sunderland sacked Beale (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Animated GIF

HadjiChippo

Writing looked on the wall after his embarrassing treatment of Hulme.

Judging from their fans reaction, he’s been disliked for a while. Hopefully they don’t get a new manager bounce and make a playoff comeback.

Terry Gibson's perm

Talksport doing a WhatsApp voice message for fans shame nobody said was it Jimmys fault?

Il Pirata

Shocking fanbase aren't they? Beale isn't great but they'd turned on him before a ball was kicked
Why appoint a manager whose style clearly takes some time to implement and then sack him after a few weeks? Sunderland's owners are shite.

Not that I particularly like Beale or his football.

Travs

The Sunderland fans were not happy even before the game against Sky Blues started.

A bad appointment. The majority of Sunderland fans in this case were proved correct.

Its tiny margins (as i say on many threads).

Game against us they were on top and basically missed an open goal to go 1 up. Score that and they could easily have gone on to beat us, and who knows what confidence that would've bought....

Players don't get the finger pointed at them, because they were "doing a good job for Mowbray" (who incidentally a lot of Sunderland fans wanted out)

JohnWH

From what impression I've seen, all this turmoil really can be just pinned down on the upper decision makers and their expectations and methods. Their lofty expectations that Sunderland can and should be challenging for promotion, while at the same time doing little to bring in any experience, having no managerial stability, and to hope to rely upon very young squad is entirely unrealistic combination.

There are some good players at Sunderland. There is some good talent that will be better next year or after, they need to develop. It's not the squad I'd expect to actually win promotion this year. They do themselves absolutely no favors with this managerial merry go round, seeming to hope to desperately squeeze into the playoffs to somehow fluke a promotion. Too much shortssightedness in the board room.
Sunderland can be as capable, maybe even more capable, as any club in this division to achieve promotion. Not that I really want THEM to be promoted, their size and history doesn't give them some sort of "right" to the top division. Neither does ours. It's merit based and good planning based. I don't wish them any specific ill will, don't wish them any specific good luck either. Rambles over.

But their current approach is highly doubtful to achieve anything but close-but-not-quite.

alexccfc99

I’d love to see the Media Frenzy if the other North-East club forced their manager out after 9 matches

Talksport would have a field day and dedicate a whole show to how they’ve got unrealistic expectations etc

alexccfc99

Anyway they were never going to take to him - anyone who went to our game with them just before Xmas could have told you that

Darth Robins

Hilarious thread, Beale himself has been using an old business account on twitter to defend himself, even retweeting some of those weird City fans on there who care about Sunderland more than us!

Does make me wonder if MR is lurking on here somewhere, he'd made a great online troll imo.

David O'Day

Hilarious thread, Beale himself has been using an old business account on twitter to defend himself, even retweeting some of those weird City fans on there who care about Sunderland more than us!

Does make me wonder if MR is lurking on here somewhere, he'd made a great online troll imo.

it is him but that Rangers tweet is from last week not when he was the Rangers manager

Users who are viewing this thread