Supporters forum 17th January (1 Viewer)

CCFCSteve

Agree with the questions about access/queues. This will be costing Frasers a few quid as well, as 15 mins in queue will mean less time to grab a pint pre kick off so I’d imagine they’ll want it sorting. Ideally they need to put in more turnstiles at least on east stand as that’s where the main pressure point is with too many idiots that can’t scan card/ticket properly.

Ps it’s easy for the speaker lady to start shouting that north stand turnstiles are clear 10 mins before kick off but by then it’s a nightmare getting round there

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree with the questions about access/queues. This will be costing Frasers a few quid as well, as 15 mins in queue will mean less time to grab a pint pre kick off so I’d imagine they’ll want it sorting. Ideally they need to put in more turnstiles at least on east stand as that’s where the main pressure point is with too many idiots that can’t scan card/ticket properly.

Ps it’s easy for the speaker lady to start shouting that north stand turnstiles are clear 10 mins before kick off but by then it’s a nightmare getting round there
Long term they need to demolish these turnstiles and rebuild them more like the ones at Ashton Gate.

shmmeee

Can we just have a season ticket holders entrance where at least everyone should know what they’re doing.

Also reminded me, when the queues were long I got the OK from a steward to take my dad to the accessible entrance. Except they’d opened that too and the queues were just as long!

chiefdave

Can we just have a season ticket holders entrance where at least everyone should know what they’re doing.

Also reminded me, when the queues were long I got the OK from a steward to take my dad to the accessible entrance. Except they’d opened that too and the queues were just as long!
Edgbaston have a 'fast lane'. Can only use it if you have no bag so don't hold people up queuing. Although it is beyond me why so many people need to take a rucksack full of stuff when you're only in the ground for 2 hours.

shmmeee

Edgbaston have a 'fast lane'. Can only use it if you have no bag so don't hold people up queuing. Although it is beyond me why so many people need to take a rucksack full of stuff when you're only in the ground for 2 hours.

If you’ve got kids then fair enough. Otherwise nothing more than phone keys and season ticket TBH

Flying Fokker

Against Oxford I posted at 11:54 that the concourse was really quiet. At 12:20 Nick posted that there was turnstile mayhem - 10 minutes before kick off. I do wonder whether the outside bars and eateries are delaying people going to enter the stadium, causing or majorly contributing to the supposed problems. Whatever, don’t leave it till the last minute to go into the stadium.
Agreed. People could avoid the hassle by giving themselves time. The turnstiles seem to have bottlenecks at varying times but getting into the queues earlier seems to be the answer.

MalcSB

The problem is people (like me) who arrive from the south (car park C, station underpass) and sit in the east stand.

Currently to get to one of the less crowded entrances I would have to fight my way through the crowd up to the North stand to find one, then I'd have to walk back inside the concourse to get to my seat. It's just less hassle and probably quicker to queue up near where I actually sit (also for the young/elderly pushing your way through a crowd and doing extra walking isn't ideal).

I would honestly remove any of the bars/food stuff down that end and put queue barriers in place to "snake" the queue round - there is a lot of wasted space outside the disabled entrances.

It does need fixing though.
Why don’t you cross using the Footbridge?

Oggysstarjumps

in terms of access, getting over from Longford - there is a cut through but often not accessible due to flooding - This maybe something that Frasers / Council/ CCFC need to look at together, but a tarmac path through would save a lot of time for many
And it would reduce the congestion under the railway bridges between the CBS and the Tesco car park after matches (which is an accident waiting to happen). It's also a much nicer walk! Appreciate it isn't a thing for the city to do, but it would be something they could contact the council about.

Sky Blue Pete

Most turnstiles close at kick-off time but late turnstiles, which remain open until half-time, are numbers 18 (East Stand) and 45 (West/North Stand).

Just for information

MalcSB

Given the number of people complaining about how long it takes to enter the stadium, it would be interesting to see the admission stats by time for each turnstile. I would have expected them to be able to pull those stats off the system.

If 5,000 people turn up 20 minutes before kick off, evenly distributed across 45 turnstiles, you need to get someone through each gate in less than 10 seconds. People turning up that late are relying on everybody else having done the decent thing and turned up early for them.

ccfctommy

I really don’t understand your problem.

There have been issues with people not being allowed entry as the ticket was not theirs. Some people have received written warnings for sharing tickets. Therefore, I would like clarification on what is and isn’t allowed.

I live over 100 miles away so means committing the whole day for a game, therefore my partner cannot always make it. Sometimes I bring a mate. I am not in anyway robbing the club and I take a massive issue for those that abuse the system using concession tickets wrongly. Not sure what your point is to be honest.

Well done you for being able to manage your own ticket. Bravo.
So if you are John Smith - adult and you can not make the game. You lend your ticket to Bill Jones - adult and the stewards pull him up on it?

How?

hill83

Given the number of people complaining about how long it takes to enter the stadium, it would be interesting to see the admission stats by time for each turnstile. I would have expected them to be able to pull those stats off the system.

If 5,000 people turn up 20 minutes before kick off, evenly distributed across 45 turnstiles, you need to get someone through each gate in less than 10 seconds. People turning up that late are relying on everybody else having done the decent thing and turned up early for them.

So XG is expected gate all this time

Robinshio

So if you are John Smith - adult and you can not make the game. You lend your ticket to Bill Jones - adult and the stewards pull him up on it?

How?
of course they dont - so the only problem is if little Tommy smith junior cant make it, how can John smith take his mate Bill Jones in place - Clearly it would not be fair to pay nothing so what is fair ?

I would say if it is in the family zone where both tickets are discounted initially, it is fair to pay the full price . But maybe some discount elsewhere in the ground

SHUNT31

How?
There have been instances of this apparently. Which is why I wanted clarification.

Although, have been told I should have kept this to myself.

Sky Blue Pete

So an adult season ticket can be lent to an adult then, which doesn’t seem to be in line with the stated T&Cs?
Sorry that’s absolutely right and so if security ask for proof of id you’d been screwed
I was meaning how would anyone know rather than it is in line with t and c’s??

Sky Blue Pete

What on earth does this mean?
Doesn’t it just show how many people need to get through turnstiles depending on crowd and how soon before kick off people arrive

There’s no excuse really for anyone waiting outside for longer than 15 mins to get in at whatever time but we’ve been arriving at least 30 mins before kick off this season to make sure we can get in on time

Needs some queue management as it’s all good will currently and we have people who don’t care just push in as they’re more important

skybluecam

IMG_0983.jpeg
We should get rid of the bars in front of these walls and put in barriers to form a better queuing area- this should solve the access problem when the queues block the road.

The issue of queues forming in the first place seems to be a turnstile capacity issue so may take longer to solve.

MalcSB

What on earth does this mean?
What sky blue Pete said. Number of people who would need to get through turnstiles per minute depending on number arriving a given time before kick off. It related to my immediately previous post.

I do think the outside bars are a contributing factor. They may close 30 minutes before kick off, but how long will it take for someone to drink a pint (and enjoy it!). This is where the admission data would be interesting to share so people can understand the need to enter a reasonable time before kick off.

Even if adding more turnstiles was possible, how many is reasonable?

skybluecam

What sky blue Pete said. Number of people who would need to get through turnstiles per minute depending on number arriving a given time before kick off. It related to my immediately previous post.

I do think the outside bars are a contributing factor. They may close 30 minutes before kick off, but how long will it take for someone to drink a pint (and enjoy it!). This is where the admission data would be interesting to share so people can understand the need to enter a reasonable time before kick off.
Closing 30 min before is stupid, should be 1 hour, then if people want another they are encouraged inside.

I have wondered about something like half price pints inside if ordered 1 hour before KO or something. Or similar incentives.

Users who are viewing this thread