Summer transfer window 2024 (106 Viewers)

Deity

It will be 15 plus

Nixon doesnt know his arse from his elbow
Well he’s had a 30 yr career reporting on football
And football transfers for the biggest media businesses the UK so he probably does know his arse from his elbow.

however like Fabrizio, Football insider, Darren Whitcomb etc etc they get their stories principally from agents not clubs. Therefore it will be Sheafs agent leaking the interested clubs and suggesting a price that will attract more clubs and the competitive tension… all of which will work for his client.

Balli001

Think the most important signings will be the older players this window. Got to say that really doesn’t excite me as a transfer list. All reasonable squad players but not going to move you up a level.
But would replace currently Andrews Lusala and dausch so massively improving the overall squad

TomRad85

Think the most important signings will be the older players this window. Got to say that really doesn’t excite me as a transfer list. All reasonable squad players but not going to move you up a level.
I think more than reasonable squad players compared to our current squad players. I think you'll get your wish and we'll see more exciting signings too but for me it's a good starting point. If we require 8-9 players they can't all cost a fortune.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

zuni

was it langstaff we were linked to before…how did his season end up…yes I could look but I’m lazy and old and the old means I get easily confused when searching

is bidwell out of contract, real,shame if he goes he really is a good player….da silva, meh very disappointed

shmmeee

was it langstaff we were linked to before…how did his season end up…yes I could look but I’m lazy and old and the old means I get easily confused when searching

is bidwell out of contract, real,shame if he goes he really is a good player….da silva, meh very disappointed

Won the L2 golden boot. But 20 before Xmas and only 9 after.

Apparently he wants to stay there until Notts are in L1. Seems like a decent bloke who has a job to do where he is.

Hertsccfc

McCallum hasn’t impressed at Norwich since his transfer.

He has been loaned out to QPR where he made just 17 appearances and was mainly on the bench for Norwich this season until their first choice left back was ruled out for the season.

Im not sure why a second choice left back for QPR or Norwich is an upgrade on Bidwell. I liked him when he was with us but ….:
He's had a number of injuries hasn't he? He's a much better player than Bidwell.

rexo87

Well he’s had a 30 yr career reporting on football
And football transfers for the biggest media businesses the UK so he probably does know his arse from his elbow.

however like Fabrizio, Football insider, Darren Whitcomb etc etc they get their stories principally from agents not clubs. Therefore it will be Sheafs agent leaking the interested clubs and suggesting a price that will attract more clubs and the competitive tension… all of which will work for his client.
Yeah it’ll be from Sheafs agent. He broke the original story that he was coming to us back in 2020

shmmeee

He's had a number of injuries hasn't he? He's a much better player than Bidwell.

Just not been in the side. Norwich wanted to keep him around as a backup but I think he’s wanted out for a while because of no playing opportunities.

larry_david

Apparently he wants to stay there until Notts are in L1. Seems like a decent bloke who has a job to do where he is.
Yeah his form dropped but tbh Notts county fell off a cliff!

They've got a big rebuild and I imagine Jones will be off too. Langstaff shouldn't be on our radar tbh

CovLad94

They'll need to rebuild their defence if that's the case, comedy roadshow at the back for them all season

TomRad85

Tyrese Campbell available on a free
I didn't actually realise how many loans Stoke had. With the release of Campbell and the returning loan players they lose 5 of their first 11 yesterday for nothing.

Deity

I didn't actually realise how many loans Stoke had. With the release of Campbell and the returning loan players they lose 5 of their first 11 yesterday for nothing.

Which is why too many loans is not the answer

BlueSkiesForever

We 100% need a new keeper, don’t care how short of a spell he’s had with us, he just looks like a man deflated and unable to make himself a presence in front of goal.

Jamesimus

Tbh signing McCallum from an 8th division side, selling for a few million to fund important signings, then bringing back aged just 23 on a free would be a masterstroke.

It would be, I also would like to be aiming higher than McCallum, I thought he was a decent enough player that being said and wouldn’t be unhappy to see him sign.

Jamesimus

Most likely going down anyway. Ipswich wouldn't surprise me at all though but in exchange for Collins and Dasilva helping them to get promoted I expect £15 million minimum

I thought after both games we’ve played against Ipswich, Sheaf was the only player who’d get in their first 11.

Jamesimus

I just think if we need 8 or 9 players we have to be realistic and use the free market well if possible.

A first choice left back if Bidwell is going is a necessity. I’m unsure DaSilva is right for us (but a good “footballer” technically). I’d take Sam as squad rotation, he was usually good defensively.

Samo

My wish list:

Replacement for Moore - Starter
Replacement for Binks (Or Binks himself) - Starter
Replacement for Kelly - Young potential
Replacement for O'Hare - Starter
Replacement for Godden - Young potential

New RB - Young potential (Or Lusala?)
New CM - Young potential but prefer Starter
New RW - Young potential (Or Tavares?)

That's 6-8 in. (Considering we expect 5 to leave and we are currently light, I think that's about right)

Plus:
If we lose Bidwell? - Starter
If we lose Sheaf? - Starter

And:
New sponsor
Kit without stripes

Last edited:

Deity

My wish list:

Replacement for Moore - Starter
Replacement for Binks (Or Binks himself) - Starter
Replacement for Kelly - Young potential (Possibly Loan)
Replacement for O'Hare - Starter
Replacement for Godden - Young potential (Possibly Loan)

New RB - Young potential (Possibly Loan) Or Lusala?
New CM - Young potential but prefer Starter
New RW - Young potential (Possibly Loan) Or Tavares?

That's 6-8 in. (Considering we expect 5 to leave and we are currently light, I think that's about right)

Plus:
If we lose Bidwell? - Starter
If we lose Sheaf? - Starter

And:
New sponsor
Kit without stripes
The problem with having loans and having them as subs is that neither the loaning club or the player are happy and they get pulled back.

They have been loaned out to play.

If you have loans they need to be starters imho and no more than 2 of them.

Samo

The problem with having loans and having them as subs is that neither the loaning club or the player are happy and they get pulled back.

Yeah you are right, and I'd prefer our own but we may have to.
If loans come they should earn the right to play or they go back, like the lad from Brighton this season.
But I will edit my previous post having taken your point.

skybluecam

Not necessarily, Ipswich have Sarmiento, Williams and a few other loanees who rarely start.

David O'Day

Very telling comments from Robins in his Cov Tele interview I thought ….

He talked to the players yesterday about the importance of being in it for the full journey, not using Cov as a stepping stone and looking to jump ship as soon as a better offer comes along …

I don’t think it was a dig at COH who has been with us for a while but maybe he already knows that some players agents are trying to get them another move this summer …. Sheaf ? Simms ? MVE ?

@Saddlebrains any views ?
He doesn't know anything about transfers

He just get's sent in whatsapps the same XIs as loads of other people

David O'Day

Yes. Sheaf is interesting a number of clubs including Luton.
Luton are most likely going to be in the same division as us and will not be looking at fees that large, they want their PL money and parachute payments to go one a new ground.

SBAndy

Not necessarily, Ipswich have Sarmiento, Williams and a few other loanees who rarely start.

Sarmiento only joined in January after being called back from WBA due to lack of game time. You can kind of get away with it for half a season at a time. Williams I’d imagine has a good relationship with McKenna from their Utd days so probably happy to be there for now.

skybluecam

Sarmiento only joined in January after being called back from WBA due to lack of game time. You can kind of get away with it for half a season at a time. Williams I’d imagine has a good relationship with McKenna from their Utd days so probably happy to be there for now.
They've also got Travis who'd not played much.

Loans aren't always about developing players, can be experienced players who aren't wanted for whatever reason, in that case the parent club is less worried about playing time.

Users who are viewing this thread