Summer transfer window 2024 (36 Viewers)

shmmeee

Agree. Palmer may give the ball away but he’s always trying to find killer passes through the defence. We’ve moaned all season about our players not finding Simms and Wright runs behind but KP at least tries.

I do still hate it when he backheels straight to an opposition player though.

We need better, but I much prefer with Wright and Simms a player who tries those balls in behind. Same as people complaining about Sheafs passing accuracy, those two play far more forward balls than the other central mids so they’re going to get cut out more, but without them you’re just passing in triangles around the edge of the area forever.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We need better, but I much prefer with Wright and Simms a player who tries those balls in behind. Same as people complaining about Sheafs passing accuracy, those two play far more forward balls than the other central mids so they’re going to get cut out more, but without them you’re just passing in triangles around the edge of the area forever.

People complain because his forward passes come to nothing though. He also continuously passes in triangles on the edge of the box like the others. The forward ones are often the wrong choice at that time, or don't come off at all. Zero assists in a free scoring team, with a role that gives him much room to do more just qualifies that further. Palmer pulls off more, but still not enough there consistently either. He often screws up good opportunities.

The whole midfield needs an attacking improvement. Hopefully Torp can provide something there, he seems to have some vision and execution, but it's been a hole to fill since Hamer's departure.

ptr

MR stating he wants to get business done early, will be easier this time around without a playoff run so can plan ahead for the league we're in, hopefully get some announced soon.
Thank god. Was worried he wanted to get business done really late….

SBAndy

Does anyone know how many of our squad spaces are being used by those who wouldn’t qualify under the work permit ‘points’ requirement? I’d imagine Torp and Sakamoto are on there, think MvE and Wright are/were fine on the points anyway.

Winny the Bish

Does anyone know how many of our squad spaces are being used by those who wouldn’t qualify under the work permit ‘points’ requirement? I’d imagine Torp and Sakamoto are on there, think MvE and Wright are/were fine on the points anyway.
I believe we would have 3 available. Saka could be moved to non-ESC as he's played in enough games. Torp may not have so would still count as ESC next season.

edgy

Martin Braithwaite on a free transfer. Godden replacement on Palmer-esque wages. 💰

Goals goals goals at 2nd division level. ⚽⚽⚽

Danish, so can kip at Torp's. 🛌

Bit of wealth too, so get him on the board. 💲💲💲

Ticks every box really. ✅

mark82

Martin Braithwaite on a free transfer. Godden replacement on Palmer-esque wages. 💰

Bit too old at 33?

Manchester_sky_blue

Serious knee injuries so should fit right in 😁

Viktor17

Brown would be perfect, bit of grit and nasty streak. As said before wages issue would think, he's on circa 25-30k I believe at Preston.

Rudoni just not seen enough, he did ok when we beat them 3.1, end product lacking and not quite sure how quick. But they were awful as collective so hard to judge. Would trust MR and AV judgement however.

Both been mentioned for a few weeks now as had Dolan from blackburn. Tyrese Campbell released yesterday also, there's a player there.

edgy

Exodus from Blues is under way apparently.

Bacuna available, but interest from Turkey.

procdoc

Been rumoured on twitter that we might be interested in Jack Rudoni form Huddersfield and the Preston Captain Alan Brown, dont know if he fits at 29 though, just rumours.
Rudoni isn’t helped by the lack of quality around him. Browne would be an unreal signing for us and the type of know how you need to help get you out of this division

procdoc

But exactly what we need. Team last 6 weeks has shown how soft we are/lack leaders. Robins has referenced this given we've lost Fadz/Kelly. Understand he's open to 1/2 more experienced pros also.

Id love to get this one over the line.
I imagine a fair few of the other clubs around us will also be looking at him

SkyB

Saw us linked with Browne and McCallum on twitter this morning. I can get on board with both of them. Both on frees at the end of the season.

Obviously Browne's wages are an issue but would complete the midfield quartet for next season.

napolimp

Would Mandroiu from Lincoln be worth a look at, as an Attacking Mid? Out of contract, assuming wages would be relatively low, 25 years old, 8 goals and 5 assists this term.

Users who are viewing this thread