Supermarket shortages (3 Viewers)

Otis

Must admit, I didn't read them.
They're not that bad to be honest, but not at all amusing. A few references to Stormzy going downhill and oddly some talking about diversity in action.

Idiots.

Sick Boy

Went to Morrisons in Northampton this morning to see if I could grab some cat and dog biscuits (just the 1 bag mind!) - in 13 years of driving past it I’ve never seen so many cars in the car park, even more than at Xmas.
20 trolley long queues at the checkouts at 7.30am.
50 or so people (and empty trolleys) crowding round the toilet paper section waiting.... I guess there was some incoming imminently.
I think I’m right in saying that Morrison’s haven’t put restrictions on items yet or are allowing older and vulnerable people in for an hour at the start?
Hahah the toilet paper obsession there is actually really weird.

Marty

I would love to have a 2 day power cut now, all the cunts with freezes full of food, going off, be even better if they had no money to replace the lost food with.

They need to bring in short term measures, where front line staff are given priority, manufactures are given priority on fuel. A couple of people I know filled up their cars just in case, they both work from home and put less then 50 miles a week on.

Just pure stupidity.

covmark

The reaction of the general British public to this and the selfishness is very depressing and says a lot, unfortunately.
Tbf there are a lot of good things that people are doing. Our local community have set up a Facebook hub where the elderly and vulnerable can request help. Whether that be shopping, dog walking or just a bit of company.
Local nurseries are going online to Skype their children and basically run their days over a screen.
Local PT trainers have offered free on screen P.E sessions.

This is just a snippet of the stuff I've seen.
So to generalise about the british public like you just have, is way below the mark.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Otis

The reaction of the general British public to this and the selfishness is very depressing and says a lot, unfortunately.
Hmm..thing is like I said in another post, I have pen friends all over the world and it is the same story.

I have heard the same story from friends in France, Germany, USA, Australia, Norway.

They are all saying what we are saying on here. People stockpiling, people being selfish, people acting crazily.

Nick

Administrator
We need some of that.

Sharon from Coundon trying to sell toilet roll on Facebook bundled into a van by the Mafia.

Gazolba

Since when is profiteering illegal?
Isn't that what makes capitalism work?
Every profitable business buys things at one price and sells them for more.

Users who are viewing this thread