Summer Transfers (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Was the estimated delivery time for the shirt November?

3 weeks.

giphy.gif

Gint11

I don’t think the ground has as much impact on a player signing than some people think.

You sign for the club, not how many blue seats there are. It’s about money nothing much else.

better days

I don’t think the ground has as much impact on a player signing than some people think.

You sign for the club, not how many blue seats there are. It’s about money nothing much else.
It does a bit, we'd all be the same looking at a new job
So much so that a club with a scruffy training ground will have their first meeting at the ground to make an impression if they have a decent stadium
A club sharing a ground but with believable and tangible plans for either their own stadium under construction or to move back to somewhere like the Ricoh within a year or so could overcome the worry of a player ending up in a situation like at Bolton where the staff wages are late as often as not

Gint11

It does a bit, we'd all be the same looking at a new job
So much so that a club with a scruffy training ground will have their first meeting at the ground to make an impression if they have a decent stadium
A club sharing a ground but with believable and tangible plans for either their own stadium under construction or to move back to somewhere like the Ricoh within a year or so could overcome the worry of a player ending up in a situation like at Bolton where the staff wages are late as often as not

Ok. I see what you’re saying but if all the above happens when you arrive at the club but they are offering you £100,000 a week or you can join a team with a swanky Ricoh arena on £4,000 a week does it matter then?

The 2 main factors is money and what league the clubs in.

skybluegod

Ok. I see what you’re saying but if all the above happens when you arrive at the club but they are offering you £100,000 a week or you can join a team with a swanky Ricoh arena on £4,000 a week does it matter then?

Agree, money talks at the end of the day. I don't know any situation where players aren't paid. Of course situations where they are payed late, but in general, as long as they are getting paid, they will play wherever.

If of course it is a team in the same division paying the same wage, then maybe stadium might come into it, but i think Robins, and the fact we seem to be going in the right direction on the pitch, will probably help us in a lot of cases.

Sky Blue Pete

Yeah

Users who are viewing this thread