support the ccfc academy with the worst lottery ever (1 Viewer)

Noggin

Just received an e-mail asking for £2 per play to enter the lottery to support the academy, good idea no issue with that, but the club arn't organising this themselves so it's absolutely terrible terrible value compared to any normal lottery.

most times I've been to sporting events and have been offered lottery tickets they are 50/50 draws, club gets 50%, 50% goes to prizes. Support your club, chance to win a decent amount of money all good fun.

Our club though are obviously incapable of doing their own lottery so use an external company, you get 9% (instead of 50%) back as prize money with the external company getting 41%.

Honestly if you want to support the academy just hand over your money outright rather than taking part in such a dreadful odds lottery. This is nearly 5 times worse payout percentage then the national lottery which is already a bit of a mugs game, though I do play.

windows live mail filed the e-mail as junk, I agree with microsoft.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Can we support the academy by watching them for two quid whilst we can't watch our own team in Coventry?

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

Just received an e-mail asking for £2 per play to enter the lottery to support the academy, good idea no issue with that, but the club arn't organising this themselves so it's absolutely terrible terrible value compared to any normal lottery.

most times I've been to sporting events and have been offered lottery tickets they are 50/50 draws, club gets 50%, 50% goes to prizes. Support your club, chance to win a decent amount of money all good fun.

Our club though are obviously incapable of doing their own lottery so use an external company, you get 9% (instead of 50%) back as prize money with the external company getting 41%.

Honestly if you want to support the academy just hand over your money outright rather than taking part in such a dreadful odds lottery. This is nearly 5 times worse payout percentage then the national lottery which is already a bit of a mugs game, though I do play.

windows live mail filed the e-mail as junk, I agree with microsoft.

The club does get 50%.

What are you on about?

Noggin

The club does get 50%.

What are you on about?

What I wrote wasn't complicated. What I wrote is.

Normal 50/50 lottery, club gets 50%, 50% goes to prizes.

This lottery, club gets 50% and 9% goes to prizes. 41% goes to the company. (This is why I said if you want to support the academy just hand over your money and don't take part in a lottery this bad),

I actually made a mistake though and the company only actually takes 39% as if you win the jackpot they give money to the club as well.. It's still 4 times worse than the national lottery though.

lordsummerisle

What I wrote wasn't complicated. What I wrote is.

Normal 50/50 lottery, club gets 50%, 50% goes to prizes.

This lottery, club gets 50% and 9% goes to prizes. 41% goes to the company.

I actually made a mistake though and the company only actually takes 39% as if you win the jackpot they give money to the club as well.. It's still 4 times worse than the national lottery though.

For every 2 pounds ticket one pound goes to the club, not sure what they're teaching in schools nowadays, but that used to be 50% of the total when I went.

They also split the jackpot between the club and the ticket holder if won.

Noggin

In fact this lottery is so bad if you have £4 and want to help the club you should give £2 to the club (just give it, don't buy a ticket) and spend £2 on a national lottery ticket. The club gets the same ammount as you buying 2 x shitty lottery ticket. but you get a bigger percentage back yourself on average.

lordsummerisle

In fact this lottery is so bad if you have £4 and want to help the club you should give £2 to the club (just give it, don't buy a ticket) and spend £2 on a national lottery ticket. The club gets the same ammount as you buying 2 x shitty lottery ticket. but you get a bigger percentage back yourself on average.

Does the club get 50% or are you just talking bollocks though?

Noggin

For every 2 pounds ticket one pound goes to the club, not sure what they're teaching in schools nowadays, but that used to be 50% of the total when I went.

I'm not sure what they are teaching in school these days because it's clearly not reading comprehension. You need to go back and read what I've written again. I know the club get 50% and have posted so in both comments you replied too. I also talked about the jackpot split in the most recent post you replied to, it changes the company take from 41% to 39%

lordsummerisle

I'm not sure what they are teaching in school these days because it's clearly not reading comprehension. You need to go back and read what I've written again. I know the club get 50% and have posted so in both comments you replied too. I also talked about the jackpot split in the most recent post you replied to, it changes the company take from 41% to 39%

Does it really matter? As you said give the money direct to the club if you're that bothered about it.

Though with NOPM surely nobody should be buying a lottery ticket like this anyway.

Noggin

seriously what is complicated.

The club get 50% I've posted it in every post. you are the one talking bollocks.

The amount WE, US, The PLAYERS!!! get back is so bad that if you want to give money to the club, give the club the money directly and buy a lottery ticket, the club still get 50% of your £4, a national lottery cause get 25% of your £4, you get 21% of your £4 back on average in prizes.

lordsummerisle

seriously what is complicated.

The club get 50% I've posted it in every post. you are the one talking bollocks.

The amount WE, US, The PLAYERS!!! get back is so bad that if you want to give money to the club, give the club the money directly and buy a lottery ticket, the club still get 50% of your £4, a national lottery cause get 25% of your £4, you get 21% of your £4 back on average in prizes.

Supporting Sisu financially scum you are.

J

Jack Griffin

Noggin is talking about the excessive cut the lottery company take..which makes the prize fund a bit pants, not about the club cut. I thought he spelt it out very clearly.

Noggin

Does it really matter? As you said give the money direct to the club if you're that bothered about it.

Though with NOPM surely nobody should be buying a lottery ticket like this anyway.

I'm not bothered about it and certainly won't be buying a ticket, I posted for the benefit of those people who don't understand odds so they aren't wasting their money supporting a private company. Some peoples brains work differently, knowing weather something is good value is just something that comes to me, so I don't take things like the insurance sold by electrical retailers (and nor should you).

I've clearly overestimated the intelligence of some posters.

Noggin

Supporting Sisu financially scum you are.

I havn't given sisu a penny since they took us to northampton. I realise using we, us the players suggested I've brought a ticket, but I was trying to spell out for the hard of thinking that I wasn't talking about the club cut but the terrible prize structure.

lordsummerisle

I havn't given sisu a penny since they took us to northampton. I realise using we, us the players suggested I've brought a ticket, but I was trying to spell out for the hard of thinking that I wasn't talking about the club cut but the terrible prize structure.

Support them if there's something in it for you?

very moral.

L

limoncello

I'm not bothered about it and certainly won't be buying a ticket, I posted for the benefit of those people who don't understand odds so they aren't wasting their money supporting a private company. Some peoples brains work differently, knowing weather something is good value is just something that comes to me, so I don't take things like the insurance sold by electrical retailers (and nor should you).

I've clearly overestimated the intelligence of some posters.

Using 'weather'. Then questioning others' intelligence. Lol.

Noggin

Support them if there's something in it for you?

very moral.

now you are being even more stupid, there is never anything in it for you taking part in any lottery, lotteries always on average on losing money for those taking part. I was just pointing out how much worse this is than normal lotteries, how much worse this is than the national lottery.

The club could have organised a lottery that was good for themselves and decent for those taking part, they have chosen instead to do a lottery that is good for themselves and dreadful for those taking part (the fans)

Once again and one final time, if you have £4 to spend on this, don't buy a ticket, give £2 to the club and buy a proper lottery ticket. They get their half of your money (just the same) and you get to take part in a much better prize structure and you get to help whoever the national lottery is helping.

If you don't understand by now you are either unwilling to or unable to, so I won't post on the subject again, have a good weekend.

Noggin

Using 'weather'. Then questioning others' intelligence. Lol.

There will be all sorts of spelling and grammar errors in my posts, this is an internet forum and I don't proof read my posts, many spelling errors are autocorrected though and this itself occasionally leads to errors in grammar. I questioned his intelligence because this isn't a complicated subject and he misread (possibly purposefully) what I wrote over and over again, criticising something completely opposite to what I was writing.

lordsummerisle

Or does Sissu get the 50 % and the club Fuck all

Your 50% goes to the club via the Academy, then the players are sold for a pittance the first offer that comes in and the millions of pounds of profit are then channelled to Sisu through the Cayman Islands apparently.

Otis

God ,there are a few on here who love an argument.I thought the OP was very clear in what he was saying

Sorry, what do you mean by that Reverend?

Need a little more clarity in your statement there just to be sure I really know what exactly you are trying to say.

blueflint

hell its simple the prize is shite the organisers get more than the winner

SkyblueBazza

Only partially, think that any grant has to be equalled by the club, but can't be certain.

Let's just check I've got this right...This is the club who have been backed by SISU to cover ALL losses...now trying to get our cash to fund the academy...so the club can produce better players...to play in Northampton...& then be sold from under our noses for the "serious" (???) bid...which will become a return on investment for our main creditors...SISU & Co.

Don't make me laugh & don't fall for it!NOPM

PUSB

letsallsingtogether

The whole club is like a lottery, who knows what's going on going to happen and when?

Users who are viewing this thread