Supporters Consultative Group (1 Viewer)

kingharvest

Ironically, one of the big things we talked about was how fractured communication coming out of the club can lead to rumour - specifically regarding the rent situation - and that Tim Fisher would be making a statement to clarify this so that the kind of discussions that have appeared on here which are currently based on speculation can hopefully be in the future based on a firmer understanding of the situation.

But once again, we're discussing this without the facts - which is why i didn't mention it when i first posted after the meeting. I thought it would be better to wait for the full details that the club would release publicly.

Then we can all try and interpret it however we want, but at least we'll have something more solid to base our opinions on.

Wrenstreetcarpark

Ironically, one of the big things we talked about was how fractured communication coming out of the club can lead to rumour - specifically regarding the rent situation - and that Tim Fisher would be making a statement to clarify this so that the kind of discussions that have appeared on here which are currently based on speculation can hopefully be in the future based on a firmer understanding of the situation.

But once again, we're discussing this without the facts - which is why i didn't mention it when i first posted after the meeting. I thought it would be better to wait for the full details that the club would release publicly.

Then we can all try and interpret it however we want, but at least we'll have something more solid to base our opinions on.

Wonderful: I can hardly wait. Fisher will make a truthful statement that sets out clearly all the facts surrounding the Club's refusal to pay rent. He will then go back to advising Assad on his PR and the way to win hearts and minds in Syria.

CJparker

The way the Pay as you Play payment was explained it was to cover the running costs to ACL of each match ie staff, electricity, etc. but no rent is being paid. I cannot get into a detailed discussion because I simply don't know all the facts (I know that's not usually a criteria that curtails discussion on a forum!!!) - just reporting what was said at the meeting.

The notes suggest that CCFC are paying this pay as you play deal as some kind of makeweight for the non-payment of rent. In fact, they are meant to be paying both sets of fees (monthly rental and per-match) as part of the actual agreement with ACL. Let's not think this makes up for the unpaid rent - it doesn't.

Let's not forget the council paid for the ground to be built, and the rent is our way of paying for that. The cost of hosting each home game is paid for separately on a per-match basis.

Also I dislike how the per-match payments have only recently come to light - so much for SISU transparency!

Users who are viewing this thread