Supporters Consultative Group (1 Viewer)

ask them why its safer to have 6000 leicester fans by singers corner and not safe to have 400 away fans, bit of porkie there i think

pa system is way too loud for my liking

why cant i use the exit steps from singers corner

local bands at half time, half time entertainment is shocking

scoreboard over jsb stand

whats with all the metal barriers outside tesco stand

why dont they buy the rowleys and turn it into a wetherspoon/whackey warehouse type place called the sky blue tavern and keep it open in the week aswell

CJparker

Jan, another way of increasing awareness and potential support would be to shout louder about the trust's immediate objectives.

In this thread you have asked for our ideas, some of which I like (such as the Sky Blue Tavern mentioned above). But can you tell us what the SCG's agreed current objectives are? I mean practical things to change, rather than the more generic "have constructive dialogue" etc. If these were clearer, it might help galvanise more support.

M own idea would be to give free train tickets to match-ticket / ST holders to fans who use the new Ricoh train station. They would have to do a deal with the company running the Nuneaton-Coventry line, but it would be great to encourage fans to come via train.

cloughie

ask them why its safer to have 6000 leicester fans by singers corner and not safe to have 400 away fans, bit of porkie there

pa system is way too loud for my liking

/QUOTE]

pa far to loud but ............

This is a superb question to ask regading 6,000 as against 400

kingharvest

ask them why its safer to have 6000 leicester fans by singers corner and not safe to have 400 away fans, bit of porkie there

/QUOTE]

pa far to loud but ............

This is a superb question to ask regading 6,000 as against 400

Its not about safety as such, its about money. If you have 400 away fans, and an attendance of only 9000, then the club aren't making sufficient money from the game to justify the stewards/police they would need.

Its different with 6000 paying leicester fans. Much better for the club to sell those tickets and take the hit on police costs.

kingharvest

Thanks for all the suggestions/questions. I've captured everything - i think there are some really great suggestions here which i'll bring up at the meeting. Some of the other stuff (TVs not being on, Ketchup, etc) i've typed up and will pass on to the club so they're aware and can try and sort out.

The main topic for discussion this month is communication so i'll get on here later in the week to update everyone.

crowsnest

Can you spread the cash turnstiles out around the ground rather than being grouped together with closed turnstiles.

Can the ticket office send emails to season ticket holders about home cup ties to remind them to buy their ticket.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Now you might think I'm being picky, but do you think you could ask if the pre-match announcer could be told that the players on the bench are called "substitutes" and NOT SUBSTITUTIONS!!!!!

Sorry - deep breath - try not to rant - another deep breath......

At the very least, it'll save the poor folk who sit around me from hearing me scream "They're not substitutions - they're substitutes!!!!!" before every home game.

Right - off for a little lie down in a dark room now.

wingy

Now you might think I'm being picky, but do you think you could ask if the pre-match announcer could be told that the players on the bench are called "substitutes" and NOT SUBSTITUTIONS!!!!!

Sorry - deep breath - try not to rant - another deep breath......

At the very least, it'll save the poor folk who sit around me from hearing me scream "They're not substitutions - they're substitutes!!!!!" before every home game.

Right - off for a little lie down in a dark room now.
At least we don't get that rediculous intro to all our fans in the (insert spnsors name stand) anymore ,out with Dazeil ,bring back Jim Twynham.:p

Last edited:
Its not about safety as such, its about money. If you have 400 away fans, and an attendance of only 9000, then the club aren't making sufficient money from the game to justify the stewards/police they would need.

Its different with 6000 paying leicester fans. Much better for the club to sell those tickets and take the hit on police costs.

but there are more stewards than away fans now :)

wingy

KH now that we're playing Reserve games at Liberty Way could we be allowed to cast our eye over events once again.

kingharvest

Morning all, just to update you on last nights meeting - i've passed on all the comments from here to Justin Tose and Dan Walker who have agreed to respond to all of them. So we should have something back next week.

In addition, there were a few ideas on there that are so good that we're going to discuss them in more detail with the group at the next meeting. We ran out of time to get round to these last night which was a shame, but its good of them both to agree to respond to everything.

Other than that, we had a good presentation from Jan about the Trust and talked in length about the clubs communication with the fans and how this could be improved - specifically mentioning the lack of clarity around the rent situation, and how the club saying nothing only fuels rumour.

We didn't get as much done as we'd hoped but as i say, we ran out of time. The next meeting is mid December so we'll pick up on communication of the SCG then, but as i say, we should get some answers to the queries/suggestions raised on this thread over the next week.

Nick

Administrator
Dan and Justin STILL didn't get back to me when I emailed them about some things :( It is a shame really, I know if I had a "brand" where they had fans forums, I would be more than keen to interact in some way rather than just totally ignore.

kingharvest

By the way, couple of things they did respond to at the meeting -

1. you can go and watch development games at Liberty Way - and its only a few quid.
2. Selling shirts/merchandise in other shops across the city has been tried before (previous relationship with Asda) but sales weren't high enough. I guess this will be clarified further in the response.

Nick

Administrator
Yep I remember when they sold them in ASDA in Walsgrave, it was quite a good idea but they were sort of tucked away and unless you knew about them you had no idea :(

kingharvest

Thats a shame about them not getting back to you. I know they're flat out right now, particularly with the string of home games coming up, but persevere - i'm sure they'll engage.

Nick

Administrator
I don't want to stalk anybody, 2 emails is enough each and it was about 2-3 months ago when I first emailed you :)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I know they dont want to sell merchandise from a fixed shop in the city centre but what about a market stall, especially over the Xmas period ? or match days ?........ could take to different locations too

I know they dont want to sell merchandise from a fixed shop in the city centre but what about a market stall, especially over the Xmas period ? or match days ?........ could take to different locations too

Yeah Wellesbourne market every Saturday, they could sell real shirts next to knockoffs on there.

Nick

Administrator
Fair enough - i'll bring it up at the next meeting, it fits in nicely with communication anyway.

Had an email from Justin, think it was a genuine misunderstanding down the line or an email cock up :)

Thanks for the email also!

Nick

Administrator
Andy (Sky Blue Talk) had a list of points from forum members but there was apparently no time to discuss these but they were given to club to address

Nice one for putting them over Andy :)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Thanks for the update jan ...... good to know what is going on even if not official minutes

"Rent and acquisition discussions still ongoing. Was revealed that whilst club is not paying any of the agreed rent it is doing a Pay as You Play arrangement with ACL to cover match day running costs. These are a fraction of the original rent levels but they are offsetting any potential losses for ACL and represent the type of level that the club feels it is fair to pay."

Does that mean they are paying for the match day utilities but not ground rental for the day? So they actually are paying no rent whatsoever. Just wondered how many tenants set the landlords rent ?

Wrenstreetcarpark

So CCFC think that it is "fair" to pay just for the utilities on match day and not rental for shop or offices...
I must try this one.
Perhaps I will pay for the utilities when next I go to the pub and have the beer free, that seems to be Fisher fair.

Fisher and Seppala again in their parallel universe.

When are ACL going to get the balls to tell Sisu to pay up or fuck off?

CJparker

Thanks for the update jan ...... good to know what is going on even if not official minutes

"Rent and acquisition discussions still ongoing. Was revealed that whilst club is not paying any of the agreed rent it is doing a Pay as You Play arrangement with ACL to cover match day running costs. These are a fraction of the original rent levels but they are offsetting any potential losses for ACL and represent the type of level that the club feels it is fair to pay."

Does that mean they are paying for the match day utilities but not ground rental for the day? So they actually are paying no rent whatsoever. Just wondered how many tenants set the landlords rent ?

I agree - the contract with ACL is that we pay the rent PLUS matchday fees. The fact we're paying the matchday fees, as if to offset the non-payment of the rent, means nothing as were are obliged to pay this under the original contract anyway.

Also amuses me that CCFC state that the matchday payments "are the type of level the club feels it is fair to pay" - they essentially want to go from £100k per month to £0 per month.

Jokers

ashbyjan

I am not the meeting chair and he had set the agenda which was followed - I was as frustrated as anyone

ashbyjan

The way the Pay as you Play payment was explained it was to cover the running costs to ACL of each match ie staff, electricity, etc. but no rent is being paid. I cannot get into a detailed discussion because I simply don't know all the facts (I know that's not usually a criteria that curtails discussion on a forum!!!) - just reporting what was said at the meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread