changes to utility costs affect the club's costs for using the CBS Arena or is that already incorporated into the lease deal agreed?

KenilworthSkyBlue

I couldn't care what other people post or who they acquaint themselves with, the focus here is on you and your obsession with attempting to expose others for having agendas when you yourself clearly sit in a certain camp. Highlighted whenever blame is directed to Boddy or SISU your position becomes quite telling, especially with regards to responding to other posters.

You've hardly posted much other than trying to insinuate posters are wetting the bed. Pretty sure you've just repeated a post Has Hyam gone yet? time and again. For reference he has, and Robins has openly admitted that he'll likely be replaced with a free agent. So not really sure why you're criticising people for being angry about his sale when the model that the club supposedly operates under has been entirely exposed this summer.

So what agenda do I have then as apparently you're so enlightened? I'm more than happy to share my personal experiences with individuals closely associated with the club if relevant and as long as no names are named in case they feel it's compromising. If you don't think it's legitimate or if you believe I have ulterior motives to sharing such information on the forum other than debunking nonsense then that's your issue frankly.

Last edited:

better days

@Sky Blue Pete I appreciate this is a difficult thing to do, and I think you are doing a great job. It's quite easy to sit behind a keyboard and tell someone else how to do it, but if you cannot build a rapport or keep things respectful then it is never going to get off the ground in the first place. That being said, I do think it is time for some harder hitting questions. The general feeling of this transfer window is leaving a pretty sour taste for a lot of people. Not to mention the stuff about the pitch...

It may have already been covered, but if you haven't already included it, I certainly think it would be a good idea to get some clarity on the sale of Hyam. The Director of Football at Blackburn has come out and inferred that they picked him up for a cheaper price than what was originally submitted earlier in the transfer window. Why have we accepted this, as it makes us look amateur, and why are we seemingly calling up clubs and trying to sell our players? The whole thing is embarrassing to be perfectly honest. The manager and the fans deserve much better.
Why the hell did the Blackburn director need to say this?
It comes across as gloating at another club's misfortune
Football really is a horrible business

Users who are viewing this thread