Summer transfer window 2024 (50 Viewers)

Skybluedownunder

I see Dawkins is claiming on X that City have not been in contact with McCallum

Great, publicly putting it on X so we can’t just fly under the radar, bloke is a helmet!

I’d rather we go about our business quietly to get good deals as opposed to everyone hearing about things and attracting other clubs and driving the wages up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alkhen

Could technically be right. We can't officially approach anyone yet. Even through the back channels I doubt it would go down well when Norwich's season is not yet concluded.

No contact doesn't actually mean we aren't interested

Seaside-Skyblue

Great, publicly putting it on X so we can’t just fly under the radar, bloke is a helmet!

I’d rather we go about our business quietly to get good deals as opposed to everyone hearing about things and attracting other clubs and driving the wages up

I'd imagine he's already on various club's radar because he's been scouted previously rather than because they'll stumble on a tweet. Im possibly overestimating clubs scouting / recruitment team capabilities though!

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

JoeCCFCPUSB

Dno why but, i have a feeling we will sign 1 big name midfielder or winger/ forward for £10 million quid, we will then recruit 8/9 more players costing between £12-£15 Million. we will spend
£25 million quid, but around £17 million of that coming from the Ben Sheaf sale and i honestly hate to say it but it wouldn't surprise me if Simms ends up going late on for big money. My mate told me the other day he's heard whispers that Brentford are interested, not arsed with names and rumors tho.
Concrete is Sheaf will be sold, and i just cannot see us not splashing out on one special talent more than likely centre mid. and then bulking the squad up with cheaper talent.

Chris1987

Dno why but, i have a feeling we will sign 1 big name midfielder or winger/ forward for £10 million quid, we will then recruit 8/9 more players costing between £12-£15 Million. we will spend
£25 million quid, but around £17 million of that coming from the Ben Sheaf sale and i honestly hate to say it but it wouldn't surprise me if Simms ends up going late on for big money. My mate told me the other day he's heard whispers that Brentford are interested, not arsed with names and rumors tho.
Concrete is Sheaf will be sold, and i just cannot see us not splashing out on one special talent more than likely centre mid. and then bulking the squad up with cheaper talent.
The National Press ( The Sun) were stating that both Brentford & Bournemouth had been tracking Simms prior to the QPR game. Pinch of salt required.

Deity

Could technically be right. We can't officially approach anyone yet. Even through the back channels I doubt it would go down well when Norwich's season is not yet concluded.

No contact doesn't actually mean we aren't interested
Cmon guys we know how Bosmans work, indeed how all

The club approach his agent not Norwich.

No one waits for the season to finish to start sounding out agents and trying to get things agreed in principle.

I’m not saying Dawkins is right as I rhink he’s very self serving but I’m certain anyone interested in McCallum has already been in contact.

SkyBluePower

No reason to doubt our currently very plugged in ITK on here but a quick scan of other clubs forums has quite a few of them “in” for some of the key out of contract players mentioned on here.
Would be brilliant business if we were able to get some these ahead of rivals for a change- even a massive change on last year where we seemed to be beaten for quite a few targets.

Hincha

Simms would be stupid to go to the Prem now. Brentford have already signed their Toney replacement & Bournemouth have Solanke. He'd get limited minutes and he's shown he needs a run in the team.

Doubt we'd accept the bids anyway, which would probably be around 10m. If he continues his development and hits 20+ next season we can ask for 20m minimum next summer.

PVA

The same Preston who finished just below us and gave us a proper tonking this season. The Preston who have troubled the play offs far more regularly than we have. That the Preston you mean?

Preston haven't finished in the playoffs since they came up 10 years ago, we did it 3rd time of asking.

Not saying they're shite or anything, but we're a better team than them and on a much better trajectory.

Diogenes

Disagree with the fee, I think prem clubs would have to offer 15-20 for it to be even considered and that would get a no. Think for DK to really entertain it would have to be 25-30.

Not many young english strikers pumping out around 20 a season, there's a premium to pay for that.

SwanLane

Simms would be stupid to go to the Prem now. Brentford have already signed their Toney replacement & Bournemouth have Solanke. He'd get limited minutes and he's shown he needs a run in the team.

Doubt we'd accept the bids anyway, which would probably be around 10m. If he continues his development and hits 20+ next season we can ask for 20m minimum next summer.
Agree that after his experience here, he’d think twice about moving so soon and possibly having another tricky bedding in period. With a big price tag in the PL, there’d be nowhere to hide.
You never know though. Young English goalscorer from a PL acadamy…… if someone offered silly money, the club could be tempted to sell regardless.

fatso

He's still involved in the playoffs, surely that would mean any potential suitor would wait until his season has ended.

SkyblueCookie

Disagree with the fee, I think prem clubs would have to offer 15-20 for it to be even considered and that would get a no. Think for DK to really entertain it would have to be 25-30.

Not many young english strikers pumping out around 20 a season, there's a premium to pay for that.
Agreed, is it 3 years left on his current deal too? We don't need to sell, probably getting another Gyokeres windfall coming, 25-30 seems the right region.

Winny the Bish

ah right didn't realise his injury was so serious
Yeah sadly. But I love him as a player and if he was released, I wouldn't be annoyed if we took a punt on him even with him missing half the season.

Was one of the best CMs in the league when Brentford got promoted and he's still fairly young.

Hobo

James 33 in July no thanks

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Ellis has improved but I don't see him being a top class striker.

TomRad85

If we are changing formation to a flatter 3 in midfield I'd expect to see 2 CMs coming in.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread