Sunderland for sale (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

Stusrt Donaldson has anounced this evening he is putting the club up for sale.
Seems like he took on more than he could chew and wasnt prepared to invest.

for all their previous faults I think Sisu have done pretty well keeping us going the last few seasons and supporting Robins in getting the players he wanted

robbiekeane

for all their previous faults I think Sisu have done pretty well keeping us going the last few seasons and supporting Robins in getting the players he wanted
SISU set/agree a budget and that’s that. They do not deserve any more credit than that just like they aren’t the root of all things evil as lots on here would suggest.

Robins and team deserve the credit for the rest.

shmmeee

SISU set/agree a budget and that’s that. They do not deserve any more credit than that just like they aren’t the root of all things evil as lots on here would suggest.

I mean they also stay the duck out of the way, which they haven’t always, remember Ken Delusional

Grendel

It’s a real issue as their ground is mortgaged to an American company with a purchase clause

They are a big club with a huge heritage and fan base. It’s a bit pathetic to be gloating to be honest.

mrtrench

It’s a real issue as their ground is mortgaged to an American company with a purchase clause

They are a big club with a huge heritage and fan base. It’s a bit pathetic to be gloating to be honest.

I don't think anyone is gloating and I doubt anyone knew that their stadium is looking precarious. Obviously, very few ppl here would really wish them any ill at all.

steve cooper

I don't think anyone is gloating and I doubt anyone knew that their stadium is looking precarious. Obviously, very few ppl here would really wish them any ill at all.
Ironic really. Many of their supporters (??) on their forum have taken the mickey out of us about our ground situation. Karma!

D

Deleted member 2477

So far up their own arse they are unbelievable. All ready talking that a club their size will attract a major investor and guarenteed winning the league next year

Mucca Mad Boys

I don’t understand why people would be happy with this?

When a community is at risk of losing its team, it’s a tragedy. It’s surprising this would come from us, with our experience renting the RICOH and our current exile from Coventry.

It doesn’t take much for the next Bury, Bolton or Wimbledon (the original) to happen.

cc84cov

When a community is at risk of losing its team, it’s a tragedy. It’s surprising this would come from us, with our experience renting the RICOH and our current exile from Coventry.

It doesn’t take much for the next Bury, Bolton or Wimbledon (the original) to happen.
Do you think they would feel the same about us ?

have you ever read their forum ?

shmmeee

It’s just a bit of banter and nothing in comparison to the shot they come out with about us when in trouble. Chill out.

D

Deleted member 2477

Yep the same can be said for fans gloating in the death of someone or threatening to smash up the memorial garden of a clubs fans who have passed away.
As has previously been said Kama

Reactions: vow

Mucca Mad Boys

Yep the same can be said for fans gloating in the death of someone or threatening to smash up the memorial garden of a clubs fans who have passed away.
As has previously been said Kama

Every set of fans has a section of Neanderthals.

I’ve never bought into this fabricated rivalry between Sunderland and ourselves. It’s only come about after the anniversary of that Bristol game in the 70s.

Half the people who feel strongly about this ‘scandal’ weren’t even born when it happened.

fernandopartridge

We're in no position to gloat either, despite the hysteria on their board they're still fundamentally in a better position than us I'd say

Gint11

scroooge

LOL

Sky Blue Pete

Yep I agree completely

Gint11

Yep I agree completely

Of course your right. If any fan wants them to rot then it’s obviously because there is bad blood between the two sets of fans which in my opinion has been created and developed from them.
On my vantage point, I don’t want to see any club go under, not good for the game or the local community where football means so much.

Sbarcher

Thing is they were actually "up for sale" as soon as Donald and Co took over. They thought they could do a flip back to the Championship and then bale out at a profit. He was originally seen as the saviour after Short virtually gave the club away. He may have stabilised the club financially but does not have the funds to match their ambition. Their recruitment's been based on Frees and out of contracts (eg, Burge and Willis). Jumping from owning Eastleigh to Sunderland was a jump too far......
If I was a Sunderland fan, I would also be fuming if we had the wage bill of the rest of the league combined and were sitting in mid-table.

Users who are viewing this thread