Sundays game (1 Viewer)

SkyBluePryce

Not going to be there, as i work sundays (ironically so i can watch the football on saturdays) but will record it. Was just hoping that this sunday there will be a positive atmosphere like in the 1st half against Bury. Fans cheering on the players, singing and cheering passages of play.

I think under this atmosphere we'll beat Stevenage, but if we start getting on the players back again like in the 2nd half against Bury or against Burton (Hussey), we'll continue to slip up. Like what was mentioned in the Boo's thread.

Was listening to Shaw's interview and he was saying how bright the players were and how well they were playing in training before the Burton game. You can't help but think when they're out there on the pitch there's a slight hesitation in fear of making mistakes. I'd rather we lose the ball, by playing neat passing football, rather than a hopeful ball from the defence. So if we make mistakes cheer the attempt (if it was the right idea) and hopefully things will start to click. Stop getting on their backs.

PUSB

Steve.B50

Its sad but some fans just dont understand these things and when we play poor (most of the time) rather than support the team they make it worse by just being even more negative and throwing insults.

I won't be able to go either. For any interested London-based sky blues I am planning to watch it in The Calthorpe Arms on Gray's Inn Road. Would be nice to watch it with a few other fans.

shy_tall_knight

I used to work in Grays Inn Road (1986) I'm sure one of the pubs has a glass floor where you could watch them making the beer - I think it was called the Yorkshire Grey

valiant15

Oh bless the little lambs,its a hard life earning a few grand a week and having the odd boo thrown your way.

NickB

I won't be able to go either. For any interested London-based sky blues I am planning to watch it in The Calthorpe Arms on Gray's Inn Road. Would be nice to watch it with a few other fans.

Might be up for it if i can drag my self out of the house, are they definitely showing the game?

I used to work in Grays Inn Road (1986) I'm sure one of the pubs has a glass floor where you could watch them making the beer - I think it was called the Yorkshire Grey

The Yorkshire Grey is still there STK - I've been past but never inside. Sounds like it's worth checking out though. Suggested The Calthorpe as the landlord is a Cov fan so should be at least one other sky blue to celebrate or commiserate with!

Might be up for it if i can drag my self out of the house, are they definitely showing the game?

Nick - they should be. As per my post to STK the landlord is a Cov fan and it's on Sky so I'd be very surprised if not. I will double check on my way home from work tonight and confirm though. Don't want to get that wrong!

NickB

Nick - they should be. As per my post to STK the landlord is a Cov fan and it's on Sky so I'd be very surprised if not. I will double check on my way home from work tonight and confirm though. Don't want to get that wrong!

Ha, could be a blessing in disguise depending on the performance. I only live in Bow so seems like a good a place as any

coop

Where exactly is this pub as I'm taking the mrs to twickenham Sunday for the lady gaga gig but need somewhere to watch match and a few beers.

CovfanDan

Not going to be there, as i work sundays (ironically so i can watch the football on saturdays) but will record it. Was just hoping that this sunday there will be a positive atmosphere like in the 1st half against Bury. Fans cheering on the players, singing and cheering passages of play.

I think under this atmosphere we'll beat Stevenage, but if we start getting on the players back again like in the 2nd half against Bury or against Burton (Hussey), we'll continue to slip up. Like what was mentioned in the Boo's thread.

Was listening to Shaw's interview and he was saying how bright the players were and how well they were playing in training before the Burton game. You can't help but think when they're out there on the pitch there's a slight hesitation in fear of making mistakes. I'd rather we lose the ball, by playing neat passing football, rather than a hopeful ball from the defence. So if we make mistakes cheer the attempt (if it was the right idea) and hopefully things will start to click. Stop getting on their backs.

PUSB

Cracking post mate, totally agree, if its a confidence thing with the side (any side) then booing aint gona help is it.

Also what annoys me a bit, is that fans are prepared to boo a player more than they are to support him. Yeah so they are on a few grand a week, I don't think any mistake they make is deliberate and yeah ok, some will be more arsed than others, but if you are prepared to make the effort to go the game and to pay your money to support the club, you may aswell support a player than boo him.

I don't go the game much now so perhaps im not one to comment on the recent booing and that's fair comment, but reading between the lines the argument that they earn x amount a week is a bit of a cop out

Where exactly is this pub as I'm taking the mrs to twickenham Sunday for the lady gaga gig but need somewhere to watch match and a few beers.

Here you are coop: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Calthorpe+Arms+WC1X+8JR

It's about a 10min walk from Kings X. Opposite side of London from Twickernham unfortunately but presume the gaga gig is in the evening in which case you should have plenty of time to get across town. As I said to NickB I'll double check they're showing the match tonight and confirm tomorrow so double check this thread before turning up!

Sutty

All I'll say is, if you're going to boo when someone tries something that doesn't work, don't then boo when they choose the safe option moments later.

It's the hypocrisy that gets me ;)

Let's hope that the "glamour" of the tv coverage will raise these useless bastards game and then can begin to repay the fans and then maybe the little lambs will realise that we have been putting up with crap for way too long. The current playing staff are the guardians of our club, our hopes and our future and they need to step up to the plate ASAP.

hill83

Not looking forward to this game at all. Not been like this for a while. Gutted it's on sunday too.

Covstu

Do we think the attendance will be as bad as Tuesday? I suppose the ST holders will boost that (even if they do not turn up!) but we will struggle past 10k.

NickB

Good job you asked Nick - they don't have sky anymore! Will have to settle for my local in Highbury and wind up all the Arsenal fans instead! :D

not sure if I could face watching it with any other fans.. potential for embarrassment is too high! Took my spurs support mate to two games in recent times.. Millwall away last season and Dagenham away this season.. "we're not always this bad" was mentioned on more than one occasion

not sure if I could face watching it with any other fans.. potential for embarrassment is too high! Took my spurs support mate to two games in recent times.. Millwall away last season and Dagenham away this season.. "we're not always this bad" was mentioned on more than one occasion

Well if you change your mind I'll be the only bloke in The Compton Arms off Highbury Corner wearing a Cov shirt and probably the only one watching the telly too...:thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread