Support at Pompey (1 Viewer)

Changeyourface

Was possibly the worst I've seen following Cov away, why bother making the effort to travel all that way to sit on your hands. Was about 20 people standng and singing and we were getting funny looks from the rest. I know we're shite but yesterday was fucking awful.

I got told to sit down by the stewards, and some bloke behind had a cockney accent and asked me to sit down. I can accept sitting down respectfully if I sit in the tesco stand at home or in the front half at away games, but to sit on the 2nd back row and get told to sit down. I'm sure most fans would say it's stupid? i'm there to generate some noise and atmosphere, like I say, I respect knowing where to stand and where not to but this was potentially my worst away game - I noticed one bloke singing "Andy Thorns' Sky blue army" that was it . I'd always grown up being told we had a good away support , and in my twenties I became part of it , I know things are shit at the minute but I never imagined the away support would get so bad. I'll keep going and never give up, just really disappointed how even the hardcore element is losing faith.

rob9872

Tbf no real incentive for them. These days I only attend a handful of away games each season, but that's just commitments and finances and nothing to do with on-field problems (lets be honest we've always been pretty much rubbish away) but you need to be a real die-hard to get enthusiastic and be a regular now. It's still a good day on the beer but that's it. Well done to the die-hards among you.

Users who are viewing this thread