Sunderland crowd.. (1 Viewer)

ccfc1234

Well away support is probably a better indicator than home support at the moment seen as home support is on an upward trajectory so it's difficult to determine if anything is having a negative impact.

But a team who usually sells out against us, and most away games making general sale suggests something's amiss.
I think there are more than just ticket prices being considered by the Sunderland fans. Half of their fans seem to think Coventry is a city full of uncivilized barbarians!!

letsallsingtogether

so do they take that many kids to the football.
Is a third of their away support children?
Would you boycott if you never had kids?

Happy_Martian

The ghost of 77 ?

Don't tell me that fucking bristol game

For some of them, that "fucking bristol game" is more than enough for them to still trash talk us, boycott our games and generally despise us. The troubles over the last 5 years have only exacerbated their feelings.

I'm trying to provide a balance of opinion when they do post with a meagre level of success (not being abused after every post is a success in my books, compared to the reactions toward other Cov posters). Actually found the tweet from a Sunderland fan regarding the trashing of the Jimmy Hill garden and posted it there (thanks for the help LDN). I'm getting somewhere with the recent problems but I know to leave 1977 alone. I just say it was one man's actions and not to tar every other Coventry fan with the same brush.

Tile Hill Phil

Took my kids to Birmingham FC for a Saturday afternoon Championship game some years ago only to find there was not a penny reduction for kids when we got to the turnstile. No choice but to cough up.
Also, paid over £30 to see us play away at Piswich maybe 15 years ago. That was one huge ripoff... 😡
I remember when we played Hartlepool away about 11 years and I got charged £26 for a ticket. Thought that was scandalous at the time

Happy_Martian

I remember buying tickets to see Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United in the West Terrace at Highfield Road. Premiership prices ? Less than £25 each for an adult.

Grendel

For some of them, that "fucking bristol game" is more than enough for them to still trash talk us, boycott our games and generally despise us. The troubles over the last 5 years have only exacerbated their feelings.

I'm trying to provide a balance of opinion when they do post with a meagre level of success (not being abused after every post is a success in my books, compared to the reactions toward other Cov posters). Actually found the tweet from a Sunderland fan regarding the trashing of the Jimmy Hill garden and posted it there (thanks for the help LDN). I'm getting somewhere with the recent problems but I know to leave 1977 alone. I just say it was one man's actions and not to tar every other Coventry fan with the same brush.

It’s hyped up social media nonsense - we’ve played them loads in the years between and it’s never mentioned - it’s not even the last time a delayed kick off relegated them

hamertime

Something should be done about away ticket prices.

The fans have to factor in travel and food as well so it works out a lot cheaper for home fans who can possibly walk up or a couple of quid in petrol and eat at home.

Covcraig@bury

Something should be done about away ticket prices.

The fans have to factor in travel and food as well so it works out a lot cheaper for home fans who can possibly walk up or a couple of quid in petrol and eat at home.
I’m a ST and have been for years . Every game at home home is an away game ( 274 ) miles around trip. I get no concessions and it cost me £100 on average just for home games . So it is what it is.

clint van damme

I’m a ST and have been for years . Every game at home home is an away game ( 274 ) miles around trip. I get no concessions and it cost me £100 on average just for home games . So it is what it is.

That's you, it's not everyone. You can clearly afford it and fair play but for someone with a kid or 2 in tow it's a different story.

Evo1883

I don't give a shiny shit about their feelings , fuck them .

Go back there and tell them that most coventry fans think they are cunts and nobody gives a fuck about happy Martian playing happy families

Not sure what you though I'd say to that reply but I bet it wasn't that

croatskyblue

Forget 19,000 of those, we're in for the season.

We have around 11000 tickets to sell game by game. So far, for next week, between us and Sunderland we've sold about 3000 total. This price is clearly impacting on this so it needs to be reviewed. It was a real opportunity this season to fill the place and attract new supporters or turn more casuals into regulars. Charging kids £25 ain't going to achieve that.

there are less than half the 11,000 you claim left to sell.

Happy_Martian

I don't give a shiny shit about their feelings , fuck them .

Go back there and tell them that most coventry fans think they are cunts and nobody gives a fuck about happy Martian playing happy families

Not sure what you though I'd say to that reply but I bet it wasn't that

Don't worry, I probably have the same opinion about your opinion :) And I do give a fuck if it prevents more innocents being attacked from either club due to the moronic antiquated attitudes of a minority. If people want to fight and throw insults at each other, they should take football out of it and go be children in a field somewhere. I couldn't care less what happens then.

Evo1883

HeDon't worry, I probably have the same opinion about your opinion :) And I do give a fuck if it prevents more innocents being attacked from either club due to the moronic antiquated attitudes of a minority. If people want to fight and throw insults at each other, they should take football out of it and go be children in a field somewhere. I couldn't care less what happens then.

amazon fly GIF

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The kid ticket price is scandalous, but the blame for that has to largely be placed at the door of the adults that were taking the piss with concession tickets.

So the only way around it to allow the kids to claim stuff in the stadium to negate the price. Lots of parents talk about needing to feed the kids, so let them claim some free food and drink. Give them a programme for free when they go through the turnstile. Give them a t-shirt or a hat to take home.

Brighton Sky Blue

The kid ticket price is scandalous, but the blame for that has to largely be placed at the door of the adults that were taking the piss with concession tickets.

So the only way around it to allow the kids to claim stuff in the stadium to negate the price. Lots of parents talk about needing to feed the kids, so let them claim some free food and drink. Give them a programme for free when they go through the turnstile. Give them a t-shirt or a hat to take home.
Doug does not strike me as the sort to give out freebies

alexccfc99

Poor response considering our own fans were complaining about Cat A prices when they were announced. And we pay the same as the away fans.

Have been chatting with the Sunderland board for a week or two and a minority are using the Ghost of 1977 as an additional reason to boycott, that's something we're never going to repair so take those numbers out. But for a 3000 allocation (been told its reduced this year for them ??!!), 1400 is still low. A fair few of those responding to my posts are non-regular away fans getting their first loyalty points on their season tickets. That in itself says something about the feeling regarding the prices.

Have to agree with them, it's time clubs dropped the Cat prices and have a cap like in the Prem. Otherwise, fans will vote with their feet more frequently.
You choose how to spend your spare time how you like but I genuinely don’t see how any self respecting City fan could spend their time on that forum full of them arseholes making constant jibes about “Jimmy being in a box” and how “The best thing to come out of Coventry were the Nazis”

They a lower than a snakes belly and a set of spiteful cowards and other than Leicester there is no football club or set of fans I despise more, and even with Leicester I’ve at least met some of their fans who are sound

napolimp

It's not the MLB.

Users who are viewing this thread