Supporters forum 17th January (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Great work Pete. Thanks

Ps saw the comments about outside bars closing earlier, signage and curbs etc but didn’t see anything about more turnstiles being needed (only managed a quick read, sorry if I missed it) ?
It did come up but I can’t recall where
Think it was the arena person on here
All turnstiles have been open and arena / club are loathed to open gates.
Club were suggesting turn up early I pushed back to say mmmmm it isn’t just that. Other supporters groups didn’t believe me or our group but I pressed on to say have a look if you think there’s not a problem
Sheer luck no injuries from the squash or falling down the bank or aggression between fans
The new chief operating person will take a close look at the next few games and will see the absolute mess there is

So signage
New lighting
Moving the fence a bit
Proper queues
People arriving earlier

All of this will be part of the solution

Not that I want anything bad to happen but for safety issues please tell me and I have a direct in to the club to pick up.

The club has been told of accident waiting to happen on the steps, around the turnstiles and the east side before games

If the club ignores the warning they are idiots and the new guy doesn’t feel like an idiot

fernandopartridge

Who is CCSWSC? some of the questions are so outside of the remit of the club that they are completely pointless, e.g. the rail service

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

CCFCSteve

Club were suggesting turn up early I pushed back to say mmmmm it isn’t just that. Other supporters groups didn’t believe me or our group but I pressed on to say have a look if you think there’s not a problem
Sheer luck no injuries from the squash or falling down the bank or aggression between fans
The new chief operating person will take a close look at the next few games and will see the absolute mess there is

So signage
New lighting
Moving the fence a bit
Proper queues
People arriving earlier

Not that I want anything bad to happen but for safety issues please tell me and I have a direct in to the club to pick up.

The club has been told of accident waiting to happen on the steps, around the turnstiles and the east side before games

If the club ignores the warning they are idiots and the new guy doesn’t feel like an idiot

Thanks for the detailed response Pete. Yeah, the double doors/gates where the disabled are let through are probably the best ‘safety valve’ option if queues are building and new turnstiles aren’t going to be added. Just needs some handheld scanners for a few stewards.

Im sure I heard of someone being punched in the queue at Leicester game. Squeezing home fans together is bad enough, adding aways into the mix is asking for trouble. Not to mention the grass bank etc

Sure they’ll look into it. Frasers are also missing out on extra cash with people being stuck outside

Sky Blue Pete

Thanks for the detailed response Pete. Yeah, the double doors/gates where the disabled are let through are probably the best ‘safety valve’ option if queues are building and new turnstiles aren’t going to be added. Just needs some handheld scanners for a few stewards.

Im sure I heard of someone being punched in the queue at Leicester game. Squeezing home fans together is bad enough, adding aways into the mix is asking for trouble. Not to mention the grass bank etc

Sure they’ll look into it. Frasers are also missing out on extra cash with people being stuck outside
The new coo seems excellent not that Dave b didn’t do a good job

bigfatronssba

Without wanting to sound dramatic, but those double doors are exit gates.

Fridays venue demonstrates the risks involved in letting people enter through exit gates

pusbccfc

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

So signage
New lighting
Moving the fence a bit
Proper queues
People arriving earlier

As per others, many thanks Pete 👍

I think the main problem is that it's just a mass of people outside the East Stand ATM. It's all well and good announcing 'use all turnstiles' but there's no space to get by to walk around to other turnstiles.

You don't know where a 'queue' starts, and so which is the shortest one. If they're not going to add any barriers to define the queues, they should actually tell people to use the turnstiles on their tickets as that would regulate things better.

Sky Blue Pete

I think the main problem is that it's just a mass of people outside the East Stand ATM. It's all well and good announcing 'use all turnstiles' but there's no space to get by to walk around to other turnstiles.

You don't know where a 'queue' starts, and so which is the shortest one. If they're not going to add any barriers to define the queues, they should actually tell people to use the turnstiles on their tickets as that would regulate things better.
If nothing changes after the next couple of games I’ll go back directly to John and ask what he’s seen and what will now be done

BananaFlats

I'm sure they set up zig-zag railings outside the turnstiles for a game or two last season, that seemed to work fairly well. At least it adds a bit of order to the chaos outside the East Stand, the queues were then snaking parallel to the memorial walls and allowed more room for people to move along the service road. They didn't last long though and we were soon back to the free-for-all we have now.

Sky Blue Pete

I'm sure they set up zig-zag railings outside the turnstiles for a game or two last season, that seemed to work fairly well. At least it adds a bit of order to the chaos outside the East Stand, the queues were then snaking parallel to the memorial walls and allowed more room for people to move along the service road. They didn't last long though and we were soon back to the free-for-all we have now.
Was different for Leicester but it’s only part of it

MalcSB

Is the problem the increased number attending, those attending not getting there early enough or the chaos caused by the bars etc outside the ground? Closing them 30 minutes before kick off probably means people still standing around drinking for another 10 - 15 minutes.

Sky Blue Pete

Is the problem the increased number attending, those attending not getting there early enoug
Yep absolutely but it’s not the only problem
As a for instance the new coo said when he was walking around the arena the signage is shocking that’s a no brainer
Trying to order the queues has been shocking that’s a no brainer to sort too
As has closing outside bars 30 mins before kick off and improving lighting under the underpass
Incremental changes to improve things is the order of the day including if you can getting to the ground 10 mins earlier

AJB1983

I’ve been trying to get to games a bit earlier all season to be able to enjoy the pre-match a bit more. So far the Leicester games is the only one - I got to ground 45 minutes before kick off. Straight in turnstile (aside from waiting for a fan with a paper ticket struggling), straight to kiosk.
mad how a 15 minute window can have a massive effect on the queues - 30 minutes onwards before kick off and it’s mental.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I’ve been trying to get to games a bit earlier all season to be able to enjoy the pre-match a bit more. So far the Leicester games is the only one - I got to ground 45 minutes before kick off. Straight in turnstile (aside from waiting for a fan with a paper ticket struggling), straight to kiosk.
mad how a 15 minute window can have a massive effect on the queues - 30 minutes onwards before kick off and it’s mental.

Exactly, it's not rocket science, bigger crowds, means bigger queues, just get there F**king earlier.

ovduk78

Sorry but I just don't get the mentality that fans can rock up at the turnstiles 15 minutes before the match whether it's because they think it's enough time or want to be drinking as late as they can & expect to get in for the start of the match. It is a pain for us that can be arsed & then have to get up to let them move along the row and you can guarantee that they will be the ones who make their ways along the row 20 minutes later for the toilet or something to eat/drink. It is the same at concerts. Maybe it is time to follow the rules that have (certainly did when I last went) at a show in the West End that if you try to get in after it starts then you miss the 1st half. This might affect people who are late for unforeseen circumstances but I've never been late and I'm travelling 335 miles to get to the CBS!

mmttww

@Sky Blue Pete

Don't know if this has come up before, and it's getting ahead of ourselves a bit, but if we made the Playoff Final, might be a good idea for the club to arrange a screening in the Exhibition Hall, or open a stand and slap a few massive screens on the pitch in front of it.

Talking to my brother about it and we realised that with 19,000+ season ticket holders, we'd probably have to limit final tickets to one each, and with the increase in people attending, demand for tickets would probably be a fair bit higher than last season as well.

Marty

Exactly, it's not rocket science, bigger crowds, means bigger queues, just get there F**king earlier.

It's not that simple though, many people have prior arrangements or things going on. It may have been earlier in this thread that I mentioned for the Leicester game, I was working that morning, and by the time I got home from work in Birmingham, showered, changed, and got to the arena itself, it was 12 and the queues were already pilling back to the grass bank. I got in as the game kicked off. Another mentioned that his kids were playing football that morning and arrived roughly the same time with the same issues of getting in. The main issues are they just can't get people in fast enough.

I wonder if they could redesign the turnstiles, instead of having them flat in the wall like they currently are, maybe they could make like a u shape with a protruding area and double the amount of turnstiles.

Sky Blue Pete

@Sky Blue Pete

Don't know if this has come up before, and it's getting ahead of ourselves a bit, but if we made the Playoff Final, might be a good idea for the club to arrange a screening in the Exhibition Hall, or open a stand and slap a few massive screens on the pitch in front of it.

Talking to my brother about it and we realised that with 19,000+ season ticket holders, we'd probably have to limit final tickets to one each, and with the increase in people attending, demand for tickets would probably be a fair bit higher than last season as well.
That’s confidence

Cheylesmore ITK

Sorry but I just don't get the mentality that fans can rock up at the turnstiles 15 minutes before the match whether it's because they think it's enough time or want to be drinking as late as they can & expect to get in for the start of the match. It is a pain for us that can be arsed & then have to get up to let them move along the row and you can guarantee that they will be the ones who make their ways along the row 20 minutes later for the toilet or something to eat/drink. It is the same at concerts. Maybe it is time to follow the rules that have (certainly did when I last went) at a show in the West End that if you try to get in after it starts then you miss the 1st half. This might affect people who are late for unforeseen circumstances but I've never been late and I'm travelling 335 miles to get to the CBS!
should they wet themselves if they need the loo?

wingy

You're too soft. If I can manage to stand at my seat from 2:30 until the end of the game without needing a drink or the toilet then everybody else on my row and the 3 in front should too.
Permission to exit at HT to get a quick smoke and a coffee in.
Did have an end of row seat but have managed to move higher nearer the steps where you come out?

SBAndy

Few things to throw into the mix:

- the only two games I’ve had/seen issues getting in for this season are the opening game vs Middlesbrough and the cup game vs Oxford. Whilst others I’ve had to wait for 5-10 mins, it’s not been a problem really. The common denominator between the two: paper tickets. You fold along the lines and they don’t fit in the scanner. Took ages per person both times.

- queueing is a mess but solutions to that been suggested.

- I’m assuming you can enter the ground with a beer you purchased outside? They use the same cups, etc so closing the bars shouldn’t really make a difference. I wonder how many wait til they’ve finished their drink to enter.

- security checks always start slow and then some guy (supervisor, I’m assuming) comes over and tells them to speed up. Do we have different security staff every time?

- Leicester game I got to the ground at 12:27 (junior football in the morning) and was at my seat before kick off. Did they do anything differently for that game?

Sky Blue Pete

Few things to throw into the mix:

- the only two games I’ve had/seen issues getting in for this season are the opening game vs Middlesbrough and the cup game vs Oxford. Whilst others I’ve had to wait for 5-10 mins, it’s not been a problem really. The common denominator between the two: paper tickets. You fold along the lines and they don’t fit in the scanner. Took ages per person both times.

- queueing is a mess but solutions to that been suggested.

- I’m assuming you can enter the ground with a beer you purchased outside? They use the same cups, etc so closing the bars shouldn’t really make a difference. I wonder how many wait til they’ve finished their drink to enter.

- security checks always start slow and then some guy (supervisor, I’m assuming) comes over and tells them to speed up. Do we have different security staff every time?

- Leicester game I got to the ground at 12:27 (junior football in the morning) and was at my seat before kick off. Did they do anything differently for that game?
Which block / turnstile
We walk round but the mess around the east stand does delay things

Users who are viewing this thread