Sunderland Til' I Die (3 Viewers)

Greggs

Season 1 is far superior to Season 2 - S1 really shows how precarious the situation is for all the people on the periphery of a team like Sunderland (the kitchen staff, the squad players, the everyday fans). The second season barely touches on that, and is more about the ridiculousness of the new owners, which is hilarious, but there's no reason to care about them once they prove themselves to be idiots after episode 3 or so.

The show itself makes me miss away days more than ever. Sunderland fans may be arseholes, but they're long suffering the same as us.
Premier League side 3 years ago, hardly comparable to our plight.

hill83

Prime

I mentioned it earlier in thread

This is why u r on the c**t list

giphy.gif

Adge

Series 2 not really on a par with the first. Donald’s heart was in the right place but as others have said got carried away regarding Grigg when even the manager (who obviously didn’t hold the purse strings) wouldn’t up the ante.
25,000 odd for the playoff semi-final told its own story as the fans were facing “same old same old” situation of not getting over the line.

SlowerThanPlatt

Series 2 not really on a par with the first. Donald’s heart was in the right place but as others have said got carried away regarding Grigg when even the manager (who obviously didn’t hold the purse strings) wouldn’t up the ante.
25,000 odd for the playoff semi-final told its own story as the fans were facing “same old same old” situation of not getting over the line.

First leg play off games are always quite low attendances aren’t they because of the quick turnaround and being on TV? I think we had more home fans for the Morecambe game than we did Notts County

Sick Boy

Starting watching the first series and got to saying I’m enjoying it. The best bit has been them believing the Coleman hype.

Defeat after defeat they are still saying Coleman is a PL quality manager - haha

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Whatever we think of a certain section of Sunderland supporters they have absolutely fantastic support and to get 46,000 for a third tier match is phenomenal.
Good documentary series for any football supporter irrespective of which club you support.

Ring Of Steel

Whatever we think of a certain section of Sunderland supporters they have absolutely fantastic support and to get 46,000 for a third tier match is phenomenal.
Good documentary series for any football supporter irrespective of which club you support.

I haven't seen that much of this one but I do remember the one from 1997 which I enjoyed a lot, about Sunderland again in 1996/1997 when we sent them down on the last day, their last season at Roker Park, I think its better than the new one

Liquid Gold

They have good numbers but the support is terrible, moaning negative straight on players backs and it makes the team worse. Very much like us until a few years ago.

Sky Blue Pete

I haven't seen that much of this one but I do remember the one from 1997 which I enjoyed a lot, about Sunderland again in 1996/1997 when we sent them down on the last day, their last season at Roker Park, I think its better than the new one

Episode 5 9:50 in. What a game that was

Sick Boy

Clueless fans and clueless chairman.
Classic they turned on Ross yet thought Coleman was still a PL manager right at the end, really hope they don’t go up.

It’s made me appreciate Robins even more and even the way the club seem to actually trust in him and let him get on what it these days.

Users who are viewing this thread